What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 7pm it got below freezing again, just few degrees above freezing during the day, really nice weather as sun has been shining, which is quite rare here.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only 50F here this morning. It's 60F now. For my daily walk I wore tights, a hat, and a small scarf for the first time since last spring.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's 34 degrees F here right now. We had our first frost overnight. :nod:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Below freezing during the night and around freezing during the day, dense fog has been hovering over the ground more than 24 hours. Might be ice at the morning.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
BRRR! just thinking of those kinds of temps makes me want to get a hot toddy and crawl into bed with my down comforters. Bright sunshine at 2 p.m., temp ca, 73, going down into the 50s at night, good sleeping weather with the comforter pulled up to my nose and a warm kitty cuddled up against my belly.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 days ago we got bit of snow during the day, it was on ground and on trees for some hours, but did melt away for next morning, so not yet official first snow. Temps still similar, around freezing and below freezing, with lots of fog, like if clouds would be hitting the ground, which makes weather feel bit colder than it really is.

It is interesting to see if we get snow this month or not, there is a chance that it might be on this month, but weather is funny one, you never know before what will really happen.

Even kitty that has never really been very interested of sleeping on bed has started to try it now and as weather is not very warm while grass and ground wet, most of time kitties seem to stay on yard or even spend time indoors, they will spend more time outdoors when snow comes and temps go really low.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
had frost this week. my petunias are still alive. yesterday was 70. spent time in the woods with Honeybee. Took a ton of photos of leaves. Going to do the same tonight after work. I know if I don't then a month from now I will complain it's too cold to wander around the woods. The sun was out this morning-haven't been out yet. Supposed to get some 80 degree days in a bit. This is very unusual. I took the AC out of my window. its getting dark earlier. The cats are in by 6pm now. They don't like the early sun setting.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The official temp in Boston is at 70 degrees... I do not believe it. it is much cooler where I am, on the coast; also cloudy and windy..

It was chilly this morning ~~ allergies were really bad. There is so much goldenrod in bloom. I have never seen as much as I am seeing this year..

The temp is forecasted to be in the 70's later this week.. crazy weather....

I am in the apartment with a sweat shirt, leggings, socks and had a thin throw over me for a bit..I was cold...

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been 36 degrees for almost 2 days now, day and night, wet fog hovering over everything, no wind, no chance in weather at night or day.

One of the cats has taken habit of cuddling in bed from evenings to very early mornings (like 3am), first he kneads with lot of purring and head bumps a lot, after that few hours of sleep, then needing to be left out to run and claw like crazy, I guess he likes warmth but only in moderation :D

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
     Yay, finally.  We've had 1-1/4" so far.  
Please send some of that rain a little farther south, we need it here and have only a 30% chance of it for tomorrow and then the temps are supposed to be in the 90s again, come on, this is crazy, even SoCal is supposed to be in the 60s by now.

Sorry, but we're keeping all we can get!  

I know, it is crazy.  The rain will be over by tomorrow, and then they're saying we're going to get temps here in the high 80s by the end of next week.  Just bizarre.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please send some of that rain a little farther south, we need it here and have only a 30% chance of it for tomorrow and then the temps are supposed to be in the 90s again, come on, this is crazy, even SoCal is supposed to be in the 60s by now.
We get 10 or 20% chance of rain and it can be considered as 100% certain that there will be rain or air so wet that water is dripping from everywhere.

You don't need to find out where your rains have gone, it is all here and maybe some at Japan too.

Just last week there was news about Finnish study where they found out that strong solar wind is reason why winters have been mild in Scandinavia. Solar wind affects to wind patterns in atmosphere and we get more rain and less cold as it is more cloudy, maybe your dry times are from same reason?

According to news article, things should be back to 'normal' by 2020 again, so you might get few years of drought, but it depends from the sun, it has not been acting way it has been acting for quite a while, what was thought as reliable forecasting of sun's next thing did not work during last quiet period and it is uncertain if things happen as predicted for next quiet period.

I might get firewood dry again at 2020, it has been impossible now, all my heating, cooking and hot water is by wood heating, so wet years are not so fun, but at least winters are not very bad, I guess it was only about -25(F) degrees last winter, so according to study I should prepare to -40 in few years, must chop a lot of wood :D

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
It started to rain around 1:30 a.m. and it is still raining at 10 a.m., not really hard, just a little more than drizzle but that is good as it will give the ground a chance to soak it up instead of it just running down to the ocean. Still, the forecast is for clear sky for the next few days and temps climbing from 65 today to 90 by Wednesday. 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just gave up and turned the air conditioning on.  It's 83 and the middle of October in Ohio.  I am in a second floor apartment so the heat builds more than if it was a first floor apartment.  It's a benefit in the winter though.  It's supposed to be like this tomorrow also.  Then it's supposed to be in the 70's and rain for two days.  After that it goes into the 50's and 60's which is more seasonable for this time of year in Ohio.

Last edited:

marrin713

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's 75 deg at 10.30 here in Chicago. And it's so very windy I think we're going to wake up in Oz tomorrow.

rubythecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The weather where I live is always cold (below zero or slightly above zero) and snowy during winter and spring, and during fall and summer, WAY TOO HOT (usually around 90-100)

Status
Not open for further replies.