What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Chicago broke a 78 yr. old record today with a temp of 82 degrees!  I was shocked that the weather forecaster's prediction was accurate. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Chicago broke a 78 yr. old record today with a temp of 82 degrees!  I was shocked that the weather forecaster's prediction was accurate. :bigwink:
Wow, that's warm! We've been having below average temps.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A little warmer today than yesterday, mid-50's but still rainy and gloomy. 

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had rain, then sunshine, and more rain today.  Weird day.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny and 60's today, cooler and rain on and off for the rest of the week. WE FINALLY GOT AN INCH OF RAIN- YAY!!!!! I have radishes up, wondering when to plant my potatoes and onions! I'm going to try the tub method this year for the potatoes, I have big feed tubs for cattle I'll plant them in, can control  better the 'hilling' and will dump out to harvest.  I'll drill holes in the bottom and use mostly potting soil, we'll see!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
rain drizzle this morning 32 at my house-the steps were slippery and it was 37 at work. big rains coming this afternoon. I am sure the roof at work will drip in odd places. I was supposed to deliver some books to the shop today but I will hold off until tomorrow. I don't like carrying books in rain-I always have a bad habit of dropping them..

This weekend was sunny and cool 35-40ish. Only Honeybee ventured outside for a few minutes. Pumps slept in the library window with the hot sun on her. She stayed there both days. Yesterday started sunny then cloudy later on.

WHERE IS SPRING?!!! We STILL have snow a foot deep in my yard

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 43 degrees outside, feels so much less. Pouring down rain and cold.. I went out to noon mass and cannot warm up! On top of getting a bit wet because of the rain, and me spilling some water on my lap, the heat in the chapel was not on!!  

Finally, just before mass began the custodian came in and put the heat on. I am still frozen and cannot warm up, despite having a cup of tea when I came home...  Brrrrrr....

cold, damp weather and me do not get along!  fingers and toes are bone chilling cold.. and I have the heat up in the house. If I put it up any higher, I will not be able to breathe....sigh..

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't hate me. It's about 86 right now and has been all week. That's the prediction for next week, too. Lows are in the low 70s. All our wildflowers are in full bloom and they're spectacular. 

I'll probably be harvesting from my garden long before you folks will be putting yours in. We have a very long growing season here in southeast Texas, around Houston. Things will be producing through October and into November. They go into the ground from mid-March to early April. I sometimes pick herbs in January. 

Of course, the weeds are already aggressive. If only the good plants would grow as well. My husband says a weed is just a flower no one likes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
86 would be too warm for me. :lol3:

38 degrees right now but damp, gray and drizzly. The rain is supposed to get really heavy later.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Clear and 66.2 degrees on the way to a high of 82. We are forecasted to be in the mid to upper 80's all week. 

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Eek! 38? Way too cold for this Texan. That would be the super dead of winter for us. We rarely drop below freezing. An inch of snow, which occurs every millennium or so, shuts down the whole city.

I don't think you'd care for our summers, either, when the lows are in the mid-80s and the highs are around 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.