Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
some pudding and egg salad.
OK...that made me blink, as for a moment I was picturing "pudding and egg" salad, rather than "some pudding and some egg salad."

Another new one for the Artie Antics:
I was putting some food in the refrigerator. I had the door open.. next thing I know,
Artie was INSIDE the refrigerator!!!

I had to raise my voice to get him down; I had food in my hands..

OMG!! This Cat!!
He's feeling his oats. Personally, as maddening as it is, I'm thrilled that he feels up to getting into mischief!

All for one spoiled cat... man.. did I go overboard... Artie dominates my world!!
There is not one room in my apartment that isn't taken over by Hekitty's stuff. And it will be worse after Christmas! Good grief, I moved to this apartment over a year ago, and there is still one cardboard box full of newspaper that sits in a corner because Hekitty loves it. When we had our inspection, the manager mentions I should take it out, and I told her that it was a cat bed, and not going anywhere until I could buy a suitable replacement, probably at Christmas. She gave me a pass on it. ALL cats should be spoiled cats. I mean, that's what they're for, right? RIGHT?:paperbag:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OK...that made me blink, as for a moment I was picturing "pudding and egg" salad, rather than "some pudding and some egg salad.
My grammar is really bad.. sometimes my writing structure is also.. but you guys already
Knew that!! :lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Yup, I love the 'lived in houses"..... and why have a cat if you do not cater to their every whim??
After all, we are their slaves!! Oh, I mean Guardians~~ slip of the fingers!!:flail: :flail::flail:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not have many visitors..When I do, I get a bit embarrassed, and laugh it off..
and blush. I purchased 99% of this when I was working, and could afford it. I wanted Artie to be entertained while I was out of the house, as I was gone over 10 hours per day.

It is a large apartment also...it needed to be filled up, and feel 'lived' in... I am not into the 'perfect' home.. I like things, to be comfortable..and it suits us...
Glad you are feeling a bit better, and remember so well what you write of re: stitches and swelling and eating (or drinking). It won't last much longer. It seems like forever, but it isn't. Really, it's so amazing what the periodontists can do for people. A long time ago, people just had to struggle with whatever they had or didn't have; now, restoration can help so much!
Artie is being quite a character, isn't he? So cute! Never a dull moment with His Orangeness around! :lovecat2:

Our house is like that too, because *we live here!* Most of my friends also love cats and cats are family to them just like they are for me. The few people who come here who aren't cat people are not encouraged to stay long. Just like I'm not into a houseful of kids and don't tend to have friends who have this environment, if people do not understand our family, they are welcome to go elsewhere. I would never apologize for the way we live or who we love. ;)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
OK...that made me blink, as for a moment I was picturing "pudding and egg" salad, rather than "some pudding and some egg salad."

He's feeling his oats. Personally, as maddening as it is, I'm thrilled that he feels up to getting into mischief!

There is not one room in my apartment that isn't taken over by Hekitty's stuff. And it will be worse after Christmas! Good grief, I moved to this apartment over a year ago, and there is still one cardboard box full of newspaper that sits in a corner because Hekitty loves it. When we had our inspection, the manager mentions I should take it out, and I told her that it was a cat bed, and not going anywhere until I could buy a suitable replacement, probably at Christmas. She gave me a pass on it. ALL cats should be spoiled cats. I mean, that's what they're for, right? RIGHT?:paperbag:
Well that is what they have us brainwashed into beliving...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another new one for the Artie Antics:
I was putting some food in the refrigerator. I had the door open.. next thing I know,
Artie was INSIDE the refrigerator!!! OMG!! This Cat!!
LOL, if Artie was female I would say he's having a hot flash. :wink:

Glad your mouth is on the mend, i.e. slowly but surely. Have you tried some canned fruit, (not the kind in syrup), with small curd cottage cheese?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely I have both the cottage cheese and canned fruit in the refrigerator. I am doing ok with food. Not eating anything with a fork, and nothing hard or sharp. No bread yet.
Chewing is a bit difficult with the stitches and just staying on the one side of the jaw.
Pasta are the small varieties, and cooked soft ~ no al dente for me, yet...

I have been having yogurt with water for breakfast, a cup of tea with almond milk and a bit of honey in the afternoon (just warmed) and then a good sized early supper.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there is still one cardboard box full of newspaper that sits in a corner because Hekitty loves it. When we had our inspection, the manager mentions I should take it out, and I told her that it was a cat bed, and not going anywhere until I could buy a suitable replacement, probably at Christmas. She gave me a pass on it. ALL cats should be spoiled cats. I mean, that's what they're for, right? RIGHT?:paperbag:
This made me curious.
Why should a manager care about what you have in your home? And why should he inspect your home?

I mean, we have managers over here too, but I don't think we have such controls.
In Italy around 80% people own their own home, the remaining 20% live in rented houses. It can happen that the landlord of the rented houses makes a visit to their own property every now and then.
Those who live in apartments, owned or rented, have managers who take care of the issue of the building, expenses and so on. But they never get into homes to inspect them, unless there's something concerning the safety of the entire building and upon a call from those who live inside that apartment.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our house is like that too, because *we live here!* Most of my friends also love cats and cats are family to them just like they are for me. The few people who come here who aren't cat people are not encouraged to stay long. Just like I'm not into a houseful of kids and don't tend to have friends who have this environment, if people do not understand our family, they are welcome to go elsewhere. I would never apologize for the way we live or who we love. ;)
Wonderful!!! Exactly what I think :D

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have been having yogurt with water for breakfast, a cup of tea with almond milk and a bit of honey in the afternoon (just warmed) and then a good sized early supper.
It sounds like you have it under control and know how your mouth reacts to anything the least bit sharp or painful. :hugs: This brought back memories of my last gingivectomy. Ouch!!! Hugs and positive vibes being sent your way. :vibes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This made me curious.
Why should a manager care about what you have in your home? And why should he inspect your home?

