Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie did eat about 1/4 of a can for breakfast.. alert, got a good bruising.. wanted different food while I was working on the *&(* pineapple... of course, I cut my finger.. really good...

The darn slippery thing slipped away as the knife was point down and my fingers went after it... No, I do not tuck my fingers under... never did.. perhaps that is why I keep Butterfly Strips in the cabinet.. man, was it bleeding...Have not done this for a long time..

ok--Arti is now sunny himself on his small cat tree looking out the window. He has been following me around the place.. My 'Follow"; as in "My Love"...

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sympathize. I cut my finger deeply at work the other day and then little Charlie scratched another and then I deeply scratched another building a set for a play. Bandages everywhere!

Hariette seems to be more cuddly when the weather changes. She wants to follow and steal my warmth. She also doesn’t want to eat as much. It just seems that winter is a sleepy time of year for everyone, including myself.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the info.. Yes, I have all that stuff in my refrigerator...Pineapple begins today!
Antibiotic was begun yesterday--twice a day, along with Activia yogurt, and a possible probiotic, if I feel I need it...

I am having a bit more than the one extraction.. I have had single extractions before.
I also have some potatoes in the house and some Pastina (tiny star pasta) which I love with just butter.. Yes, I do need to lose a ton of weight.. so we will see.. but all these liquid, soft foods contain a ton of calories.. but....I also bought some frozen Italian Ice. I think that may be a good idea for cold. At least, my friend, who had an implant last year, thought it was helpful.

I really do not want to leave the house, unless I have to... or are going stir crazy.. who knows how I will feel.. but at least I have options.

I asked my cousin to pick up Artie's compounded medicine, which runs out next week. He said he would definitely get it for Artie. I think I will call the script in this week-end, for them to prepare it...need to give at least a 24 hour notice, cannot be picked up on
week-ends (small, independent, family owned pharmacy)
Artie ate 1/3 of a can of wet food during the night. He wanted breakfast, but refused a new can of food... dam cat... he is beginning his "I want a different food".. I can tell..
This is why I jump on things with meds, every time he vomits.. I do not want him to get into 'that mood".....

Artie decided to cuddle around 4AM. I caught him in a different spot on my bed last week.. He lays in the bottom corner of my bed, while I am sleeping. He is still with me, not alone, yet he is not strait-jacketing me with his cuddles. Sweet boy. I noticed this last week.

He did poop a tiny bit~ only 3 hard pieces, totaling 5 inches. I know the dry food does cause his stool to become harder.. He is going back to his regular dose of Lactulose today..

A very busy day today; between picking up around here, putting laundry away, cleaning pineapple, cleaning off the balcony, washing bed linens, re-making bed, and medicating Artie. It will be a full day. If I know me, I will get a late start on it..

Tomorrow will be up very early for Mass. We are getting a Rain Nor'Easter for 2 days.
I do want to go to Trader Joes to pick up a couple of things.. The grocery store will be mobbed.. I want a couple of bananas (smoothies) and a couple boxes of Almond milk (cheaper there), and a small container of chocolate ice cream (really good), and free range eggs for egg salad, without the bread.

The main road, highway, that Trader Joes is on, is a path leading up north, for Tree Peepers (foliage), and a route towards Salem, MA. This being Halloween Week-end, with a wonderfully sunny day today~~ it will be mobbed. Tomorrow, it will be raining, so it will be empty, early in the morning, after mass.. as long as it is before noon, I will be ok.

