What's the Weather and Temperature like where you live ? - 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I believe that the "Weather Guessers " goofed up their predictions as too the projected amounts.
:yeah: Same here. I listened to the weather report last night. They were predicting 6-8" in our area and 10" just to the N and W of us. When I woke up this morning it was 34F and the snow is only sticking to the grass, i.e. snow showers. However, we're supposed to get more snow this afternoon so we'll see.

I am more worried about the 4 days of arctic cold coming. HIGHS zero! better bring in extra firewood,
I agree. :agree: Forecast is zero for the high and -7F (-21C) for the low. Thank you for setting up cat huts and trying to keep the outdoor kitties warm.:coldcat:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is raining to the extent that my doctor's office called to inform me they are closing due to the weather. My friend says 1,600 people are without power, himself included. They predicted flooding on the news not so far away. I live on a hill, so I am not worried about that happening to us, but I am nervous with all the thunder. We don't usually get thunderstorms at this time of year.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was raining when I went out earlier but snowing now. It looks so pretty with the rooftops & trees covered & snowflakes falling.❄

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The storm started this afternoon, with most of the snow to fall overnight...not looking forward to tomorrow morning trying to get to work. My drive home this evening was terrible! Thankfully, my first client of the morning cancelled so I have more time to get there...and possibly dig out depending on if the plows go by overnight. Our by-laws state that plows have 24 hours after a storm event finishes to start plowing residential/side streets, so that they can maintain the main arteries and highways, so there is a chance that I won't have a giant pile at the end of my driveway...but that also means that driving those streets with over a foot of snow won't be pleasant.
I usually drive our van and hubby drives a small car, so we are thinking that he will drop me off at work with the van in the morning and then take it to work. And because I'm technically walking distance from work (I'm lazy...don't judge! :lol:...and it's good walk not just 5 minutes... ) I'm going to walk home when I'm done work (we don't finish at the same time)...It just seems like it would be safer to walk then try to drive, and safer for my husband to take the van. By the end of my work day, the plows should have gone by on the side streets...or at least started to...and our neighborhood seems to always be one of the firsts to get done.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3.34 inches of rain at about 10:30 p.m. Yes, the basement is flooded. Himself put on muck boots and opened the sliding door at grade. Bottom of his jeans got somewhat damp.

Put cardboard and plastic on the lower landing (8 steps up) and set the litter pan on it, after carrying it up from the foot of the stairs to get it out of the water. It's actually a storage tub because Mr Poe is sometimes a stand up pisser.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was a terrible thunderstorm. I heard that some people were killed one county over, but I don't know. It was scary.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty mild now, 4C. And wetter - The snowstorm was quite something the other day though! Lots of snow, freezing rain, then rain.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
33F now, heavy wet snow overnight but the plows were out and on top of it. But the temps for next week keep going down, high of 0 on Monday but -24 w/windchill.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today it's 43 and so far no drama like yesterday.
Yesterday it rained off and on all day, then around 5:30 we got the deluge and wind. The nearby airport recorded a wind gust of 69 mph. It rattled our windows inthe kitchen, Austin went to investigate. There were tornado warnings popping up here and there, but we were spared that (we just had the watch). I did clean out our downstairs closet just in case. Not that if one popped up I'd be likely to get the cats gathered up and in there in time anyway. I couldn't see out back (too dark) to see if the creek was overflowing. I just looked out and I can see debris in my neighbor's yard, so it did. But not too much. It's not real close to the house, so it's not an issue.
Other areas of the east coast got it way worse than we did, so I feel blessed.
My sister in PA had rain, snow, wind. Her power has been out since around noon yesterday (it's 8 AM now). (Oops, no sooner said that then she texted me it was back on).

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was 5 inch snow day. This morning is 25F, with a chance of a afternoon snow.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The torrential rain from last night stopped. It is warm, 56 degrees!! The sun is shining!! It feels like Spring.. but the temp is going to drastically drop during the day. We are getting another storm on Saturday--- again, rain/snow... sigh..

This reminds me of 2015, when we had our snowiest winter... and storms every 3 days.. I am getting so stocked up with stuff. I have not place to put them.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was 5 inch snow day. This morning is 25F, with a chance of a afternoon snow.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold today with the wind chill, but the plows were out in full force last night and driving conditions were alright....for winter....still have to drive safe.
Things are supposed to be calm for the next couple of days, however they are saying that we will be hit with another storm Friday night into Saturday. Another 15-20cm Friday and possibly another 10cm Saturday. At least it's the weekend...and I got nothing planned!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chilly outside as its 18F with a windchill of 11F. The dusting of snow last night didn't help the warmth Either.

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Central Illinois — talks about a winter storm tomorrow into Saturday but it’s mainly gonna snow then turn into rain then snow again but all day its gonna be above freezing at least until late fri night then goes into super freezing temps. Monday its gonna be 2 degrees with -22 windchill!! Thats insane! At least I will be off that day! Just worried for baby the next day because I walk into her daycare not really far but idk how to dress her for extreme weather 😭

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Currently 34F, heavy wet snow overnight into this morning with 12.2" of snow predicted and 45 mph wind gusts. Power lines down and power outages in some areas, over 1,000 cancellations at airport this morning and some trains have been halted. Good day to catch up and stay indoors with extra coffee. ☕

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just worried for baby the next day because I walk into her daycare not really far but idk how to dress her for extreme weather 😭
Make sure she's wearing a hat because babies can lose 1/3 of their body heat through their head. Put mittens on hands and warm socks or booties on her feet. Layer her clothing and loosely cover her mouth with a soft blanket until she gets inside daycare so she doesn't breathe in the cold air. Good luck! 🤗

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
18F and Blowing Snow. The local weather guessers said that this storm is the "Storm of the Decade".

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else in a major deep freeze right now? Where I am, it's -36°C/-33°F. I do like real winter weather, but this is a bit much. :cold: