Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all!! Artie is doing ok.. consistent. It had been a couple of very cloudy days. He spent a ton of time sleeping. He is eating and pooping ok.. no zoomies.. but that is fine.

He was upset that "his" room was shut off from him.. Yes, it was 3.5 days..
But, he survived. Artie did not want to be brushed on his other cat tree. He is one spoiled guy.

I finally got the issue taken care of.. What a ton of work on my side of the telephone and physically speaking with people. I am so glad that I had made contact, a few months ago with the construction foreman. Whew!!

On Monday morning, The arrogant, condescending Property manager just 'did not understand what I was saying"---- no matter how many times I tried to explain it to him.. Finally, he 'dismissed' me by saying that this was the construction foreman's issue to deal with.. I was furious....

I had to wait until the Monday Afternoon, before I got the super in here with a dehumidifier~~~ he was 'busy' during the morning.. BULL... I told my super and his wife to tell the foreman to come up to my apartment.

I had already seen and spoken to the foreman, when I threw out my trash, early Monday, so he was aware of my issue and the hoops I had to go through to get help.
He is an elderly, guff man--but does 'right' by the tenant.

He was furious that he had to do this, but really understood what I was going through.
He went on the balcony, found a crack in the motar (cement) between the bricks. He got some caulking on Tuesday and fixed it, looking at my entire balcony for any more cracks.

I thanked him. He said he "wanted me to get done what I deserved to have done."
I also felt confident in asking him if there was any mold present that he could see.. He looked and said no.. so I feel better... He also understood the hard time I was having in getting help.. I do not think he is a fan of the PM and the super.

Now, I have a dried out carpet. We shut the dehumidifier off, and it is still sitting in that room. The super has forgotten all about it.. I do not care.. I will keep it until he remembers.. (I can be forgetful)

Artie has his room back, although a bit rearranged.. He does not mind.
He begged me for a good brushing today....

picture taken a couple nights ago:
IMG_0956.JPG

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First, I am THRILLED that Artie is back in a GOOD cycle!

Now, I have a dried out carpet.
This is very good news, indeed. I'm so relieved that the foreman was decent and thorough!

He begged me for a good brushing today....
Then I KNOW he is feeling better!

picture taken a couple nights ago:
Oh, man. He just looks so much better than the first picture I ever saw of him. And everyone is right, he looks phenomenal on that red blankie!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Artie has a very soft coat. It comes from the daily brushings. For a cat who hated to be brushed, things turned out well... he loves to be brushed... only for a little bit of time, ~~~ it is on 'his' terms, but he loves it...

We are getting another torrential rainstorm with high winds, tomorrow. Fingers crossed, no water comes in.... I still have the dehumidifier ~~~ shushhhhh.

A picture from last night.

Artie was holding my hand.. He did it himself. He sometimes likes to hold hands...

IMG_0966.JPG

The 'red' throw, is actually a burnt orangey color.. I guess the red really comes out in my iPhone camera.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Artie has a very soft coat. It comes from the daily brushings. For a cat who hated to be brushed, things turned out well... he loves to be brushed... only for a little bit of time, ~~~ it is on 'his' terms, but he loves it...

We are getting another torrential rainstorm with high winds, tomorrow. Fingers crossed, no water comes in.... I still have the dehumidifier ~~~ shushhhhh.

A picture from last night.

Artie was holding my hand.. He did it himself. He sometimes likes to hold hands...

View attachment 205411

The 'red' throw, is actually a burnt orangey color.. I guess the red really comes out in my iPhone camera.
What a sweetie! :redheartpump: :redcat:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, thank you all. Yes, Artie is a special boy.. at least to me. He can be a brat, as in this afternoon when I tried to give him the lactulose.. Filled syringe with 3 cc. I think I got 2.5 into him, and lost another 0.5 with him drooling it out, 5 minutes later.. sigh

He will just have to get another dose, later today....

Last night, I went to bed; got all cozy. Artie waited until I was settled. He then decided to join me in bed. Not at the hip, not at the legs, not at the tummy, but on my Pillow!!
He had his body on the top of my head, pulling my hair!!!

I had to shimmy away to loosen up his grip on me. He stayed right where he was! Who knows how long he was there.

This morning, he tried waking me. He succeeded. He meows right in my ear! Then he tries to pull the covers down.. Then he got on top of my head again, on the pillow, proceeding to knead my head!! Ouch.. claws!! That got me up.. and fast!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This morning, he tried waking me. He succeeded. He meows right in my ear! Then he tries to pull the covers down.. Then he got on top of my head again, on the pillow, proceeding to knead my head!! Ouch.. claws!! That got me up.. and fast!
Sounds like Artie has you under his thumb! :thumbsup: He sure knows how to get his point across, doesn't he?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's such a comedian :lol:
In my opinion, when cats are so mischievous they feel fine ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, thank you all. Yes, Artie is a special boy.. at least to me. He can be a brat, as in this afternoon when I tried to give him the lactulose.. Filled syringe with 3 cc. I think I got 2.5 into him, and lost another 0.5 with him drooling it out, 5 minutes later.. sigh

He will just have to get another dose, later today....

Last night, I went to bed; got all cozy. Artie waited until I was settled. He then decided to join me in bed. Not at the hip, not at the legs, not at the tummy, but on my Pillow!!
He had his body on the top of my head, pulling my hair!!!

I had to shimmy away to loosen up his grip on me. He stayed right where he was! Who knows how long he was there.

*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW* such a precious pic! And yes, he does look like royalty with a very satiny coat, and his throw looks very lovely and plush.
Sounds like you have a lousy manager. I've experienced that phenomenon before and it isn't pleasant. Thankfully the foreman sounds like a person of some integrity. Glad you got the carpet dried out and the source of the moisture hopefully fixed. Stuff like that ruins more than my day.
I guess it's pretty common for cats to hate lactulose! You'd think they'd formulate it to be more palatable for them.
Your sleeping issues resonate with me. I am pretty expert at turning over in place so as not to disturb cats glued to my sides :cutecat::kneading::zzzcat: and then there is my Tarifa, who loves to try to get under the covers so she can chew on/eat my hair. As that is 3' long and coarse, it would NOT be good for her to eat. Try telling her that. :devilcat2:

Status
Not open for further replies.