Artie just went in the kitchen... let's hope it is a bit more than just licking the juice.
Good on Artie for eating some wet food! He is picky, isn't he? But he also sounds like he's on the 'see-food' diet :winkcat:even with things that aren't food. Hopefully the feather bit will just pass through. I'm like that, too -- very careful to try to cat-proof everything. The feather toys do get mauled, though, I know. I'm always picking up bits after a da Bird session, and sometimes I remake toys if they pull a full feather out, because they can be used again.
Good on you about the pineapple! I buy them most times I shop, cut down half, put the other half in plastic wrap in the crisper. Each half will last a week for me, that way. I like the fresh better than the tinned, but I keep tinned on hand, too, for when I run out of fresh because I only shop once a month.
If you have a food processor or blender you can put almost anything through it to liquefy while you're on a liquid diet. When I had gum surgery my then-husband did this for me with my veggie burgers. It wasn't my absolute favorite, but I needed protein and that's how I got it. You eat meat, so you can run cooked meat through there, too, and make a puree like baby food (or just buy baby food. Same difference). Sounds like you've got some great choices for when you do this!
Wishing you and Artie a good weekend. :):lovecat2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad to hear Artie ate some wet food this morning. Good boy, Artie. :thumbsup:

Sorry you cut your finger. Ouch.

Do you like / can you drink soymilk. I'm vegetarian, and I drink soymilk rather than almond milk, because it has more protein. And after your oral surgery, you'll need sufficient protein for healing.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Something is wrong with Artie.. He has been fussing with his food all morning.. Eating only the dry.. This is how he acts when he decides not to eat a certain food, ever again...

Or is it from the feather he ate.. I could kick myself now..

I have been busy today, just doing a quick once over on everything. Artie could not sit still, between following me around, pacing over to the food, refusing to eat, following me back into the kitchen, waiting for new food.. It has been terrible.

Perhaps he does sense my anxiety, but I feel it is more than that.

I did give him a dose of Cerenia. Ninety minutes later, a dose of Cypro, an hour later, his lactulose dose. Still no food. The Cypro should have kicked in... and the Cerenia..

Now that I have stopped working around here, Artie is napping, in his tent..

I pray he improves tomorrow.. if not, I do not know what I am going to do with him..
I cannot reschedule the dental. I am taking the antibiotics.. getting a bit nervous about him....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are we crazy? :biggrin:
Yes, we are, but only in the very BEST ways!

It is going to be a terrible rainstorm on Sunday and Monday.
We appear to be sharing weather!

.I also bought some frozen Italian Ice. I think that may be a good idea for cold.
Oh, YUM! That was an inspired idea!

Arti is now sunny himself on his small cat tree looking out the window.
There is nothing quite so content as a cat with a prime sunpuddle!

(or just buy baby food. Same difference
Excellent idea!

I pray he improves tomorrow.. if not, I do not know what I am going to do with him..
Good health fairy coming your way!

000000000000000g.jpg.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something is wrong with Artie.. He has been fussing with his food all morning.. Eating only the dry.. This is how he acts when he decides not to eat a certain food, ever again...

Or is it from the feather he ate.. I could kick myself now..

I have been busy today, just doing a quick once over on everything. Artie could not sit still, between following me around, pacing over to the food, refusing to eat, following me back into the kitchen, waiting for new food.. It has been terrible.

Perhaps he does sense my anxiety, but I feel it is more than that.

I did give him a dose of Cerenia. Ninety minutes later, a dose of Cypro, an hour later, his lactulose dose. Still no food. The Cypro should have kicked in... and the Cerenia..

Now that I have stopped working around here, Artie is napping, in his tent..

I cannot reschedule the dental. I am taking the antibiotics.. getting a bit nervous about him....
Artie undoubtedly senses your stress and is aware of your work around HIS environment ;) and there has been a fair amount of upheaval around there lately with contractors doing things in and around your place. I wouldn't worry too much -- worry helps no one and only adds to both his and your stress. Just get yourself focused on getting through this important event that will help you and ultimately Artie as well -- when you feel better, he feels better! :thumbsup::winkcat:

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds like something different is about to happen. It’s probably nothing but the stress of the upcoming dental and him wanting to take care of you. That’s how Hariette gets when I’m sick. She forgoes everything to sit on me and keep me massaged!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie started perking up yesterday evening. He began nibbling on the food. It was good.. and he pooped again last night, and again this morning. I am happy with that.

