What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a fun afternoon with hubby's 5 year old grandson yesterday---he had some of those foam rubber dinosaurs in capsules.  You put them in hot water and they turn into bigger dinosaurs.  So we were watching him "grow" dinosaurs and name them.  Cute!  

Oh and grandson put a green Ninja Turtle band-aid on Grandpa's arm for good luck during his hospital stay.  Hubby is going to ask the surgeon if he can leave it on during the surgery.   

Last edited:

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds like a lovely day!

I had a good day yesterday, quiet and nice.  Did some household chores while I watched some sappy Christmas movies on TV :lol3:  and then did some cooking--I made pumpkin hummus!  Isn't that an odd combo--pumpkin, garbanzo beans, garlic....  But it was good!  

Thank you all for the good wishes for Duke--this will be his fifth surgery in just over two years.  Two hip replacements and three back surgeries.  This one will be to repair the last one that didn't really "take".  We're hoping that finally, after almost three years of using a cane and/or walker, he will be able to walk normally again.  :cross:   Fingers crossed.  
A lot to appreciate today--surgery for hubby went much better and faster than anticipated--surgeon expects fast healing and good results. Yay!

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went shoe shopping! 

The bad news is I spent $360, but the good news is I got FIVE pairs of shoes and FOUR sets of tights! 

The breakdown: I got two pairs of gorgeous "dressier" knee high boots, one pair of knee high boots but that are flats and more casual, one pair of booties, and a cute pair of flats that were literally on sale for $15. I probably won't get much use out of them till Spring but when the time comes I will be glad to have them!

Yes, it's official. I'm addicted to boots. I need a support group. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I went shoe shopping! 

The bad news is I spent $360, but the good news is I got FIVE pairs of shoes and FOUR sets of tights! 

The breakdown: I got two pairs of gorgeous "dressier" knee high boots, one pair of knee high boots but that are flats and more casual, one pair of booties, and a cute pair of flats that were literally on sale for $15. I probably won't get much use out of them till Spring but when the time comes I will be glad to have them!

Yes, it's official. I'm addicted to boots. I need a support group. 
Love, love, love boots! I am green with envy over your stash! I don't need a support group....what I need is more money to buy more boots! 

I like tights, too, but don't wear them very often.

Betsygee, I'm so glad your husband is doing OK! 
 for a great recovery!

Last edited:

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
My husband has a job interview. :D
@ catlover19: Will keep my fingers crossed for him!

Hubby got released from the hospital after one night! The dr. anticipated a 3-4 day stay, which is what the previous ones were, but this was only two days. :clap:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@ catlover19: Will keep my fingers crossed for him!

Hubby got released from the hospital after one night! The dr. anticipated a 3-4 day stay, which is what the previous ones were, but this was only two days.
Thank you. We need this badly. He currently commutes and is commission based at his job. This one is about 5 minutes away and has a salary.  That's great that your hubby got out of the hospital early. 

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My new 6 month old kitten woke me up this morning bouncing                  
    on my legs. lol. She is so cute and it is so great to have a new cat.  

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been blessed with plenty of work from my agency this week- even tho one of my mainstay clients passed away last Sunday. God is good! :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I know he won't. I'm wondering if whisky feels a difference with him or is it too early?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
DH went to the P.O. to pick up a package (of cat litter) for me without grumbling too much. The new mailman didn't know he was supposed to put it in the garage.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put on the fireplace channel for my daughter because she loves Christmas music and she is walking around the room all excited and happy now. Nothing better than a happy smiling baby/toddler (I don't want to stop calling her baby but she is almost 15 months).

Status
Not open for further replies.