Advice On My Pregnant Kitty!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great! Sassy is an amazing mama. She hasn't left those babies side since they were born. She did in fact have a 5th. And i weighed all kittens except #5 who is obviously the runt because mama was still working on it before I took a nap

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How funny! This sounds exactly like amoras labor :spew:. She had two grey tabbies first, I thought one with a dilute calico, then the black and white, then two other tabbies, and her 6th one she had 2 hours later after the final one. She was a calbie:)

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I weighed the kittens about and hr after each was born so they could be cleaned and latch!
Kitten #1 110g
Kitten #2 106g
Kitten #3 97g
Kitten #4 100g
Kitten #5 (I have not weighed this one yet. It was born about 7hrs ago and I needed sleep. And that one was having troubles nursing at first so that was my focus) About to weigh the 5th kitten in a few mins.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great! Sassy is an amazing mama. She hasn't left those babies side since they were born. She did in fact have a 5th. And i weighed all kittens except #5 who is obviously the runt because mama was still working on it before I took a nap
Happy she’s such an amazing mama! All grey tabbies and the black? Or other colors as well? Can’t wait for them to grow!

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have 3 grey tabbies, and i guess 2 "calbies" if that's what they're called haha. The last born has more orange than the other.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The 3 grey look mostly grey but their paws and belly are grey tabby for sure.
The 3rd baby born was more a regular tabby to me with a touch of orange, like barely. And the 5th baby is black tabby looking like the other but has more orange splashes. lol

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The 3 grey look mostly grey but their paws and belly are grey tabby for sure.
The 3rd baby born was more a regular tabby to me with a touch of orange, like barely. And the 5th baby is black tabby looking like the other but has more orange splashes. lol
So cute! Can’t wait for photos! Is her energy still up or is she resting for awhile now?

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's resting alot, but she got up and came in my room out of the bathroom and ate. She ate some dry food, some wet, and a bowl of goats milk. Now she's nursing kittens in her box.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You’re lucky! Amoras runt was only 73 grams at birth. Now he’s about 120 and all the others are nearing 300 :(. I supplement sometimes as much as I can.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You’re lucky! Amoras runt was only 73 grams at birth. Now he’s about 120 and all the others are nearing 300 :(. I supplement sometimes as much as I can.
Yea, i'm honestly surprised. I was really nervous since #4 & 5 took so long. The 5th born was barelymoving at first, way slower than the others and couldn't latch. It took me and hr to latch it. I thought I was gonna have to supplement.. but they're doing great.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea, i'm honestly surprised. I was really nervous since #4 & 5 took so long. The 5th born was barelymoving at first, way slower than the others and couldn't latch. It took me and hr to latch it. I thought I was gonna have to supplement.. but they're doing great.
Oh she also didn't cut the cord with the last one, so I had to do it. And I tossed 1 placenta as well.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Birth weight to 24hrs later!
#1 weighed 110g after birth and 122g today (+12g)
#2 weighed 106g after birth and 114g today(+8g)
#3 weighed 97g after birth and 105g today (+8g)
#4 weighed 100g after birth and 109g today (+9g)

Kitten #5 (It's only been 17hrs from first weigh in) 93g after birth and 98g today(+5g in 17hrs)

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
okay, so I didn't weigh the kittens late last night because I want to start weighing them in the mornings. So I weighed them this morning instead.. and man are those babies gettting fat <3
They are 2 days old
#1 - 139g (Birth weight 110g)
#2 - 131g (Birth weight 106g)
#3 - 123g (Birth weight 97g)
#4 - 123g (Birth weight 100g)
#5 - 113g (Birth weight 93g)

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitten #1 was born almost at midnight on thursday(Going into Friday).. so that means he's gained 29g in 2.5 days just about haha