Adult Cat
Purraise
I also think casper might actually be a girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know for sure about Bubbles and Sparkle that they are males, but i don't know about Sugar and Casper

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What are you feeding them?

When you say they are eating on their own, are they eating from a dish?

Continue to keep their eyes cleaned. If it does not clear they will need an antibiotic ointment.

Thank you for saving them! :)

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg
What are you feeding them?

When you say they are eating on their own, are they eating from a dish?

Continue to keep their eyes cleaned. If it does not clear they will need an antibiotic ointment.

Thank you for saving them! :)
Yes, they are eating wet kitten food from a dish, i also mixed some kitten formula with their food so they get a little more hydrated.
When i brought them home i first gave them some kitten formula in a bottle, and they loved it, they don't need it really, the vet told me they are big enough to eat solid food, but i thought it wouldn't hurt them either.
The vet also gave me some eyedrops, one eyedrop in each eye twice a day, but i am also cleaning their eyes with warm water:)

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've taken a closer look and Casper is a girl!!
Any name suggestions for her?

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of the things i was mostly afraid of...diarrhea
One of them has diarrhea but i don't know which one, it wasn't very bad, just very very soft, and they also poop quite a lot, does anyone have any advice?

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine had some diarrhea while transitioning from liquid to solid foods. Short lived. Worms can be another issue. They've also been under a lot of stress.
If they eat a lot they'll poop a lot. Does the poo stay formed or is it more liquid.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine had some diarrhea while transitioning from liquid to solid foods. Short lived. Worms can be another issue. They've also been under a lot of stress.
If they eat a lot they'll poop a lot. Does the poo stay formed or is it more liquid.
Not liquid, more like a pudding texture, i honestly don't know how to describe it, and as i was expecting, Casper is the one that has diarrhea, i will take a picture of it next time she poops;
I went to like 20 pharmacies for some oral rehydration solution, seems like pedialyte isn't in any pharmacy in my country, i could only find flavoured ones that i impulsively bought even though i probably can't give to the kittens, i also argued with some of the pharmacists that were extremely rude and they STARTED LAUGHING and making fun of the fact that i use it for treating kittens.. Sometimes i just hate how ignorant people are..

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Not liquid, more like a pudding texture, i honestly don't know how to describe it, and as i was expecting, Casper is the one that has diarrhea, i will take a picture of it next time she poops;
I went to like 20 pharmacies for some oral rehydration solution, seems like pedialyte isn't in any pharmacy in my country, i could only find flavoured ones that i impulsively bought even though i probably can't give to the kittens, i also argued with some of the pharmacists that were extremely rude and they STARTED LAUGHING and making fun of the fact that i use it for treating kittens.. Sometimes i just hate how ignorant people are..
I believe you can find a recipe for pedialyte online. Don't be discouraged there a places in my country that would laugh over what we spent to save one mother cat and her two kits. Right is right no matter where you are or the prevailing attitude.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten Primer the recipe here is under Check for dehydration. I would only use nursery water of water I had boiled first. You should probably do a search for homemade kitten pedialyte and make sure the recipes are consistent.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg
Also, from all the things i got this has very similar ingredients with pedialyte, the only problem would be the apple, what do you think? It is all natural apple juice added, no colorants or other flavors, would it be fine?

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I wouldn't unless it was life or death in the middle of the night.
There are lots of angels here.