He is eating good today...and it is fairly quiet in here. I am going to be home, so I can watch, and try to coincide his behavior with the noise level.. even though it is not the Jackhammer noise, there is still a lot of banging, and scraping. A lot of unexpected noise.

Perhaps he will be better, because I plan on being home.

First thing this morning, at 6AM, he wanted to play!!! OMGosh... and he was cuddling with me when the alarm went off. I fell back to sleep, but had to wake Artie up when I finally decided to get up....sweet boy...

It is a dark, semi-rainy day.. After eating breakfast, Artie decided to curl up on my unmade bed.. I had to make my bed, around him. Yup, he was right in the center of the bed!!!

He stayed there for hours... I went to Church, came home, gave him some med, and then gave him his sub-q's ~~~ all in the same position!!! He came down once to eat, and went back again to my bed....

I went out to do a few errands.. last minute things. I came home fully expecting him to still be on my bed, but no... He came down, ate a bit more, and then went into his quilt/tent.... He is still there.. I opened it up to say, 'Hi" to him.. he was so sleepy. I got a half closed look and a yawn.. not changing his position at all..

Artie did not want to get brushed today.. he must have had a very sick tummy, and was wiped out from it.. no meds today...

Speaking of the devil, he just came out of his tent.. Went to inspect the food, but did not like it.. oh well...

He is limping a lot... the weather is very damp and an expected Nor'Easter Rain storm for later today and all day tomorrow.. so he is hurting today.. poor baby. Wish I could give him something like humans take--a tylenol or advil... Ha.. no way..

He is pacing around.. now back to the food. Crazy cat!! He wanted me to cave in!! not crazy--smart as a fox...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! You guys are awesome!! yes, you are...:rock:

I am ready for this.. Somehow, the broken crown, broke some more yesterday and got sharper today.. It is cutting into my tongue.. I am ready for this to be fixed.
Glad I am not eating anything else, except some Activia Yogurt with the antibiotic, and a couple more chunks of pineapple, tonight.

Tomorrow morning, I am going to have a good, very early breakfast. I have one more slice of pizza left.. Yup, cold pizza, coffee, and a small container of Activia Yogurt with the antibiotic... and perhaps, if I can stomach it.. more pineapple.. I am so sick of pineapple.. yuck!!! Ready to dump it all out!! yuck.. the first quarter of a pineapple was good, then was a chore to swallow it...yuck!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie started perking up yesterday evening. He began nibbling on the food. It was good.. and he pooped again last night, and again this morning. I am happy with that.

He is eating good today...and it is fairly quiet in here. I am going to be home, so I can watch, and try to coincide his behavior with the noise level.. even though it is not the Jackhammer noise, there is still a lot of banging, and scraping. A lot of unexpected noise.

Perhaps he will be better, because I plan on being home.

First thing this morning, at 6AM, he wanted to play!!! OMGosh... and he was cuddling with me when the alarm went off. I fell back to sleep, but had to wake Artie up when I finally decided to get up....sweet boy...

It is a dark, semi-rainy day.. After eating breakfast, Artie decided to curl up on my unmade bed.. I had to make my bed, around him. Yup, he was right in the center of the bed!!!

He stayed there for hours... I went to Church, came home, gave him some med, and then gave him his sub-q's ~~~ all in the same position!!! He came down once to eat, and went back again to my bed....

I went out to do a few errands.. last minute things. I came home fully expecting him to still be on my bed, but no... He came down, ate a bit more, and then went into his quilt/tent.... He is still there.. I opened it up to say, 'Hi" to him.. he was so sleepy. I got a half closed look and a yawn.. not changing his position at all..

Artie did not want to get brushed today.. he must have had a very sick tummy, and was wiped out from it.. no meds today...

Speaking of the devil, he just came out of his tent.. Went to inspect the food, but did not like it.. oh well...

