What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats are not and they are so much better at hunting than I am, lynxes probably have eaten all those small deer creatures as I'm not seeing any.

Temp has been bit below 50 with some quite heavy raining now and then, not the best weather for outdoor stuff, but it seems this year is going to be one of the most wet for century or something, at least locally it has been record amount of rain and temps have been quite low, but there has been more populated places where weather has been quite different.

When weather is very moist, like the air oozing moisture and making everything wet even it does not rain, it can feel rather cold even temperature would not bee very low, balaclava and multiple layers of clothing helps a lot to that of course.
Oh yes. I understand all too well about humidity in the air- except with us, it's normally accompanied by heat and lots of it. It's downright sultry out there. This is our rainy season and will be for awhile so we are used to good amounts of rain almost daily. We're still in the upper 80's. 

I've seen shows filmed in Finland and it looks so beautiful. I'd love to visit- just not in the winter. Winter and I are not friends. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes. I understand all too well about humidity in the air- except with us, it's normally accompanied by heat and lots of it. It's downright sultry out there. This is our rainy season and will be for awhile so we are used to good amounts of rain almost daily. We're still in the upper 80's. 

I've seen shows filmed in Finland and it looks so beautiful. I'd love to visit- just not in the winter. Winter and I are not friends. :cold:
You should try one of those northern safaris they arrange every winter, many have fallen in love with winter, it is all about gear and on those safaris they put enough gear on you that you will not feel the cold much at all.

Good winter gear can cost more than 1000 dollars and quite easily, but some of safaris will include rent of such gear and it makes world of difference at winter.

I can't afford such expensive gear though, so colder it gets, more I have to move :)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You should try one of those northern safaris they arrange every winter, many have fallen in love with winter, it is all about gear and on those safaris they put enough gear on you that you will not feel the cold much at all.

Good winter gear can cost more than 1000 dollars and quite easily, but some of safaris will include rent of such gear and it makes world of difference at winter.

I can't afford such expensive gear though, so colder it gets, more I have to move
Oh no. I will never fall in love with winter. I have been though winters in New York and Colorado. I have the cold, I hate snow and the only place that ice belongs in my life is in a cold beverage. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was a little cold last night even with all the windows closed
My comforter is one of the ones from a bed-in-a-bag set so it's not all that warm. And the cats don't help all with keeping me warm. I just broke out the down comforter and have it on the bed on top of the other comforter. The cats love the additional softness and comfort
Way too early to turn the heat on. A co-worker mentioned that she turned her heat on the other day because it was just too cold

Days are warm-ish in the 60s. It gets do wn to about 40 at night. I wish it was as warm as it was two weeks ago. We have a few cloudy maybe rainy days ahead before the sun is back.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's down to 61 F here today. Summer has left! Must get out winter clothes on Monday, but will try not to break out the goosedown quilts for 2 more weeks.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's 62 here and has rained most of the day.  It's supposed to be the same again tomorrow.  After tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 70's and sunny until at least the latter part of next week.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Compared to how things are down South, I have no complaints. :(

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Certainly no complaints here either (although we could certainly use some of the rain you're all getting in the south right now). It's a wee bit on the cool side and I probably could have used a sweatshirt on my lunch walks the last two days. But we're fine overall. About 50 degrees right now....good sleeping weather.

Our local weather weenie was talking about a frost advisory for the next week through the northern tier of Pennsylvania (that's not us).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frost this morning! I don't know if it was hard enough to nip the flowers but certainly enough to have to scrape the windshield. I think it'll be frosty tomorrow morning too then back to highs in the 70s. High of 55 today, but it's nice and sunny so that's just fine.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday morning it was 19 degrees, that is quite well below freezing. Weather has been absolutely wonderful, clear sky during the day, sun is of course so low that it is barely getting above trees but it gives nice golden color light whole day instead of that natural white.

I took this pic around sunrise:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
So pretty! 

I've seen frost where we live maybe once in a decade. It can happen during extreme days on extreme winters. Today is just another boring warm day. Rain and some degree of cold don't start until December. Until then, a teeshirt is what you'd expect to be wearing in the coastal areas of Israel. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up to sunshine.. now it is cloudy... about an hour ago, I saw fog rolling in....crazy weather...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So glad I'm a vegetarian.
Ditto, me too!  Dog sitting for my daughter in the northeast, 60's and humid right now.  But back home in the midwest, hubby told me it was 39 this morning.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So nice yesterday - mid 70s and lots of sun
Today not quite as nice
It started of somewhat cloudy and foggy but the sun eventually broke through but it didn't get very warm.

tomcat60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The saying here in St. Louis, Mo is "If you don't like the weather, stick around". One day it may be 60 degrees and the next day it's 80.

danielleherd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in Scotland and the weather here is getting colder the sun still shines but the breeze is chilly dreading winter I hate being cold, its 22:08pm right now and I have my heating on[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Status
Not open for further replies.