Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hang in there and try to keep the big picture in mind. He ate a lot and pooped a lot the past day or two and it's not that late in the day yet. Even pooping every other day isn't the end of the world as long as he's overall doing better, which he definitely sounds like he is since he saw the vet and has been on the dry prescription food.
My dog with ibd rarely eats anything before 9pm at the earliest. And rarely poops before afternoon. Some days he poops once only a small poop and sometimes he poops 4 or 5 times in a day the size of a horse. Sometimes he barely eats one cup of dry food plus his large can, sometimes he scarfs down 2 or 3 cups of dry food plus the large can.
You can't panic or get upset about every up and down with a pet or loved one with chronic health issues or it'll drive you crazy and lead to you not caring for yourself and then your own health failing, and then who'll take care of little Artie?
Trust me I've had so many pets with serious chronic issues, plus my mom had terminal cancer for 3 years plus my work is a helping profession. Obviously keep caring for Artie but don't obsess over every minute and I mean that in a helpful supportive way, not at all in any kind of negative or judgmental way.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh fast things can change.. Artie is not having a good day.. I guess yesterday, spoiled me.. It seems he has one great day, and the next one is bad...sigh

Since I woke up this morning, Artie has only had 1/16 cup of food; and that was during our "game"... no poop, and only using the box once, to pee.. sigh..

Artie is curled up on his quilt..fingers crossed....He does not look all that great..sigh
Well, the day is young yet, and we can get spoiled by those great "ups" only to hit a "down" here and there. As long as he's eating SOMETHING, I'd count that as an "up". Patience...:winkcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, drat and darn. But perhaps tomorrow will be another good day! Candle is lit, fingers are crossed.

Has anyone ever told you your cat is bizarre? *raspberry sherbet!*
Only those who have met her or know about her, and I tell myself that on a daily basis.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I was wondering about the weather, also... but he was great yesterday..

No food yet..sigh...just vegging on the quilt.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh fast things can change.. Artie is not having a good day.. I guess yesterday, spoiled me.. It seems he has one great day, and the next one is bad...sigh

Since I woke up this morning, Artie has only had 1/16 cup of food; and that was during our "game"... no poop, and only using the box once, to pee.. sigh..

Artie is curled up on his quilt..fingers crossed....He does not look all that great..sigh
Yeah, I was wondering about the weather, also... but he was great yesterday..

No food yet..sigh...just vegging on the quilt.
:hugs: Hang in there, Cindy. It's day to day with Artie, and worrying about it just stresses you out, which Artie most certainly is aware of.

Margret

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hang in there, Cindy. It's day to day with Artie, and worrying about it just stresses you out, which Artie most certainly is aware of.
Ditto! :yeah:

Since yesterday was a good day and today not so good that means tomorrow will be upbeat again, right?
Maybe Artie is looking forward to the weekend like the rest of us. :wink: You two take care of yourselves and have a peaceful night filled with sweet dreams. :cloud9: Thinking of you.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning, Artie's Army! :salute:

Artie began eating, a tiny bit, last night, around 7pm. I did not make a big deal of it. I just let him go, at his own speed. As far as his not being interactive; I just kept going over to him, petting him, and telling him that I love him.

He ate about 3/8 of a cup of food.

He was on my lap while I was watching TV.

Again, just before bed, Artie pooped 7 inches!! thick stuff. He waits until I am getting ready for bed!! :wink:

Last night, he came into the kitchen, as I was getting his food for the night. He came up to me, gave me his little grumpy mewofh..(his poopy voice)... then left. I went over to see where he went. He was waiting for me outside his bathroom doorway. As soon as he saw me, he went into his litter box, and started digging... and pooped.. He seems to always have a piece stuck.. it does not all fall off.. I have to wipe it off, or it falls off when he jumps out of the box.

Man, have we trained each other! :lol:

Artie woke me up this morning; actually, I was up. I did not sleep well. I am holding off on getting a new mattress..sigh

He came over, meowed in my ear, and waited for me to get up.

I noticed that I forgot to shut the cover to the toilet..sigh.. I think Artie was drinking out of it...:bawling2:

He did vomit a bit of foam when I got up... no pee in the box.. that is really strange. not much pee yesterday..:confused2::confused2::confused2: still giving him 100 cc sub-q's daily..

No food today.. as of yet...:cringe::cringe::cringe::cringe::cringe::cringe:

LTS3 LTS3 I am apprehensive to give him Forti-flora. It has chicken in it. I do not not want to overdue it with chicken, because of his allergy to it.. If I remember correctly, it states meat by-products or such... who knows what that really means...

I do have an appetite stimulant for him. I use it quite often. I am not using it now, because I do not want him to get accustomed to it, or to get into the serotonin syndrome. He is very sensitive to even Cyproheptadine. It makes him a bit crazed, after 5 continuous doses.

NVet told me to give him one dose, daily, as needed. I am going to see how today goes.
:sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

Right now, I have the windows, and the balcony door open. Artie is sunning himself. sweet baby.

IMG_0872.JPG

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.. in the past, I have tried, bonita flakes, parm cheese, crushed up freeze dried raw...he turns his nose up at all of them..

I never heard of the Advita. I will have to look them up. Thanks for the links...

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Artie, Buzz here. I'm not fussy about eating either but if I don't my human ( who is a member of your army by the way) will nag, nag, nag, you get the picture, so save yourself the hassle and eat and don't forget to poop. I loooove making a mess in the litter tray for her. Be well Artie
20170613_072846.jpg

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
As I was walking into the kitchen to wash the morning dishes, Artie came in. He looked at me... I could read his mind.. call it telepathy.. He wanted to play our "Game"... so I complied... it is a way of getting food into him.

Artie ate about 1/8 of a cup of food that way; hunt and catch...
spoiled cat..

He is now in his tent with the AC on. I took him outside on the balcony in order to cut his nails.

Ordered another bag of food for him, from my own Vet. It is easier than going into Boston. I will pick it up either today or tomorrow. I have to go up that way, both days.. may just go for an ice cream also...

another of Artie from this morning..taken immediately after the other one. He was walking away...
IMG_0873.JPG

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Artie, Buzz here. I'm not fussy about eating either but if I don't my human ( who is a member of your army by the way) will nag, nag, nag, you get the picture, so save yourself the hassle and eat and don't forget to poop. I loooove making a mess in the litter tray for her. Be well ArtieView attachment 189194
Buzz, you are absolutely Handsome.. so striking..Are you in any way related to Artie?? like a cousin????

Status
Not open for further replies.