What's the last thing you ate - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really want to try girl scout cookies. Here in Canada, girl guide cookies are only mint chocolate around Christmas time and there's a pack that's half chocolate and half vanilla sandwich cookies in the spring. I'd love to try the different kinds girl scouts sell.
Do they sell Keebler cookies in Canada? if they do, they sell mint cookies called grasshoppers that are pretty much identical to a GS thin mint and they also a cookie called coconut dreams which are the same as the GS Samoas (which IMO are the best GS cookies). I was a GS when I was a kid and sold the cookies and have bought many boxes over the years but the prices they are charging now are ridiculous. They are up to like $5 a box. I don't buy them anymore because at that price, I can get 2 packs of Oreos on sale. The GS trefoils are a standard shortbread cookie but Keebler's Sandies are better. GS has a peanut butter sandwich cookie. Nabisco Nutter Butters are better. The GS have a few others but the ones I listed are the most popular. Those have been around forever

What was the last thing I ate?  4 lemon Oreos last night. Those are up there with the birthday cake ones as being my favorites outside of the gold standard Double Stuf. They are THAT good. 

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they sell Keebler cookies in Canada? if they do, they sell mint cookies called grasshoppers that are pretty much identical to a GS thin mint and they also a cookie called coconut dreams which are the same as the GS Samoas (which IMO are the best GS cookies). I was a GS when I was a kid and sold the cookies and have bought many boxes over the years but the prices they are charging now are ridiculous. They are up to like $5 a box. I don't buy them anymore because at that price, I can get 2 packs of Oreos on sale. The GS trefoils are a standard shortbread cookie but Keebler's Sandies are better. GS has a peanut butter sandwich cookie. Nabisco Nutter Butters are better. The GS have a few others but the ones I listed are the most popular. Those have been around forever

What was the last thing I ate?  4 lemon Oreos last night. Those are up there with the birthday cake ones as being my favorites outside of the gold standard Double Stuf. They are THAT good. 
I'm not sure about Keeblers. I will have to look when I go shopping. Url guide cookies here are $5 a box too. They were $2 when I sold them 20 years ago and the boxes/cookies were bigger.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure about Keeblers. I will have to look when I go shopping. Url guide cookies here are $5 a box too. They were $2 when I sold them 20 years ago and the boxes/cookies were bigger.
When I sold them, it was 1979-1980 and one lady bought  2 of each kind from me and that was shocking 

What's shocking about that now is that it cost her about  $25 or so. Probably less.  

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I sold them, it was 1979-1980 and one lady bought  2 of each kind from me and that was shocking :lol3:

What's shocking about that now is that it cost her about  $25 or so. Probably less.  :eek:  
It's crazy how expensive things have gotten.

Last thing I ate was some homemade chili

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I paid $4.00 per box for the cookies. Ridiculous, when you realize that they've increased the price of cookies AND decreased the size of the cookies AND decreased the number of cookies in the box. I bought a box of thin mints and a box of the shortbread cookies. Shared the shortbread cookies at work and took the mints home for Rick. One of my co-workers has two daughters; one's a Scout, one's a Brownie. I try to help the cause whenever I can, when parents sell stuff for their kids. 

I love the lemon Oreos. Those things just rock. Peanut butter ones aren't bad either. 

I found a recipe for a faux Samoa cookie. Haven't tried it (yet).

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
beef burrito casserole (last serving of it), a handful of corn chips, two spoonfuls of canned pineapple tidbits in juice, and two vanilla sandwich cookies -- my lunch.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love the lemon Oreos. Those things just rock. 
Oh, how I wish I could go back and unread that!  How has it escaped me that they make a lemon Oreo?  I have tried to stay away from junk food, unsuccessfully, but still I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention to the whole cookie isle.  And now I'm gonna have to go to the store and get some!  Lemon cremes were my favorite Girl Scout cookie

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a small whole wheat tortilla with caesar salad dressing, grilled chicken that I put tomato herb seasonings on and a bit of cheddar cheese. Plus some steamed broccoli with it.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in the South (US) so...I just had a big bowl of purple hull peas cooked with salt pork, and cornbread, my dinner! Hubby is in North Carolina this week for work, so I'm binging on veggies and comfort foods

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
One of each.

On the left are Almond Cupcakes (made from the new fluted cupcake pan I got from King Arthur). On the right are the Lemon Fluted Cupcakes. That's a little lemon candy wafer on top of the cupcakes. I stuck the wafer onto the still-warm cupcake and it melted fast to the cake. Yum. Taking these to work tomorrow, but there are plenty here at home for Dear Richard.

Rick is bowling tonight. About an hour ago, he texted me and asked, "Are they cupcakes yet?" 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of each.

On the left are Almond Cupcakes (made from the new fluted cupcake pan I got from King Arthur). On the right are the Lemon Fluted Cupcakes. That's a little lemon candy wafer on top of the cupcakes. I stuck the wafer onto the still-warm cupcake and it melted fast to the cake. Yum. Taking these to work tomorrow, but there are plenty here at home for Dear Richard.

Rick is bowling tonight. About an hour ago, he texted me and asked, "Are they cupcakes yet?" :D

Those look so good.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of each.

Rick is bowling tonight. About an hour ago, he texted me and asked, "Are they cupcakes yet?" :D

I knew they were yours before I saw your name. They look yummy. Is there anything inside?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I knew they were yours before I saw your name. They look yummy. Is there anything inside?
Thanks. They are yummy. I brought some into work this morning. One of the maintenance guys saw me coming into the building with my container and followed me right back to my desk!

No, no filling, Judy. It's just the cupcake batter (the almond cupcake batter recipe was on the back of the wrapper the pan came in and the lemon cupcake batter recipe is from King Arthur). You could probably fill with some kind of cream filling or maybe a curd. Chocolate cream would be awesome for the almond ones!

Ina Garten has a decadent lemon glaze that I'm going to use the next time I make the lemon ones. Rick said he think they'd be so good with a glaze.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. They are yummy. I brought some into work this morning. One of the maintenance guys saw me coming into the building with my container and followed me right back to my desk!

No, no filling, Judy. It's just the cupcake batter (the almond cupcake batter recipe was on the back of the wrapper the pan came in and the lemon cupcake batter recipe is from King Arthur). You could probably fill with some kind of cream filling or maybe a curd. Chocolate cream would be awesome for the almond ones!

Ina Garten has a decadent lemon glaze that I'm going to use the next time I make the lemon ones. Rick said he think they'd be so good with a glaze.
Enjoy yourselves.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I have GOT to find a pan like that!!  I'm going to do an online search for one right now!  Those look amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.