What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weather Alert: Mother Nature just got the memo that it's Winter. So all the snow she saved up is now being dumped out.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Non-stop rain here and some roads south of city have been closed due to flooding. :storm: The temps warmed up to 50F which helped melt the snow but temps back down to the 30's tomorrow.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't hate me. It's been in the upper 70s and low 80s the last few days. That trend is supposed to continue for at least the next ten days, although there's supposed to be at least some rain every day, along with wind. We have a 100% chance of rain today and I hear thunder right now. Still, even at this hour, it's 72. These temperatures are just fine with me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday broke a record for warmth. Today is supposed to be even warmer:
at least 70 degrees!!

Tomorrow, it is Back to Winter ~~ Brrrrrrr Snow and Ice!!!

Crazy, crazy weather!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's glorious here today, upper 50's with sun. Too bad it won't stick around, we haven't seen the last of winter.:cold:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now it's a high wind advisory. 30mph with 50mph gusts. Once that settles, we have a winter storm advisory. 2-6 inches predicted. I wish my son could just stay home from class, but his psychology mid term is this week.:nervous:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we're forecast to get snow again, tonight through friday night -- up to 10 inches total. :sigh: it's currently 36 degrees F here. it's not forecast to get very cold during the nights, and the days are to be a little above freezing, so i'm thinking that much of the snow should melt on contact with the ground. in any event, i'll let the snow accumulate (and hopefully melt) until the next day i'll need to move more firewood, and then remove it as needed.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad it's over there, not here Brian007 Brian007 ;) Meanwhile, here in my part of the "Great White North", it's mostly snowless, except for a snowbanks in parking lots, etc. And now I've probably jinxed myself. :biggrin:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
We are getting a good old fashioned New England Nor"Easter!! however, not much snow.. mostly torrential rain, hurricane winds, gusts will be unbelievable.

This is beginning tonight, continuing all day Friday, ending on Saturday..

"Batten down the Hatches!!! Theres a storm, a-brewing!"""

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're currently under a high wind warning, and the cats are freaking out. This is going to be a long night :ohwell:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
The storm is Here!! man, are the winds bad ~~ rain, not so much, at this point.
The wind is coming through the building.. heat is up a couple of degrees.. just in case.

I live on a peninsula, river on one side, beach on the other. I am right in the thicker area of land. I keep getting recorded telephone warning from Emergency Management about voluntary evacuations over the next 36 hours.... at least 3 high tides. The first one is after 11 am, this morning...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we're getting snow and high gusty winds here, part of the same Nor'easter. it's hard to tell how much snow has accumulated, as it's getting blown around pretty much continually. i'd guess about 2-3 inches so far. no school buses running, and very few vehicles moving around here. it's limited visibility, with the snow blowing around.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The storm is Here!! man, are the winds bad ~~ rain, not so much, at this point.
Wind is awful and the rain is torrential! My yard is already flooded and roads are getting flooded around here and people are losing power. :(

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes, you guys, stay safe! It really looks like a bad one. They say the floodwaters in Boston will surge over 15 feet 3 times in the next 24 hours, and before now that's only happened twice in the last 100 years, and one of those was in January!

It's supposed to rain/ice/snow here on Monday, but with the bomb cyclone out East it seems kind of silly to worry about that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.