He is limping a lot... the weather is very damp and an expected Nor'Easter Rain storm for later today and all day tomorrow.. so he is hurting today.. poor baby. Wish I could give him something like humans take--a tylenol or advil... Ha.. no way..

He is pacing around.. now back to the food. Crazy cat!! He wanted me to cave in!! not crazy--smart as a fox...
Good man Artie! Hoping you both get some mutually warm cuddle time this afternoon/evening/night. That warmth will help him, no doubt. Best of luck for tomorrow! ;):lovecat2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sick of pineapple.. yuck!!! Ready to dump it all out!! yuck.. the first quarter of a pineapple was good, then was a chore to swallow it...yuck!!
Perhaps you can try eating it with some cottage cheese. Anything to help change the flavor.
I will be thinking of you and praying you don't have any residual pain or side effects after the dental surgery. Sending healing vibes and special thoughts your way. :vibes:Take good care of yourself and cuddle with Artie when you get home tomorrow. :hugs:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
thanks all.. I am ok.. Just about all set...

The rain/wind storm last night was perhaps the worst storm I have heard, since living in this building. It was fierce. I could hear so much of the balcony furniture being tossed around, with the wind. I do not have anything on my balcony, so ti was others. I also think the Roof Vent flaps were going nuts. I could hear them clanging with each gust. And the rain.. It was pretty incredible.

Artie was scared. He cuddled with me all night long. I only got a few periodic minutes of dozing because of all the noise.. The rain hitting the building/windows was really loud.

Lots of downed trees and wires in my city---many cars were demolished by them.
We did not lose power, but I think the lights were slightly flickering a bit, last night.

Thankfully the rain has pretty much stopped. The wind will continue today, but not at all like last night.
Artie ate really good yesterday and last night. Yesterday, I was up very early, so he got a good start with fresh food. He ate a ton: 1 1/3 cans of food and 1/4 cup of dry..He was a piggy.. and he did poop twice yesterday, a total of 11 inches.. and once this morning, upon awakening, only 3 inches ~~ that is because of all the dry food he ate on Friday/Saturday.

He also ate 1/3 of a can of food during the night.
Artie does this, once he gets cleaned out, he devours food to fill him up again, and then decreases his food intake. Or it could be a lingering factor of taking cypro for 2 days in a row.. but I do not think so...I think it is just an "Artie Habit"..

He ate about 1/4 can for breakfast.. and is now sleeping, in the middle of my bed.
The storm has broken, sun is coming up.. I can see some junk stuck to the balcony window..like tiny leaves or dirt..I am on the second floor, ~ yup, wind was that bad..
Wonder what is going on with NVet's secretary? I really like her. She kind of dropped off the face of the earth 10 days ago. She is excellent about leaving voice mail messages stating when she will return back to work, and when NVet will return. Her last message was strange: She said she would return to work Tuesday or possibly Wednesday. Her voice sounded strange.. Now there is NO VM message, it just jumps to a general receptionist.

I sent her the recent pictures of Artie, just before I heard the VM message.. She loves pictures and always replies. I got an automatic reply saying the same thing as the VM message. I e-mailed her last night, updating about Artie's vomiting and stuff. I did not not even get a "out of office" automatic response... I did call Angell and asked about her. I got the 'line' : She is taking some days off to do some 'Leaf Peeping" (Foliage viewing)...
Does not sound like her.. she is very responsible to her patients.. I have some bad vibes about this.. She is an asset to NVet's practice. and we bonded so much. We were able to brainstorm things which she would run by the NVet, before beginning them.
Hope she is ok.. I do not know how to find out if she is.....sigh...
Hate to bother NVet about this, but I really want to know...

I also want to be able to deal with Artie's issues, with the option of e-mail with a person whom I know, and knows Artie's history, as Jen does. She is committed.

Oh well, off to start my day.. and off to see the wizard! of Dentistry!!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We did not lose power, but I think the lights were slightly flickering a bit, last night.
It happened the same thing across Europe yesterday, some countries were badly hit by a violent storm, something that we hardly had before in this continent...