I mean, we have managers over here too, but I don't think we have such controls.
In Italy around 80% people own their own home, the remaining 20% live in rented houses. It can happen that the landlord of the rented houses makes a visit to their own property every now and then.
Those who live in apartments, owned or rented, have managers who take care of the issue of the building, expenses and so on. But they never get into homes to inspect them, unless there's something concerning the safety of the entire building and upon a call from those who live inside that apartment.
Well, Italy is a more evolved and compassionate society than usa. Proof? I have heard Italy has no "kill 'shelters'". And as for privacy where you live, if you rent in usa, you can forget privacy as the landlord can enter the premises at any time, for any or no reason. They can and do also let contractors (plumbers, painters, etc.) into units unsupervised, and anything can happen as far as personal property. NOT a good place to live if you rent.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Italy is a more evolved and compassionate society than usa. Proof? I have heard Italy has no "kill 'shelters'". And as for privacy where you live, if you rent in usa, you can forget privacy as the landlord can enter the premises at any time, for any or no reason. They can and do also let contractors (plumbers, painters, etc.) into units unsupervised, and anything can happen as far as personal property. NOT a good place to live if you rent.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ,
what you say about landlord is appalling :eek:
Well, each country has good and bad sides. We could have privacy in our homes, but we can't defend ourselves if a burglar or a criminal breaks into our home. If we react against them and we cause any kind of injuries to them or, worse, we kill them, we are sent to jail. Self-defence is not allowed in our country. Crazy, isn't it?

As for the no kill shelters, yes, you're right. In no Italian shelter of any kind the suppression of an animal is allowed. All animals must be housed until they find a new home. Some of them aren't that lucky and spend their entire existence in a shelter. But no one is sentenced to death by human hands.
You might want to read this post of mine (or even the whole thread)
Caring For Feral Cats in Italy
on how feral and stray cats are looked after over here :)

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ,
what you say about landlord is appalling :eek:
Well, each country has good and bad sides. We could have privacy in our homes, but we can't defend ourselves if a burglar or a criminal breaks into our home. If we react against them and we cause any kind of injuries to them or, worse, we kill them, we are sent to jail. Self-defence is not allowed in our country. Crazy, isn't it?

As for the no kill shelters, yes, you're right. In no Italian shelter of any kind the suppression of an animal is allowed. All animals must be housed until they find a new home. Some of them aren't that lucky and spend their entire existence in a shelter. But no one is sentenced to death by human hands.
You might want to read this post of mine (or even the whole thread)
Caring For Feral Cats in Italy
on how feral and stray cats are looked after over here :)
Yes, you do have an evolved and compassionate society. Protecting, respecting and ensuring the basic wellbeing/safety of living beings, especially the most innocent, blameless, vulnerable and voiceless, should be #1 priority of any society. All citizens' taxes should go first and foremost for this purpose, in my humble opinion. It is truly the measure of a civilized society, as several have been credited with saying.
Members of the public need to be given humane eduation from the very first and up to the greatest level, because clergy and parents do not always do so.
Self-defense laws vary here from place to place. And yes, if a person kills another in defense of self, loved ones, or property, that person may be subject to imprisonment -- it depends on the place, the laws, the situation, and the outcome of any legal action.
I read your post with great interest. I work and pray for such a society to exist here, and in fact, globally. It is my life's passion and work. Every one of us should be involved in this. Every one of us can do something. This society is moving so far away from having any semblance of compassion and empathy. Every day it weighs on me. So I do what I can to counter that.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie is ok. He did a large vomit of food early this morning 15 minutes after I gave him his morning meds. I waited before feeding him. He ate a bit.

He ate while I was out today; not much, but he ate.

No stool today. Currently he is curled up on my lap. I am typing from my phone.

Woke up this morning to see Artie on my pillow. Sweet boy.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie is ok. He did a large vomit of food early this morning 15 minutes after I gave him his morning meds. I waited before feeding him. He ate a bit.

He ate while I was out today; not much, but he ate.

No stool today. Currently he is curled up on my lap. I am typing from my phone.

Woke up this morning to see Artie on my pillow. Sweet boy.
So it sounds like mutual comforting is in order! ;):lovecat2:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
No, there was not any poop action.

Alarm went off, Artie was on my pillow, on top of my head. I think he 'visits' around 4am..

He ended up not eating badly, yesterday.. just need the poop.. so far, refusing his breakfast.

He will be alone for a good portion of today. I have another doctor's appointment. This one is a longer drive.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will be alone for a good portion of today. I have another doctor's appointment. This one is a longer drive.
Who knows, possibly when he sees himself all alone in the house, Artie decides to eat and poop without too much pressure from her Mom :p
Best of luck for your appointment today!

Status
Not open for further replies.