What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is likely that I will not be able to take of my cats temporarily maybe a few days,weeks,longer. My mom wants my cats gone. I can't even look at her now. I will know more Tuesday. Very anxious
Why does your Mom hold such negativity toward your Cats ?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
To her they are pets,nothing more. I found someone to take care of them but she wants to drop them off to be boarded. She pays for it because I cannot afford it so I have to do what she wants. I will keep pressuring her over email

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To her they are pets,nothing more. I found someone to take care of them but she wants to drop them off to be boarded. She pays for it because I cannot afford it so I have to do what she wants. I will keep pressuring her over email
I wonder if she's aware that boarding isn't inexpensive. As your paying someone to care after your pets plus providing food. It's my guess she's hoping that "out of sight, out of mind" that you will forget about your Cats. Hopefully you will get some positive news on Tuesday . Good Luck.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
God, wish I was still In Texas cause I would pamper your kitties however long they needed and probably fight your mom too :angrywoman:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you live with her? Or maybe you're emailing her because you don't want to look at her?

I'm so sorry your going through this,it's horrible-Im hoping she'll have a change of heart,praying she does❤😥🙏

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't looked at the thermometer yet, but it must have been cold out- I had a three-cat night. Bashful was by my head, Miss Eleanor was by my feet, and Stretch was on the opposite side by my knees. I was trapped by cats!
Do you ever wriggle out of your spot without the cats moving, look at where you were laying and wonder how on earth you managed to fit such a tiny spot? I sure do!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With cats on both sides of me? Spread from head to toe? Not possible without shedding blood as they do burnouts in escaping. Ask me how I know.
I think I have a pretty good guess on how you know. :lol:
My biggest problem at the moment is the Papillon wakes up, realizes she's bored, and uses her front feet to dig furiously in my hair.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
New baby girl KoKo is home and I think she has the Tortitude I’ve heard about 😂 YanYan did her normal intruder hiss and KoKo gave it right back to her 3x over. She is about 4-5 months old, very strong and sooooo affectionate. Already made biscuits on my shoulder (I teared up a bit) and she nose booped XiaoXiao while hanging out on the couch with me.

She’s been at the rescue since she was barely 12 weeks.

I feel like XiaoXiao would be a good big brother for foster kittens…he adjusts very quickly and loves cleaning them.

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
New baby girl KoKo is home and I think she has the Tortitude I’ve heard about 😂 YanYan did her normal intruder hiss and KoKo gave it right back to her 3x over. She is about 4-5 months old, very strong and sooooo affectionate. Already made biscuits on my shoulder (I teared up a bit) and she nose booped XiaoXiao while hanging out on the couch with me.

I feel like XiaoXiao would be a good big brother for foster kittens…he adjusts very quickly and loves cleaning them.
Welcome home baby KoKo❤

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My biggest problem at the moment is the Papillon wakes up, realizes she's bored, and uses her front feet to dig furiously in my hair.
I don't let my cat's near my head anymore. They used to lick it for some reason (like they're grooming me). But with Samai, my head becomes the Tootsie Pop and she's the owl.
It hurts. So no more.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't let my cat's near my head anymore. They used to lick it for some reason (like they're grooming me). But with Samai, my head becomes the Tootsie Pop and she's the owl.
It hurts. So no more.
Your cats are lucky. Ours have always been completely barred from the bedrooms all my life because my parents got sick of 4:00am wakeup calls... not that this has stopped every single generation of our cats from trying to get in there.

Aww, KoKo is adorable! She looks like she's a dilute torti, very pretty. I try not to judge a cat by its colours, but Cleo often has me convinced that tortitude is a thing. She's a complete sweetheart, but very determined about what she wants and doesn't take nonsense from anyone!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your cats are lucky. Ours have always been completely barred from the bedrooms all my life because my parents got sick of 4:00am wakeup calls... not that this has stopped every single generation of our cats from trying to get in there.

Aww, KoKo is adorable! She looks like she's a dilute torti, very pretty. I try not to judge a cat by its colours, but Cleo often has me convinced that tortitude is a thing. She's a complete sweetheart, but very determined about what she wants and doesn't take nonsense from anyone!
Can confirm. Tortietude is a thing. 🤣
Lila will wake me up several times a night meowing her head off while bringing me stuff. Dog toys, cat toys, pens, washcloths, anything she can find. It's cute but exhausting waking up so often.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It hurts. So no more.
Bashful has never been a lap cat, but every once in a while she would climb up onto the back of my recliner and start licking my head like she was grooming me, only it was more like a scalp massage, if you get my drift.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can confirm. Tortietude is a thing. 🤣
Lila will wake me up several times a night meowing her head off while bringing me stuff. Dog toys, cat toys, pens, washcloths, anything she can find. It's cute but exhausting waking up so often.
Cleo's trick is to start meowing pathetically when you get the food out, but it isn't within her reach yet. It's like she's nagging you to hurry up, even if you're going as fast as you safely can. Sometimes she also just sits by her bowl and meows when it's empty and it isn't feeding time yet, but she thinks it should be. And yes, it isn't that we're under feeding her. She actually went from skinny to a bit too chubby when we first adopted her. She'd been a friendly stray (we think probably abandoned), and I think her off switch on 'hungry' got broken...