What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What colour have you used?
43 years ago when my son was born, finances being what they were I had to buy second hand stuff. Not clothing. His cot. I wanted to paint it ivory. For some reason my MiL, who I'd never met, decided to come over for the birth of my first born when mum was coming! I never understood why!
Anyway while I was in hospital, wr stayed in for 4 days in those days, she took it upon herself to paint it yellow. I was so cross. Not that this has anything to do with you painting your kitchen.
:confused:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most wonderfully positive thing that has happened to me is the squirrel that was trapped in our attic was in the cage this morning and we let him loose!!! It was a wonderful Christmas present!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What colour have you used?
43 years ago when my son was born, finances being what they were I had to buy second hand stuff. Not clothing. His cot. I wanted to paint it ivory. For some reason my MiL, who I'd never met, decided to come over for the birth of my first born when mum was coming! I never understood why!
Anyway while I was in hospital, wr stayed in for 4 days in those days, she took it upon herself to paint it yellow. I was so cross. Not that this has anything to do with you painting your kitchen.
I would be upset too. My daughters crib is cherry/espresso colour. I found it at a discount store for $108 no tax and we had a 15% off coupon. It sells at other stores for $250 plus 13% tax. Our finances weren't great either and we furnished her whole room for around $300.  I also was in the hospital for 4 days after her birth, but I had a c-section and my total stay was 14 days.

Anyways...I painted it a dark beige. My landlord said to do it neutral. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Boo and I Bounced this morning!  
 It was funny.....I was in the bathroom drying my hair and I always dry my hair bent over with all my hair forward. So I finished the back of my hair, straightened up and there was BooBoo sitting on the toilet, waiting patiently. I never saw him come in. And it must pay to be deaf in a way because he's no longer afraid of the hair dryer as he can't hear it. So there he was!  He saw that he had my attention and the paws started working. I put the dryer down, picked Boo up and away we went. Throughout the house, Bouncing and singing. We got back to the bedroom, I flopped him on the bed (gently! I don't just toss him), he curled up, meowed a "Thanks, Mom!" and went to sleep. 

It always makes my morning when Boo and I Bounce. We've been doing that since he was a kitten and he's 18 years old now, so we've done a lot of Bouncing. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Boo and I Bounced this morning!  
 It was funny.....I was in the bathroom drying my hair and I always dry my hair bent over with all my hair forward. So I finished the back of my hair, straightened up and there was BooBoo sitting on the toilet, waiting patiently. I never saw him come in. And it must pay to be deaf in a way because he's no longer afraid of the hair dryer as he can't hear it. So there he was!  He saw that he had my attention and the paws started working. I put the dryer down, picked Boo up and away we went. Throughout the house, Bouncing and singing. We got back to the bedroom, I flopped him on the bed (gently! I don't just toss him), he curled up, meowed a "Thanks, Mom!" and went to sleep. 

It always makes my morning when Boo and I Bounce. We've been doing that since he was a kitten and he's 18 years old now, so we've done a lot of Bouncing. 
Awww.  I have a picture of that in my head.  Sweet Boo.  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

The most wonderfully positive thing that has happened to me is the squirrel that was trapped in our attic was in the cage this morning and we let him loose!!! It was a wonderful Christmas present!
Happy squirrel!  And happy you, to not have him up there any more.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good. How did he get in?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be upset too. My daughters crib is cherry/espresso colour. I found it at a discount store for $108 no tax and we had a 15% off coupon. It sells at other stores for $250 plus 13% tax. Our finances weren't great either and we furnished her whole room for around $300.  I also was in the hospital for 4 days after her birth, but I had a c-section and my total stay was 14 days.

Anyways...I painted it a dark beige. My landlord said to do it neutral. 
She also turned certain items of my wash that was on the line round which means she was checking up on me. I turned everything back to my way and she didn't do it again.
She also tried to teach me a most complicated way to do mark's nsppy. Diaper. When I told her her son and I were doing it the way dr.spock shows she started to cry. To shout. Called me a ****! My mum came in and thinking it was me took her gently out. I have a tongue and temper but I was very careful with her. When my. Mum found out it wasn't me, this time, she was upset. I hadn't swept under my bed. Never mind I was just out of hospital with stitches. In fact the day I came out I went to the supermarket with my then husband not to stay with her and he was also very. Angry
Right. Back to painting.
You did it in a neutral colour. Does it look nice now?
In those days we all stayed in for 4 days and only had the babies at feeding time

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My blood work and upper GI came back normal! The ranitidine is helping so this appears to be GERD after all!

chasetheblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
catlover that kitchen looks SO MUCH BETTER with the new colour!!!!!!!!!!

I had a day full of kitten cuddles after being away for a week on vacation. <3

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sammy is visually healthier today! Yay! He has been taking antibiotics for a nasty infection in his gums, and finally, they seem to have made a difference. Hopefully he doesn't have stomatitis. I am just so happy that he finally has some relief from the pain and swelling, my poor little guy.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before whisky and blighty came we had a rat. I have no idea how it got in. Anyway it hid behind the dishwasher so a trap was put down to catch it and release it. The thing snapped and when I went to see it was empty. It was too big for the trap but it had hurt him. I could hear him squeaking from behind the machine. I felt so sorry for it but it must have got out because he disappeared.
Where we used to live we kept getting field mice. We were on the 4th floor! We were trapping and releasing them.
I hope you can get whatever you've got out.

rosieglow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Made chocolate bowls for visiting friends' dessert. Wonky but darned scrum my!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been dressing my Uncle's leg ulcer for months, and today it really looks like it's on the mend..

Status
Not open for further replies.