What's the last thing you ate - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't like brussel sprouts. I tried to eat one the other night and gagged. My mom loves them, I've tried to like asparagus, too but I gag on it too. But I've tried lol.

The last thing I ate was chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

rpandcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Somewhere north of Mexico and on the ocean.
the sprouts were super good--very savory (I was looking for savory and salt).

Now, before bed, it's a Moscow Mule--I'm now finishing the ginger beer :)!! (I love ginger beer)

Asparagus is great--but it does a number to your bodily fluids--like garlic does to sweat...

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does a persimmon taste like? I've never eaten a persimmon in my life. Is it sweet or sour/tart? What do you do with persimmons?
They're very sweet. There's a hardish skin round the fruit which I eat but probably could be filled. The inside is orange, sweet and juicy. If you buy a very ripe one you can cut it I
In half and eat it with a spoon. I like them hard but you must be careful. If it's too unripe the fruit is inedible. I can't tell you which are not ripe enough to eat. As you can see, I love them but the season will soon be over.
I eat them like a child. I eat the peel first and then the meat which can be quite messy. I hope that answers your question. Have you Googled them?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're very sweet. There's a hardish skin round the fruit which I eat but probably could be filled. The inside is orange, sweet and juicy. If you buy a very ripe one you can cut it I
In half and eat it with a spoon. I like them hard but you must be careful. If it's too unripe the fruit is inedible. I can't tell you which are not ripe enough to eat. As you can see, I love them but the season will soon be over.
I eat them like a child. I eat the peel first and then the meat which can be quite messy. I hope that answers your question. Have you Googled them?
You could probably make a jam with the fruit not the skin. I never thought of that.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brie & camembert cheese, with crackers covered in spicy Hummus. Some Bailey's Irish cream marinated chicken. Topped off at midnight with some Amaretto & a piece of cake.
How do you make chicken with bailey's Irish Cream?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
peeled.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
took some of my tomato sauce with sausages out of the freezer ....

Had that tonight with some imported Fusili Pasta...the curly ones..and lots of Parmesan cheese.

It was so good. I am really partial to homemade sauce. It is the best...I guess you could say I am a snob as far as Italian Tomato Sauce and homemade Soups/soups in general...

tomorrow will be a different day...no meat... Ash Wednesday...and it is fasting.. not sure about that part of it...

I only eat a small breakfast and then supper...You would think I would be thin---NOT!!  sigh

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

tomato soup, colby-jack cheese and crackers, a few spoonfuls of chunky cinnamon applesauce, and 3 lemon sandwich cookies -- my lunch, a few hours ago or so.

yes! very tasty, easy to make, and inexpensive. perfect! 
I like those kinds of meals. Great for those of us who don't have all that great of a budget!

Status
Not open for further replies.