What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah joined Livie and I in the training/play room and took it upon herself to challenge Livie to a game of tug of war. Livie says Sarah cheats because she has claws. Sarah looks pretty proud of herself. :lol:
View attachment 474486
Sarah thinks it's pretty funny ,look at thst- she's laughing like the cat that swallowed the canary!!!!!

Livie is the tattle ' tail" ------ they are just too precious. Lila?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you can use moth balls to deter them. My old boss was extremely afraid of them so she said she would keep them under her house and it worked. They lived on a farm and had a prefab house on the land. I know she also used peppermint oil on cotton balls around the drains and things under sinks but that might have been for snakes. They only had dogs at the house and put things where they couldn't get to them. I'd have to use like mesh bags or something to make it hard for them to be accidentally messed with by the wrong critter. I use little tulle bags from a baby shower to hang bay leaves in my pantry. Something like that might work and be fairly cheap.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think you can use moth balls to deter them. My old boss was extremely afraid of them so she said she would keep them under her house and it worked. They lived on a farm and had a prefab house on the land. I know she also used peppermint oil on cotton balls around the drains and things under sinks but that might have been for snakes. They only had dogs at the house and put things where they couldn't get to them. I'd have to use like mesh bags or something to make it hard for them to be accidentally messed with by the wrong critter. I use little tulle bags from a baby shower to hang bay leaves in my pantry. Something like that might work and be fairly cheap.
Mice absolutely HATE peppermint oil, and cinnamon too. They also hate steel wool, so if you find the mouse hole Margot Lane Margot Lane stuff it full of steel wool (preferably soaked in those oils!)

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Mice absolutely HATE peppermint oil, and cinnamon too. They also hate steel wool, so if you find the mouse hole Margot Lane Margot Lane stuff it full of steel wool (preferably soaked in those oils!)
Thank you all! Did a bit of research, and oils (at least under homes) are flammable and some mothballs have chemicals that ought not to leach into ecosystems. But I’ll take those steel wools and cinnamons! I will out wit them: if necessary I will fight them on the beaches. (I might even foster, but not quite ready). I will also put absolutely everything in pantry canning jars. I wonder if they hate scented cinnamon & peppermint candles.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh no: the mice are beginning to realize I’m catless. Caught # 7 last night, can’t find the %$#! mouse hole.
I had a mouse problem in the basement some years back, The way I found their entry was sprinkling baking soda around the likely spots and then looking for footprints. Found it the next day. I

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear from you!
I'm home!!Surgeon discharged me after he asked if I'd rather go home because I'm very ready-they put me in a recliner for 5,hrs & I told the surgeon I was miserable and wanted to get up- and here I am,I'd rather be in pain at home with my babies- it's not that awful,it's what I expected

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm home!!Surgeon discharged me after he asked if I'd rather go home because I'm very ready-they put me in a recliner for 5,hrs & I told the surgeon I was miserable and wanted to get up- and here I am,I'd rather be in pain at home with my babies- it's not that awful,it's what I expected
My goodness that is fast! Still, I hope that your friends are going to help you for at least a few days.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My goodness that is fast! Still, I hope that your friends are going to help you for at least a few days.
Thank you- my neighbor Mary Ellen picked me up with her hubby- she lives right above me,so glad she'll be in Florida for April!

They helped set me up on the couch,brought me shrimp scampi for later,put ice gel pack on and set up the polar care electric ice thingy that stays on for first couple days from the hospital -they are there for me and it's nice

My girls from church all came to the hospital today to see me and my next door neighbor is coming over after work- my Pastor called too so everyone is stepping up❤

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah joined Livie and I in the training/play room and took it upon herself to challenge Livie to a game of tug of war. Livie says Sarah cheats because she has claws. Sarah looks pretty proud of herself. :lol:
View attachment 474486
This is the cutest picture ever!!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you- my neighbor Mary Ellen picked me up with her hubby- she lives right above me,so glad she'll be in Florida for April!

They helped set me up on the couch,brought me shrimp scampi for later,put ice gel pack on and set up the polar care electric ice thingy that stays on for first couple days from the hospital -they are there for me and it's nice

My girls from church all came to the hospital today to see me and my next door neighbor is coming over after work- my Pastor called too so everyone is stepping up❤
So glad you are getting help. You are too loving not to have any. Also happy that you are home.

Do you have pain meds? or can call in for some.. I know they do not want to give you really potent stuff as you are home and alone; but you need something for pain.. and keep icing! Do you have anyone's telephone number, because I think you need so help around the house.. or even to sit with you..

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for such sweet kindness- I do have pain medications for the cancer pain but I try not to take it ,I don't mind the extended release morphine meds because it doesn't make me feel loopy & the Celebrex and Baclofen is adequate I think- they gave me oxycodone but I'm not taking it and requested tramadol instead- I'm just a lightweight with meds