Abandoned Kittens - Sick

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found some kittens. Very very bad eye infection, they were starving, they were found in a box and there was no mom so they were obv anandoned. i took them in today and i am starting their infection treatment, i am so happy i could help them

image.jpeg
This is Sugar (he was the cleanest of them all!!)
image.jpeg
this is Bubbles ( he had huge bumps of pus on both his eyes he couldn't even open them)
image.jpeg
this is Sparkle(his eye looks weird in the pic but hIm and Sugar had the cleanest eyes actually)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
and the littlest, baby Casper!! He also had his eyes full of pus, when i cleaned his eyes pus was litteraly exploding out of his eyes, as i said he is the smallest and there is also a little problem, he does not want to eat :( i managed to give him some kitten formula and then some kitten formula mixed with kitten food, but he really didn't want to eat, and his brothers went crazy when they saw the food!!

I will keep u guys updated!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's great you are helping these new kittens. I hope the eye thing clears up fully.
Keep an eye on them, they look very dehydrated. Make sure you syringe pedialyte into them.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Will he drink formula from a bottle?

Love the markings on the first one. Never seen a chinchilla coat before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's great you are helping these new kittens. I hope the eye thing clears up fully.
Keep an eye on them, they look very dehydrated. Make sure you syringe pedialyte into them.
Thank you so much for the advice :)
If anyone has any other advice please tell me!!

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One more problem.. My cats are extremely territorial it seems, i keep the kittens in another room so they wouldn't spread the infection and my super loving cats hissed me for the first time ever (i had a bath before touching my cat though)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep the kittens safe in the other room. Your cats will get used to the smell of the kittens and eventually get over it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was moved because the kittens are sick, and different folks are watching different forums. I believe the thought was that this venue would get responses from more of the kitten expert people. Or that's my guess.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the advice :)
If anyone has any other advice please tell me!!
There are several youtube on how to force feed a kitten who will not eat. I rolled up a towel on a counter, Sat eye level put the front feet on the towel and took her by the scruff and proceeded to cheek the formula in one drop at a time. A method on Youtube shows a kit in a bathroom sink with the paws held over the edge and scruffed being fed. Usually they get the idea fairly quick and you won't need to do this. He should also be put down where siblings are eating. Never lay the baby on it's back and try and feed them it can choke. Once he feels better he'll probably keep up with his siblings. Make sure they're eliminating on their own you might try stimulating him before anything else.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
You have to be really careful if you force feed it's easy to get fluid into their lungs. You could ask your vet to show you how to do it properly you may also have to swaddle the kitten if they don't sit still.
Note the one drop at a time. You can also try rubbing the karo syrup on the gums to perk him up a bit. Remember to burp after feeding and include cuddle/grooming time.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyone, i cannot thank you enough, your advice is so so so helpful!!!!
I am very careful with Casper, he is extremely vulnerable right now and he needs all the help i can give him.. He is the sweetest kitten ever, he slept in my arms the whole day between feeding :) and he purred a lot also
The others are getting better and better, they are already running around my room, Casper is the only one that isn't playing, he is a bit lethargic..when i took them i went to a big petshop where they also have a vet, and i asked him what i need for the kittens, he did not tell me of some of the things you guys told me about, and it is like 1 am in my country so no chance i can buy it right now, but tomorrow morning i will go straight to the pharmacy.
I am not that unexperienced, i had a lot of rescued kittens, even orphaned newborns, but i never had such sick kittens and i need all the advice possible
Thank you again everyone!! I am not the only one who saved the kittens, you are saving too:)

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How the heck could anyone put that litter of kittens down and walk away.
I know right.. I was planning to get 1 or two kittens because i have a lot of cats and i also live with my parents and of course it wasn't easy convincing them let me take a whole litter of kittens.. But now they love them, so thanks god for giving me animal loving parents!
Back to how i took all of them.. When i got there and saw how small and sick they all are, i couldn't just take one and leave the others die, i think i spent an hour in that place just to get rid of all that pus.. i do not understand how people can just " get rid" of such innocent and vulnerable souls...

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I know right.. I was planning to get 1 or two kittens because i have a lot of cats and i also live with my parents and of course it wasn't easy convincing them let me take a whole litter of kittens.. But now they love them, so thanks god for giving me animal loving parents!
Back to how i took all of them.. When i got there and saw how small and sick they all are, i couldn't just take one and leave the others die, i think i spent an hour in that place just to get rid of all that pus.. i do not understand how people can just " get rid" of such innocent and vulnerable souls...
They are a desirable color with beautiful markings so if you do put them up for adoption you should have quite a few people interested.
Don't let yourself get overwhelmed and remember always that no matter what happens you did not create the problem. You are just doing the best you can.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone, i cannot thank you enough, your advice is so so so helpful!!!!
I am very careful with Casper, he is extremely vulnerable right now and he needs all the help i can give him.. He is the sweetest kitten ever, he slept in my arms the whole day between feeding :) and he purred a lot also
The others are getting better and better, they are already running around my room, Casper is the only one that isn't playing, he is a bit lethargic..when i took them i went to a big petshop where they also have a vet, and i asked him what i need for the kittens, he did not tell me of some of the things you guys told me about, and it is like 1 am in my country so no chance i can buy it right now, but tomorrow morning i will go straight to the pharmacy.
I am not that unexperienced, i had a lot of rescued kittens, even orphaned newborns, but i never had such sick kittens and i need all the advice possible
Thank you again everyone!! I am not the only one who saved the kittens, you are saving too:)
Remember to nurture them. Sometimes we get so busy with the mechanical needs of feeding and cleaning and hovering we forget how necessary skin to skin contact is for these little creatures. By holding Casper you are giving him very important medicine.