What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chilly but at least the sun is shining... supposed to drop into the 20s tonight, so I'll have to cover my fruit trees. I think the lemon tree already died, it doesn't look so good... but the orange & tangelo trees are still hanging tough. I'll be happy if just one tree survives, as citrus trees can be a challenge to grow at this elevation (3600'). Any tree which dies will be replaced next spring with an apple, pear or peach tree, those seem to do better at this elevation but I wanted to try citrus trees first, since we had citrus trees down on the coast and I like having fresh orange juice and lemonade in warmer months. This is a tricky area for tree growers, there are huge saguaro cacti and palm trees in my neighborhood, go figure, but getting young fruit trees started can be difficult... I'm above the San Pedro Valley too, so hypothetically it *should* be easier for me, as cold air tends to settle into valleys like this one, and I'm warmer up here in the lee of the hill (on the military crest). I can actually feel a slight difference in temperatures when I go to work... I can be in shirt sleeves up here at my house, but I'll throw on a jacket once I arrive on the course, because it'll still be rather chilly down there. :coldcat:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's currently 34*F and snowy and rainy. My knees are hurting so that means it's going to storm soon. I checked the weather forecast and we should be getting 3 to 6 inches of snow in the next day or so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
18 degrees when I got up this morning. Freezing rain later, then rain all day tomorrow, then ending with snow on Tuesday morning.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Day three of nearly continuous snow. Not like blizzard snow, just non stop light snow. Worst is that it has been right at freezing so some slush and some melting but today and tomorrow it drops down so that instead of slush we have frozen concrete. If you don’t clear it you end up driving on ice until spring. Snowblower the drive twice yesterday and will hit it again this morning.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold and windy again, as usual. Tomorrow it will be in the 60s. This weather is driving e nuts. Stay one temperature so I know what to wear.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ice in the birdbath this morning... not frozen solid, just a thin layer, so I don't think it was as cold as the forecast predicted. Clear and sunny now, birds are steadily hitting the feeders and the cats are watching the birds. Tiger keeps trying to stalk birds... he blends in pretty well with the plants below the feeders, but the birds are sharp-eyed this morning and they're keeping tabs on Tiger. 🐦

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently (at 4:00 PM) it's 62 degrees and the sun has come out. It was raining all day yesterday and part of the day today.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful and sunny, although cold here today. I thought I could finally get some shopping done but after I slid halfway through my first intersection I decided waiting another day for the roads to clear would be a good idea.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Finished the cleanup this morning. About 10 inches of snow and 13 degrees this morning. Theo is sleeping beside my pillow every night now.
IMG_0349.png

Status
Not open for further replies.