Abandoned Kittens - Sick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my god i didn't know that was even possible, but i am thinking, all my cats loved hanging out in this room( before isolating the kittens here), so if there was something in this room causing them stress, they wouldn't choose to sleep here right?
Also bubbles has a very healthy looking poop so i don't think that is the problem

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I could plug it back up and see it the diarrhea returns, but, I will not do that to the kittens. After 4 weeks, and this was the thing that worked, I will just believe that's what is was.

Edit: Btw, it was one of those ultrasonic pest controllers, so I know it makes a sound. Just didn't think about it since it was basically part of the decor.
Pest controllers drive me nuts can't imagine how bad it would be for a cat or dog.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kittens are in an animal playpen so they have no choice. I let them out often for supervised play, but until they are big enough to not get under the stove, or in between the fridge and wall, this is where they are. If yours can get away from sounds, they should be good.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have any pest controllers in my house because i heard it might be harmful to cats

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
est controllers drive me nuts can't imagine how bad it would be for a cat or dog.
I live in the middle of nowhere and we have a lot of pests, which are more dangerous to my pets than the controller is. It has never bothered the animals before because they can walk away from the immediate sound. The kittens couldn't.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in the middle of nowhere and we have a lot of pests, which are more dangerous to my pets than the controller is. It has never bothered the animals before because they can walk away from the immediate sound. The kittens couldn't.
Totally understandable!
I was so close to getting a pest controller when some huge bugs entered my house. A big problem with these bugs is they don't die immediatly after ingesting poison, and cats will probably hunt and eat them, and get poisoned.
I can't imagine how terrible having more kinds of pests is.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
We get mice and rats and voles. Also a lot of wasps/hornets and spiders and ants here. Cats kill the rodents though. Hector took down a massive rat almost her size once. Never seen a cat do that! But we're talking about the same cat that brought home a raven.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg
Look who's getting cozy in my arms!! Bubbles:)!
My grandma gave me this old fur she had, and it is absolutely perfect for kittens.
This eye infection is so upseting though, i just cleaned his eyes and nose 30 mins ago and look what's in there.. poor babies, can't wait to see them healthy

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a chance they may have flareups their entire lives herpes virus never fully goes away. My Indy is a carrier and her eye is always a bit weepy she is fine otherwise Kabby caught it from her but he has no symptoms anymore.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The eyes look infected. Are you able to get terramycin for their eyes? It's sold at tractor supply stores.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I had 4 weeks of diarrhea that could not be explained. Tried everything. Different food, eliminating one food at a time, everything. Diarrhea would not clear up. They had been wormed, amoxicillan, Albon. Then I remembered an electronic device plugged in the wall not 1' from where they were kept. I unplugged it and within a day 1/2 poop was solid and has been since. Put them back on all the food they were getting before and still solid poops. It obviously was giving a sound that I could not hear, but they could and giving them just enough stress to cause the diarrhea.
I think that is interesting and worthy of exploration we tend to see all of the buzzing around us as benign. You had a Taos Hum or the brown noise from South Park.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The eyes look infected. Are you able to get terramycin for their eyes? It's sold at tractor supply stores.
I know they are infected, i know from the day i found them because their eyes had huge bumps of pus and i am not only cleaning with warm water, but also giving them their treatment that the vet gave me. He gave me gentamicin. Monday i am going to the vet with one of my cats and i will ask them if i do need anything else, i don't think there is any place where i could find terramycin but since they are getting gentamicin that is an antibiotic i think it's fine.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyway their eyes look so much better and the infection is slowly going away.
The first day their eyes would get full of pus immediatly after cleaning and they were not able to open them, but now it's been a whole night and i see no eyes stuck closed!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I could plug it back up and see it the diarrhea returns, but, I will not do that to the kittens. After 4 weeks, and this was the thing that worked, I will just believe that's what is was.

Edit: Btw, it was one of those ultrasonic pest controllers, so I know it makes a sound. Just didn't think about it since it was basically part of the decor.
I could never find consistent advice on how house pets react to the noise.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I iloveallcats

The medicine you are using is good! It sounds like the eyes are already getting better! As bad as they were, it will take a few days but sounds like they will be fine. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just checking in. I was gone yesterday, and it looks like we have some slow, steady progress with the gooey eyes! YES!

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953
Oh yes! Their eyes are getting so so much better!
And guess who purred for me today: Bubbles! The hissy kitten :) he is best friends with Sugar and as soon as he saw Sugar purring in my arms he came too!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953
Oh yes! Their eyes are getting so so much better!
And guess who purred for me today: Bubbles! The hissy kitten :) he is best friends with Sugar and as soon as he saw Sugar purring in my arms he came too!
It is amazing how a little care changes everything. Yes they mimic each other.