A Tortie's Tail...er...Tale

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH MY YES! The pictures...well, some are older, some newer, but all Hekitty. She will be 10 years old on April 1 of this year! YEP...my girl is gonna be the Big 1-0!

IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0004a.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
OOPS! That one needs rotating!

IMG_0007.JPG

She loves that "stringy" in the first pic. It lives on the daybed next to my computer, so I can just reach over and play with her any time. BUT...I MUST SAY "OH, fierce of heart, OH, swift of paw!" EVERY SINGLE TIME she catches it, or she pouts! As you can see, she's a bit of a furry soccer ball. I'm trying to get weight off of her, and really cutting back on treats, but today she went trotting through the house singing, "With a nick-nack, paddy-whack, give the cat a treat, or she'll throw Mama in the street!" Since she is fully capable and willing to do so, I caved in and gave her a shrimp Temptation. Peace reigns again!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the pics. I just love her. She's not fat, she's just huggable and squishable. Wow, 10 years old. My cats are gonna be 4 years old June 1st. Well that's the birthday I gave them. I don't really know exactly since I got them from the woods. Where did you get Hekitty? Have you had her since birth?

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She was part of an "OOPS" litter...a friend was taking her cat to the vet to be spayed, the cat managed to get out of the carrier in the yard, disappeared, and came home three weeks later, pregnant. I drove to her house and picked Hekitty out when she was about 10 hours old. Her entire little body wasn't even the size of her head now!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As you can see, she's a bit of a furry soccer ball. I'm trying to get weight off of her, and really cutting back on treats, but today she went trotting through the house singing, "With a nick-nack, paddy-whack, give the cat a treat, or she'll throw Mama in the street!" Since she is fully capable and willing to do so, I caved in and gave her a shrimp Temptation. Peace reigns again!
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - Bob says, "get that poor little kitty a sandwich!"

bobaround.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, I have the exact same litter box! Is it the Jumbo/Giant one? How did we get on the subject of cat butts anyway? :eek2:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was a suggestion for a birthday present for Her Royal Cattiness. And I hate to think about the reaction. It would be like getting a girlfriend a new mop and bucket for her birthday, I think. No, I have two kinda biggish sisal balls with jinglies inside, and feathers, and her "Nunkie Jo" in Scotland sent her a Grumpy Cat catnip head, which I'm sure will be a huge hit. Her Aunty Suzanne has an actual catnip plant that she's been growing at her apartment. NEXT year, I shall be saving pennies to get her a new cat tree. Hers is getting raggedy, and it's a bit too small.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, no, it wasn't a suggestion, but a remark from earlier...LOL, when it comes to cats, we tend to follow every conversational goat path in the state...um...country...um...world.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a suggestion for a birthday present for Her Royal Cattiness. And I hate to think about the reaction. It would be like getting a girlfriend a new mop and bucket for her birthday, I think. No, I have two kinda biggish sisal balls with jinglies inside, and feathers, and her "Nunkie Jo" in Scotland sent her a Grumpy Cat catnip head, which I'm sure will be a huge hit. Her Aunty Suzanne has an actual catnip plant that she's been growing at her apartment. NEXT year, I shall be saving pennies to get her a new cat tree. Hers is getting raggedy, and it's a bit too small.
What a wonderful bunch of presents! Make sure to post lots of photos!

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
No, no, it wasn't a suggestion, but a remark from earlier...LOL, when it comes to cats, we tend to follow every conversational goat path in the state...um...country...um...world.
I just couldn't resist responding to @kittens mom suggestion. I've had these great pics and no place to post them til now.