What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
No,they don't consider it at all - penny wise and dollar foolish my friend- it is indeed such a pity!

They are so anxious to be "rid" of everything so they can either sell the unit or rent it out- looking for what they can profit and who knows ? They may have discarded something equal to a months rent!
I think the issue is that you can’t expect family to have the same knowledge of valuables as you do nor do they have the time to research and bring in appraisers. Often they are racing the clock to get a clean out done. So if you have things worth money either sell them or tell your heirs specifically what those items are. Personally, I am selling my things unless I know it is something my son would keep.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
like fruit/small items of food or drinks its an asian thing i guess.to leave something for the dead their ghosts/spirits etc along with burning incense. regardless the reasons its a bad thing having coyotes associate humans as a source for a free meal
My mom always says "If you can't give me things when I'm alive, don't bother once I'm dead".

I'm not sure coyotes associate it with humans, as it's left at a grave site, but they do know where to go for food and probably frequent it often. Although coyotes hunt, they are opportunistic by nature.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Ripped open all the sheetrock in the old pantry only to discover about a dozen ping pong balls and several catnip bags. All batted in there over the years by several cats through a little hole!
The hockey game! My cats have always loved it. While I don’t have holes in sheet rock I have doors that have a gap at the bottom and even at her age Willow shoves a couple toys under the closet door every night.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH NO! ~drops to knees and begins CPR on the thread~

I think that I'm going to start working on my bookcases tonight. There are actually 4–5 authors whom I have...grown beyond. Given that I have about 1300 books, I need the shelf space for those I'm actually reading. THEN I can reorganize them more organically for my reading habits.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

I think that I'm going to start working on my bookcases tonight. There are actually 4–5 authors whom I have...grown beyond. Given that I have about 1300 books, I need the shelf space for those I'm actually reading. THEN I can reorganize them more organically for my reading habits.
Hard to do but keep telling yourself that it must be done. And hopefully the culled books will bring enjoyment to someone else.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my floors done today. All of them. DD ran the little floor vacuum but I did the furniture moving, floor sweeping and mopping. I am feeling it. But it feels so good to have a thorough job done. The kitchen was looking awful and I realized the sheet vinyl is starting to show wear. But the new flooring is looking like a worthwhile investment. I found 2 spots where Mooch must have thrown up a little water because it dried with no one noticing. They mopped right up. It was pouring by the time I finished so I still have to deal with the bucket of yucky water. But that chore is done!!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

WOW,,major project!Many years ago I had a home with a library-many many books wall to wall,floor to ceiling- when I moved into a Condo I brought most of them to a bookstore and got a very good price for them-perhaps you might want to turn some of those books into some cash? A few phone calls can help you to know if it's worth the effort- they even came to my house to pick them up

I must add,I can't tell you how many times I think about a particular quote ,story or some kind of info that one of my books contained and suddenly I remember:" I don't have it anymore"- I often miss my books,miss my library,miss my home.....Well,life goes on and space is good!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was not on this site for awhile a little back, so forgive me if I missed some things. But does anyone know whatever happened to Mother Dragon? (may have been spelled different). For some reason she entered my thoughts the other day.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was not on this site for awhile a little back, so forgive me if I missed some things. But does anyone know whatever happened to Mother Dragon? (may have been spelled different). For some reason she entered my thoughts the other day.
She passed away a couple of years ago sadly. She was a great lady.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually. I donate them to a group that provides books to prisons and nursing homes.
Thank you for doing that. I spent many years mailing books to prisons. 90% of incarcerated people who receive any type of degree while in prison never go back. The #1 request is always a paperback dictionary.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually. I donate them to a group that provides books to prisons and nursing homes.
Bless you for this, so many people in need in both those places.

Reminds me of the Youtube video I watched about a prison that has a wing for the inmates to care for animals from a local shelter. The part that made me sad is that all of them get adopted out, not a single cat is theirs to keep. Let me sponsor a couple cats that can stay with them :sniffle:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for this, so many people in need in both those places.

Reminds me of the Youtube video I watched about a prison that has a wing for the inmates to care for animals from a local shelter. The part that made me sad is that all of them get adopted out, not a single cat is theirs to keep. Let me sponsor a couple cats that can stay with them :sniffle:
You have a good heart but we do have to remember that when you commit a crime there's a price to pay-the programs the prisons have like the one you've described are wonderful,the incarcerated people that qualify to work in those programs have earned it and they are giving back,doing something wonderful and as they are being so bountifully Blessed they are a Blessing themselves taking care of God's creatures until they can be adopted but no,you don't get to have pets in prison.... you have to pay your dues and maybe it will help them to never do anything to jeopardize their freedom(& have a pet of their own one day) once they have completed their sentence.

Did you ever watch the show Pitbulls & Parolees?Those dogs they care for change their lives in such a big way,some of them say they never experienced anything like it- someone to love that loves them back unconditionally without judgement....Prison can harden a person's heart to where they come out worse than when they went in- it's amazing how an animal can can soften a person's heart

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I woke up to a massive storm brewing. Lots of wind, rain, hail, thunder, and lightning. At one point a bolt hit nearby (I didn't get a photo because of course I didn't) and the resulting cracking thunder made me jump. The lightning was unbelievable, almost unnaturally bright. It lit the entire world up brighter than daylight at 6:15AM. :shocked:
1710417020536.png

1710417035424.png

1710417061269.png

1710417088478.png

1710417114167.png

Sarah seemed unfazed.
1710417271569.png