What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevandbur

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I quit the factory job that I absolutely hate. Now I am just working as a cashier at Walmart. I am applying and taking a test to see if I can be a CSM (customer service manager) which I'm slightly nervous about but I know I can handle it if I get the job. If I don't get that, then I'm looking for another part time job.

So the best thing ever was walking out of there knowing I never have to go in again.

Then later, I was doing housework and I looked outside and our other cow had her calf.

THEN I caught Trevor and Burlington sitting on the same chair, side by side, looking out the window. So now I know they are friends!

AND my boyfriend learned that the part he needs to fix our corn burner only costs $12, he doesn't have to go very far to get it, it's in stock, and they will tell him how to fix it, and they are open on Saturday.

SO today has been a rather good day!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I bought some gorgeous Spring flowers to pot.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Hubby is going into the hospital on Monday for another back surgery.  We've been receiving good wishes and offers of help all day.  It is so good to realize how many friends we have.  

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby is going into the hospital on Monday for another back surgery.  We've been receiving good wishes and offers of help all day.  It is so good to realize how many friends we have.  :grphug2:
Been there with the back surgery... praying your husband will pull thru it successfully & heal quickly! :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby is going into the hospital on Monday for another back surgery.  We've been receiving good wishes and offers of help all day.  It is so good to realize how many friends we have.  :grphug2:
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for him.

I have at least one text for February's final exams (out of nine).

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise

I quit the factory job that I absolutely hate. Now I am just working as a cashier at Walmart. I am applying and taking a test to see if I can be a CSM (customer service manager) which I'm slightly nervous about but I know I can handle it if I get the job. If I don't get that, then I'm looking for another part time job.

So the best thing ever was walking out of there knowing I never have to go in again.

Then later, I was doing housework and I looked outside and our other cow had her calf.

THEN I caught Trevor and Burlington sitting on the same chair, side by side, looking out the window. So now I know they are friends!

AND my boyfriend learned that the part he needs to fix our corn burner only costs $12, he doesn't have to go very far to get it, it's in stock, and they will tell him how to fix it, and they are open on Saturday.

SO today has been a rather good day!
Great day!  How nice to be able to quit a hated job!  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We decorated the tree much to the delight of the three cats. After hearing the bells dingle a few times, the tree is still standing.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Hubby is going into the hospital on Monday for another back surgery.  We've been receiving good wishes and offers of help all day.  It is so good to realize how many friends we have.  
 The best of luck to your husband! 

We had a nice day today. We went with friends to a store in the Poconos area. They carry a large selection of Fiesta dishes and up to 70% off normal prices. I found an nice covered casserole as well as some small salad-type dishes in my colors, a spoon rest for our stove, as well as some other pieces. We had a nice dinner before heading back home. It was a beautiful, sunny day, nice and warmish. It was just nice.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise

The best of luck to your husband! 

We had a nice day today. We went with friends to a store in the Poconos area. They carry a large selection of Fiesta dishes and up to 70% off normal prices. I found an nice covered casserole as well as some small salad-type dishes in my colors, a spoon rest for our stove, as well as some other pieces. We had a nice dinner before heading back home. It was a beautiful, sunny day, nice and warmish. It was just nice.
That sounds like a lovely day!

I had a good day yesterday, quiet and nice.  Did some household chores while I watched some sappy Christmas movies on TV
 and then did some cooking--I made pumpkin hummus!  Isn't that an odd combo--pumpkin, garbanzo beans, garlic....  But it was good!  

Thank you all for the good wishes for Duke--this will be his fifth surgery in just over two years.  Two hip replacements and three back surgeries.  This one will be to repair the last one that didn't really "take".  We're hoping that finally, after almost three years of using a cane and/or walker, he will be able to walk normally again.  
  Fingers crossed.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli ripped the trash apart this morning, but luckily the mess was confined to the kitchen and hallway, and he didn't get anything that made him sick. DH overfilled it, so the lid wasn't on tight - that's too much of a temptation for Mogli. :lol3:

luciafernanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Had an incredibly lazy Sunday (after getting home at 5am hahaha), stayed in bed internetting with a sleeping kitten on me most of the day...now internetting at my desk (and my kitten is being even lazier than me, she's still sleeping on the bed) :D

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We had rain.. lots of it.. My water tank is full and already my garden is looking greener! 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
betsygee betsygee good luck to your husband!

I was at a cookout tonight when a swarm of yellow jackets appeared and stung several guests. I'm thankful that I didn't get stung since I'm highly allergic. Not that I wanted anyone else stung, but literally I have a limited time frame before I have serious trouble breathing. Note to self: get a new epipen script pronto!

deborahlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was asked to foster two orphaned kittens, just a few days old and finally got them to take the bottle.

Okay, so the bathroom part isn't so positive, but I got to save two innocent lives.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I was asked to foster two orphaned kittens, just a few days old and finally got them to take the bottle.

Okay, so the bathroom part isn't so positive, but I got to save two innocent lives.
Yay for you! Thank you for saving those babies!

Sending lots of 
 for your husband this morning, betsygee. 

I awakened this morning and got out of bed with no body aches and pains for the first time in a long time. Life felt good.

Status
Not open for further replies.