Advice On My Pregnant Kitty!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They eat all day long lol, Sassy really doesn't leave them much.. and only for. Couple mins if she does. She enjoys their company I think.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
#1 155g
#2 153g
#3 144g
#4 143g
#5 124g
Is it okay if the 5th kitten is much smaller? He's gaining the approximate amount each day. But still much tinier than the other fatties haha.

hakim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His the runt out of the litter so just make sure u keep a good eye on him.
Maybe do mixture of both let the mum feed him and u can start putting him on kitten formula.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! Will you name them? Keep those photos coming & keep up the good work mama (and you!).

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittens and Mama are doing great, they are getting fatter every day! They are the cutest little fluff balls. I love them so much. They are a week old now!
I'm super excited. All my babies have a home. We are keeping two. My friend from work, My Mother in law and my sister in law are each taking one. I couldn't be happier (: All kittens will be fixed once they are weaned(Along with mama) and before heading to their homes except my Mother in law is paying for her kitten.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today my fluffbutts are 11 days old. All but one have their eyes open, surprisingly it's not even the runt. haha. They are gaining like crazy, just as fat as can be. I haven't gotten a chance to weigh them yesterday or today cause my scale battery died, will be picking up batteries in the morning when I head to town(I live almost 40 mins away to the local grocery store) But i'm assuming their are perfectly fine not being weighed for just 2 days, they are gaining more than recommended each day. Mama is doing great, she refused wet food a few days after birth, hates it. So she eats dry all day long, and I give her goats milk 3 times a day. She loves her babies so much, she's very protective yet trusting at the same time. She has no problems with my handling/holding/petting her babies. She's very trusting of my two children, who were only just allowed to pet them the other day. Mama didn't mind at all. I think it's good to have a little interaction, I want mama and babies comfortable in their family.
Also, i'm thinking about moving them into a bigger box? Their eyes are open and they keep almost crawling out the other, would a bigger box be okay?
QUESTIONS:
1.) When can I tell the gender, I seem to be having a hard time? Lol (All but one look like girls to me?)
2.) When can I bathe them? I noticed a flea on one of the babies, we live in the country and i'm surrounded by a Forrest, they get tracked in somehow every now and then i've noticed. Even before I had pets.
3.) Their first vet visit is on the 15th(3 weeks old, soonest apt I could get in my small town) Any questions I should be asking vet?
4.) Can the kittens be dewormed while still nursing(at 6 weeks)?
5.) What's the best age they should be "fixed" at?

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! Will you name them? Keep those photos coming & keep up the good work mama (and you!).
I like to name them once they have personalities. Haha. I may or may not name them all. We are only keeping 2. I don't want to get too attached. They are all so precious. I do know 1 definite kitten we are keeping for sure. Not sure on the 2nd. I love them all so much <3 will be adding photos tonight!

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today my fluffbutts are 11 days old. All but one have their eyes open, surprisingly it's not even the runt. haha. They are gaining like crazy, just as fat as can be. I haven't gotten a chance to weigh them yesterday or today cause my scale battery died, will be picking up batteries in the morning when I head to town(I live almost 40 mins away to the local grocery store) But i'm assuming their are perfectly fine not being weighed for just 2 days, they are gaining more than recommended each day. Mama is doing great, she refused wet food a few days after birth, hates it. So she eats dry all day long, and I give her goats milk 3 times a day. She loves her babies so much, she's very protective yet trusting at the same time. She has no problems with my handling/holding/petting her babies. She's very trusting of my two children, who were only just allowed to pet them the other day. Mama didn't mind at all. I think it's good to have a little interaction, I want mama and babies comfortable in their family.
Also, i'm thinking about moving them into a bigger box? Their eyes are open and they keep almost crawling out the other, would a bigger box be okay?
QUESTIONS:
1.) When can I tell the gender, I seem to be having a hard time? Lol (All but one look like girls to me?)
2.) When can I bathe them? I noticed a flea on one of the babies, we live in the country and i'm surrounded by a Forrest, they get tracked in somehow every now and then i've noticed. Even before I had pets.
3.) Their first vet visit is on the 15th(3 weeks old, soonest apt I could get in my small town) Any questions I should be asking vet?
4.) Can the kittens be dewormed while still nursing(at 6 weeks)?
5.) What's the best age they should be "fixed" at?
So sweet! One easy way to tell is the distance between the butt and the gentials! If you happen to see two little bumps close to the butthole or a larger space, it is a male. If you happen to see a small teardrop or l shape, closer to the genitals, it is a female! Here are some photos of males and females!
Amoras litter is 15 days old today, so hopefully these photos will be close!
Female-
52F1606C-95E3-44E1-AB7E-838D5EE10267.jpeg
Male-
6D5C39B0-17C9-42CD-9153-8AB42158D468.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens can be wormed while nursing; so can mom.

Kittens should be spayed and neutered by 12 weeks, but can be fixed as early as 8 weeks or 2 pounds. They should also stay with mom for 12 weeks.

Do not bathe them. Use a flea comb. Put a tube of Advantage II on the back of mom’s neck for now. It will kill fleas on the kittens too, and they can have their own Advantage at 5 weeks.

A bigger box sounds wonderful. It’s normal for kittens to want to explore outside their nest after they are 3 weeks old. They need to explore in one room at first. Make sure that it is kitten-proofed.

It can be hard to tell gender when they are tiny. It gets easier as they grow. The vet can help you with differentiating.

They do not need to see the vet until they get wormed and first vaccines at 8 weeks, unless you feel it necessary.

Name them, love them, enjoy them! :)

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittens can be wormed while nursing; so can mom.

Kittens should be spayed and neutered by 12 weeks, but can be fixed as early as 8 weeks or 2 pounds. They should also stay with mom for 12 weeks.

Do not bathe them. Use a flea comb. Put a tube of Advantage II on the back of mom’s neck for now. It will kill fleas on the kittens too, and they can have their own Advantage at 5 weeks.

A bigger box sounds wonderful. It’s normal for kittens to want to explore outside their nest after they are 3 weeks old. They need to explore in one room at first. Make sure that it is kitten-proofed.

It can be hard to tell gender when they are tiny. It gets easier as they grow. The vet can help you with differentiating.

They do not need to see the vet until they get wormed and first vaccines at 8 weeks, unless you feel it necessary.

Name them, love them, enjoy them! :)
:yeah:

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay I checked again, I am pretty sure I have 4 girls and 1 boy like I originally thought.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I named them all BTW.
The two grey girls are Stormie and Ember.
The grey boy is Periwinkle(Perry for short)
The classic tabby(one of the two I'm keeping) Pebbles
And the tabby with orange blotches is Honey.