Artie ate really good yesterday and last night. Yesterday, I was up very early, so he got a good start with fresh food. He ate a ton: 1 1/3 cans of food and 1/4 cup of dry..He was a piggy.. and he did poop twice yesterday, a total of 11 inches.. and once this morning, upon awakening, only 3 inches ~~ that is because of all the dry food he ate on Friday/Saturday.
Very good, Artie! Keep on doing like this :)
I know that it won't be like this everyday, but it feels so good when our little furry friends eat like wolves, doen't it? ;)

She is taking some days off to do some 'Leaf Peeping" (Foliage viewing)...
Does not sound like her.. she is very responsible to her patients.. I have some bad vibes about this..
The only thing that comes to my mind is that she won a lottery and said goodbye to the rest of the world :lol:
At least, that's what I'd do if I won a rich lottery ;)

Artie, be good today!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks all.. I am ok.. Just about all set...

The rain/wind storm last night was perhaps the worst storm I have heard, since living in this building. It was fierce. I could hear so much of the balcony furniture being tossed around, with the wind. I do not have anything on my balcony, so ti was others. I also think the Roof Vent flaps were going nuts. I could hear them clanging with each gust. And the rain.. It was pretty incredible.

Artie was scared. He cuddled with me all night long. I only got a few periodic minutes of dozing because of all the noise.. The rain hitting the building/windows was really loud.

Thankfully the rain has pretty much stopped. The wind will continue today, but not at all like last night.

He also ate 1/3 of a can of food during the night.
Artie does this, once he gets cleaned out, he devours food to fill him up again, and then decreases his food intake. Or it could be a lingering factor of taking cypro for 2 days in a row.. but I do not think so...I think it is just an "Artie Habit"..

He ate about 1/4 can for breakfast.. and is now sleeping, in the middle of my bed.
The storm has broken, sun is coming up.. I can see some junk stuck to the balcony window..like tiny leaves or dirt..I am on the second floor, ~ yup, wind was that bad..
Wonder what is going on with NVet's secretary? I really like her. She kind of dropped off the face of the earth 10 days ago. She is excellent about leaving voice mail messages stating when she will return back to work, and when NVet will return. Her last message was strange: She said she would return to work Tuesday or possibly Wednesday. Her voice sounded strange.. Now there is NO VM message, it just jumps to a general receptionist.

I sent her the recent pictures of Artie, just before I heard the VM message.. She loves pictures and always replies. I got an automatic reply saying the same thing as the VM message. I e-mailed her last night, updating about Artie's vomiting and stuff. I did not not even get a "out of office" automatic response... I did call Angell and asked about her. I got the 'line' : She is taking some days off to do some 'Leaf Peeping" (Foliage viewing)...
Does not sound like her.. she is very responsible to her patients.. I have some bad vibes about this.. She is an asset to NVet's practice. and we bonded so much. We were able to brainstorm things which she would run by the NVet, before beginning them.
Hope she is ok.. I do not know how to find out if she is.....sigh...
Hate to bother NVet about this, but I really want to know...

I also want to be able to deal with Artie's issues, with the option of e-mail with a person whom I know, and knows Artie's history, as Jen does. She is committed.

*BEST wishes for your dental work!*
Artie is such a good little mancat! :lovecat: Hoping you'll both be able to cuddle a lot when you get home.

The storm sounds a lot like some we would have in the Mojave. I'd have to go all over our hectare searching for the patio furniture, rubbish bin lids, etc. and I'd find kids' pool stuff that blew onto our land. The people we bought from told me once that the roof blew off the 4-stall barn once, the wind was so fierce. Put sand with that, you've really got something. ;)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does not sound like her.. she is very responsible to her patients.. I have some bad vibes about this..
OK, I'll get her on the "candle list" at least until she turns up safe and sound.

I don't expect to see you today, but I was up and had your candle lit before you even posted here! HUGS, Darlin!

Status
Not open for further replies.