What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about the Little Ice Age of the 1600s or so? How can you say it was much warmer then?
And before that Vikings were farming Greenland, which got it's name because it was so green when approached from sea. When looking history you can find out how weather changing from warm to cold has played a big role in Europe. It was a lot warmer 2000 years ago and previous warm period between cold periods of current ice age cycles was also clearly warmer than current one.

All I know, it has been warmer, it has been colder, it will be warmer and it will be colder, they know at least 5 million years of warm and cold, yet that does not make headlines, it would not sell as it shows everything in context and it does not look enough bad to sell.

I'm not saying that we haven't caused something and also I'm not saying that we should not find better ways do things, all I'm saying is that headlines are bit untrue, it is really true that it is not warmest ever.

That cartoon seem to be yet again one of those that is not really showing truth, but more of trying to create proper wanted image, one can find some truth only by reading all the studies, matter is hugely complex and quite bit unrelated to subject of "warmest ever", but still rather interesting in a way how wildly twisted our world actually is, but that also does not really belong to this subject.

All I can say that during last 24 hours temperature on my yard has increased over 800%, which would provide quite interesting looking skyrocketing graph, if I would include only few of mornings :D

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That cartoon seem to be yet again one of those that is not really showing truth, but more of trying to create proper wanted image, one can find some truth only by reading all the studies
The guy who does that cartoon has a degree in physics and is a real science geek, so he probably did read all the studies. . .you could email him to find his sources and methods, if you want :D.

Right now it's 71 and overcast, was raining/thundering earlier. Supposed to be a high of 85 today. That's pretty hot for late September, and we've been getting a lot of rain. The farmers are starting to get anxious because harvest needs to be cool and dry; if it doesn't dry up soon the crops will mold in the fields. Can't harvest if it's too muddy for the tractors, plus it would cost too much to dry the crops when they're this wet anyway. Hopefully it dries up soon!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A cold front is rushing through this morning. I had had all the windows open during the night and awakened abruptly around 2:00 when the wind slammed the computer room door shut. It sounded like rain, so I jumped out of bed and shut all the windows. But no rain. 

It's about 61 right now, with a high of 73 forecast for today. Going to be downright chilly tonight with a low of about 43 F. We'll have to shut the windows if it's cools down that much.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had our first day of fall temps today, a high of 67.  It's supposed to be in the high 60's and low 70's the rest of the week.  It's been cloudy all day with rain off and on today, sunny tomorrow and then four days of rainy weather.  I am just glad the summer heat is gone.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
No fall temps here. It was 92F here today! That's hot for the Central CA coast. It so rarely gets anywhere near 'hot' here, we don't have a single fan in the house, and no AC of course. Hubby brought up his big industrial fan from the basement workshop to move some air around. It's helping but is so loud, it sounds like we're in an airplane hangar. :lol3:

It's only been like this since Friday and fortunately should start cooling down again tomorrow.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No fall temps here. It was 92F here today! That's hot for the Central CA coast. It so rarely gets anywhere near 'hot' here, we don't have a single fan in the house, and no AC of course. Hubby brought up his big industrial fan from the basement workshop to move some air around. It's helping but is so loud, it sounds like we're in an airplane hangar.

It's only been like this since Friday and fortunately should start cooling down again tomorrow.
I feel your pain.  It's 98F here and no AC.  The breeze began around 3:30 but still HOT.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Below freezing, about 10C below what was forecast, perfect roe deer hunting weather at the morning. Not luck this time though, but at least bow got some fresh air.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
After a low of the mid-40s, we're right around the mid-50s now. Our high is to be around 74 or so, so that's not bad at all. We had a wee bit of rain last night, but nothing much overall.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't kill the deer. :argh:
Some people need the meat :dk:.

It's very nice today, around 70. Mornings are cool, around 50. I'm still wearing shorts and sandals. . .I hate to give them up before it snows :lol3:. But I will put on a sweatshirt :D.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
it is 55 degrees right now, cloudy and windy all day.. It is cold. I wore a heavy sweatshirt and jeans when I went out. 

I am having soup for supper.. I am cold..

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is 55 degrees right now, cloudy and windy all day.. It is cold. I wore a heavy sweatshirt and jeans when I went out. 

I am having soup for supper.. I am cold..
Haha, yeah, it's funny how the weather can make the temperature feel cold or not so cold. . .if it's cloudy and damp, 55 is cold. . .if it's sunny and dry, 55 is pretty nice. . .

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Haha, yeah, it's funny how the weather can make the temperature feel cold or not so cold. . .if it's cloudy and damp, 55 is cold. . .if it's sunny and dry, 55 is pretty nice. . .
55 is downright arctic in these parts. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad I'm a vegetarian.
Cats are not and they are so much better at hunting than I am, lynxes probably have eaten all those small deer creatures as I'm not seeing any.

Temp has been bit below 50 with some quite heavy raining now and then, not the best weather for outdoor stuff, but it seems this year is going to be one of the most wet for century or something, at least locally it has been record amount of rain and temps have been quite low, but there has been more populated places where weather has been quite different.

When weather is very moist, like the air oozing moisture and making everything wet even it does not rain, it can feel rather cold even temperature would not bee very low, balaclava and multiple layers of clothing helps a lot to that of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.