What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those too frightened to look at their local radar map, the storm, now compressed, narrowed and having slowed its westward movement considerably, now spans more than 1250 miles, from just west of Buffalo NY to well beyond Halifax NS:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's raining now. The weather person on one of the radio news station admitted that the amount of snow that has fallen so far is no where near what many were predicting
About 10 inches fell where I am, about half as much in the city. Temperatures are dropping overnight which means all ice everywhere tomorrow morning. I'm debating whether to attempt to climb over snowbanks taller than I am and slide down ice covered streeets (since few sidewalks would have been shoveled) to get to the bus stop tomorrow or take a Lyft ride.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

It's raining now. The weather person on one of the radio news station admitted that the amount of snow that has fallen so far is no where near what many were predicting
About 10 inches fell where I am, about half as much in the city. Temperatures are dropping overnight which means all ice everywhere tomorrow morning. I'm debating whether to attempt to climb over snowbanks taller than I am and slide down ice covered streeets (since few sidewalks would have been shoveled) to get to the bus stop tomorrow or take a Lyft ride.
Yes, it is raining. I do not think we got as much snow either. I have not gone out to the other areas of the building to see the main street and the river area, but on the ocean side (where I am), there seems to be about 5 inches or so. 

The rain is going to be freezing to a sheet of ice. 

If I were you, I would not attempt to crawl over snowdrifts, piles. It will be icy and you can really hurt yourself. 

Do you have a pair of ice spikes? Those are awesome. You attach them to the bottom of your shoes, boots, and they really do help get a grip on ice. 

I would call for a ride.. 

be careful tomorrow. 

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do what I've always done - flip a coin.  If it lands on edge, go to work, otherwise, stay home.

tiptopper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have about 15 inches of snow and it is still coming down. Very windy enough to rattle the house.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Do what I've always done - flip a coin.  If it lands on edge, go to work, otherwise, stay home.

I can't stay home and working from home is not an option for my job. It's just two of us now managing two facilities and doing everything. There's just a lot of stuff going on at work right now

It's still raining. The snow removal crew has been out all day clearing snow. Hopefully they'll get to salting and sanding by morning.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A friend of mine lives in Upstate New York. She posted a picture of her fiancee standing in the snow and it was up to the top of his leg. They measured 3' 2"!!  I don't think they had any previous snow on the ground; but I could be wrong. 

It makes me REALLY grateful the snow missed us.  It's still very windy.  I think I'm noticing it more with everyone else in bed and the house quiet. 

@Swamplady  It's nice to know there is good weather SOMEWHERE! 

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
The forecast was accurate for us. We got 18inches of snow. The winds were whipping and horrible. I think they lost power at work. This morning was frigid 19? I don't remember..the wind was bone chilling cold and just YUCKY. The roads were cleared with still some slush and stuff left..nothing unusual..it was fine. Most people didn't drive like morons. It was an uneventful commute this morning. I could have stayed home-town called off school-but 1 day home is ENOUGH for me.

And I don't know why all those errors in my posts from yesterday=was using my tablet and don't know why it kept changing words I typed. I have to turn off autocorrect...dumb thing.

Last edited:

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The forecast was accurate for us. We got 18inches of snow. The winds were whipping and horrible. I think they lost power at work. This morning was frigid 19? I don't remember..the wind was bone chilling cold and just YUCKY. The roads were cleared with still some slush and stuff left..nothing unusual..it was fine. Most people didn't drive like morons. It was an uneventful commute this morning. I could have stayed home-town called off school-but 1 day home is ENOUGH for me.

And I don't know why all those errors in my posts from yesterday=was using my tablet and don't know why it kept changing words I typed. I have to turn off autocorrect...dumb thing.
NYC & Metro Area, forecast today:  SLOPPY MESS

Due to the wind creating drifts my area got much more than they said, we have snow piles waist deep.

Sun just came out and is pretty strong, you can feel Spring is just waiting to Spring. LOL so I'm hoping that all this ice will melt.

It was very dangerous this morning.  And most neighbors are still digging out of the ice 3 hours and counting.

Fingers crossed the sun stays out for a long while. 

I saw your area on the news, wow, it really packed a punch.  I hope you and the wee ones are doing well.  Stay safe!!! xoxo

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a bit on the cooler side here. 48.5 degrees F. Partly cloudy. Expected high of 63. I have a sweater on. 

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a gorgeous morning here in western New York.  Cold, with a deep grey overcast, snowing lightly, with 21 inches currently having fallen and a few inches more predicted before the storm and the thirty mile an hour winds subside around eight o'clock this evening.  There are no kitchen knives nor red hot lava falling from the sky, and the yard isn't overrun with rabid skunks, so things could always be worse !

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently 28 degrees here. We got about a foot of snow, I would guesstimate. Heard on the news just now that parts of VT got 3 feet of snow & it's still coming down. Our power lines are underground so no power loss. Many other folks in CT not so lucky. Had to run out to Quest Lab early this a.m. for a blood draw & that walk was nerve-racking. When I left the house later for my daily walk it was okay. Bright, not that cold, & no wind. Totally needed ice trax though on my sneakers.

Most annoying thing: the numpties who, year after year, do not shovel their sidewalks (corner houses are the worst), which forces me into the road. Or folks who do their sidewalk, but do not think of shoveling a kerb cut. So when I reach the end of the sidewalk there is a 4 foot wall of snow to climb over!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
currently 33 degrees F, sunny, and gusty winds still. the snow finally finished! i've shoveled the driveway 4 times in three days...ugghhh! there are now a lot of really high piles of snow around my little hamlet, which the neighborhood kids are enjoying playing on.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
23 F and the wind has died down....finally. That wind was horrible.

We are to get another inch or so tonight, followed by a wintry mix tomorrow morning and then it turns into all-rain sometime in the afternoon. Rick is not amused because he has to work OT tomorrow. He'll take Hannah to work as she's AWD, but still. Bad enough he has to work OT; to have to drive in the mess makes it even worse.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been really cold here lately.  Doesn't the weather know it's almost spring?  For the last few mornings it's been in the low 30's here and right now it's 35 degrees!  Very atypical for us, and March madness just started yesterday!  I recall back in Feb of 1974 watching the ACC final with State and Maryland while nursing a sunburn.  It got up to the 70's that day and I got a sunburn from laying out in the sun in the middle of winter!  

Anyway, if it weren't for the fact that we sometimes get those arctic blasts, I don't think we'd ever get snow here.  

Status
Not open for further replies.