What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, all 6 cats are indoor only now.

Kwik Kwik -- Oh my. I didn't know there were different vaccines. What vaccines did your feral get? I'm not sure if Holden was given a different one than the 3 kittens. They were fixed and vaccinated on a low income voucher from Spay Neuter Now for $150 each. But I had to pay full price for Holden's vaccines since she said he was probably already neutered, so he didn't qualify for his voucher anymore. So you think Holden was given a lower dose than the kittens? It's all so confusing.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Good price for 4 cats total-
Yes, all 6 cats are indoor only now.

Kwik Kwik -- Oh my. I didn't know there were different vaccines. What vaccines did your feral get? I'm not sure if Holden was given a different one than the 3 kittens. They were fixed and vaccinated on a low income voucher from Spay Neuter Now for $150 each. But I had to pay full price for Holden's vaccines since she said he was probably already neutered, so he didn't qualify for his voucher anymore. So you think Holden was given a lower dose than the kittens? It's all so confusing.
I'm so glad they are all indoor only,that is the best thing anyone can tell me!!!Brings a big smile to my face😘

Highly likely he was given a full dose adult vax- call and ask if he needs to come in with the others- perhaps not

Honestly I can't remember what I ate Sunday so I brought Timmy in 9months ago and I'd have to look up his chart for specifics....but I know the conversation I had with my Vet when I dropped him off- give him everything he needs now,take every test because he probably won't be coming back anytime soon and he will not be getting walked outside ( all mine go for leash walks)

Don't worry so much about this @maggiedemi,he'll be fine-a simple phone call to your Vet and I wouldn't be surprised if she says he need not come in- just ask and if he does at least it's not a problem getting him there..... a 10yr old cat that has been outside obviously has a strong immune system and with everyone vaccinated your in good shape

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I advertise them on facebook marketplace right now. Hmm, yeah. I never really considered the time it might take because the plants do most of the work anyway. I just make sure they are watered and fed. And right now, I guess if I were to expand, I'd need more grow lights. Maybe it's okay at it's current size after all.
Sounds wise- you can start to consider expanding if and when you can't supply the demand

Anyone who has a successful business would advise you never expand until its necessary-it's how you " grow" ( little pun) your businesses without biting more than you can chew- cost effectiveness,supply and demand- just things to consider ❤

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet:
Demi and Maggie have had prior vaccines. The other 4 cats have not ever had prior vaccines before so they would need boosters to make sure the full dose of the vaccine is in their system. Without the boosters it is not Guaranteed that your pets are protected.

Me:
But it's the same vaccine for all of them and the same dose each time?

Vet:
Yes if we do not have any previous vaccines for the cats then they will need a booster in order for them to be completely protected. After boosters are completed vaccines will be good for a year and then after that 3 years.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does chaos always come like multiple waves of a thunderstorm for anyone else?

We got back home yesterday and had all sorts of things to prepare then who comes hobbling past me but our barn cat ShunShun. He was limping horribly and I was absolutely terrified (for obvious reasons for anyone who knows my past few days). He wouldn’t let me look at it and hissed angrily when I tried. Thankfully our walk in vet was open till 8 yesterday so I decided to stuff him in a carrier and take him ASAP.

Well, the only carrier I had was almost too small for him (I haven’t weighed him in ages but he may be 16 pounds) and when I tried to put him in he smelled the other cats on it (my fault for not considering that). He tried to take my hand off. Hissed, growled, did the lunge bite threat. The whole works. Well finally I realized he was stuck in reverse due to me putting him in face first so I quickly flipped him and he backed right in :jester: I was honestly scared I might not get him back in the carrier and was going to run to walmart for another just in case.

Called the vet to ask them if they would even handle a mini angry tiger and they said they would do their best. He wailed the whole way. Got there and he went dead silent once we were in the building, not a peep. They put a “may bite” sticker on his paperwork and we went in with the tech. She asked “Is he really going to bite me?” and I was like no idea but he tried to murder me just putting him in the carrier as well as threatening me with all his sharp parts if I brush him slightly wrong. So they got the mini tiger wrangler (the vet) and took him to to an exam room.

The tech came back. “He walked right out of the carrier and started doing biscuits on our table. You scared me, I thought he was going to bite me. Cat bites HURT” and then we all started laughing cause it was so absurd 😂

Turns out ShunShun is a total softy. He just had a minor cut on a paw pad that hurt a lot. Got some pain medication and antibiotics just to be safe. Later that night we heard him already chasing mice on our roof….

And that is the story of how we acquired another cat with the title “may bite, but is also a total softy”

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise

We got back home yesterday and had all sorts of things to prepare then who comes hobbling past me but our barn cat ShunShun. He was limping horribly and I was absolutely terrified (for obvious reasons for anyone who knows my past few days). He wouldn’t let me look at it and hissed angrily when I tried. Thankfully our walk in vet was open till 8 yesterday so I decided to stuff him in a carrier and take him ASAP.

Well, the only carrier I had was almost too small for him (I haven’t weighed him in ages but he may be 16 pounds) and when I tried to put him in he smelled the other cats on it (my fault for not considering that). He tried to take my hand off. Hissed, growled, did the lunge bite threat. The whole works. Well finally I realized he was stuck in reverse due to me putting him in face first so I quickly flipped him and he backed right in :jester: I was honestly scared I might not get him back in the carrier and was going to run to walmart for another just in case.

Called the vet to ask them if they would even handle a mini angry tiger and they said they would do their best. He wailed the whole way. Got there and he went dead silent once we were in the building, not a peep. They put a “may bite” sticker on his paperwork and we went in with the tech. She asked “Is he really going to bite me?” and I was like no idea but he tried to murder me just putting him in the carrier as well as threatening me with all his sharp parts if I brush him slightly wrong. So they got the mini tiger wrangler (the vet) and took him to to an exam room.

The tech came back. “He walked right out of the carrier and started doing biscuits on our table. You scared me, I thought he was going to bite me. Cat bites HURT” and then we all started laughing cause it was so absurd 😂

Turns out ShunShun is a total softy. He just had a minor cut on a paw pad that hurt a lot. Got some pain medication and antibiotics just to be safe. Later that night we heard him already chasing mice on our roof….

And that is the story of how we acquired another cat with the title “may bite, but is also a total softy”
You just never know how they will act at the vet. Some sweet couch potatoes who turn into fierce fighters at the vet and sassy housecats that practically collapse at the vet. I did have a “red tagged“ girl who was sweet as pie until the vet or tech relaxed and then she went at them with teeth and claws.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We put in an adoption application for a dilute tortie kitten and they contacted us back asking if we’re sure and that everyone who has come in to see her ended up backing out because she doesn’t like being held 😭 tells me everything I need to know about her potential adopters and none of it says “I know cats”
1708724489162.png

Example A.
YanYan, acts like a spikey monster when you pick her up flailing like the world is ending. Typical non-ragdoll type cat. Also recently started giving me kitty kissys, slow blinking at me like I am the most beautiful thing in the world and cuddling in my lap for hours.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There has been more than a little blood shed (ours, of course) over the years in getting our cats into their carriers for a trip to the vet's. Of course, once you have the first one, all the rest know that something evil is afoot, with predictable results. They meow all the way there, but once inside? Dead silence. Then, those cats that acted like a teenager after drinking a six-pack of Red Bulls, just sit like a lump on the examining table, and scoot right back into their carriers. And then meow all the way home.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There has been more than a little blood shed (ours, of course) over the years in getting our cats into their carriers for a trip to the vet's. Of course, once you have the first one, all the rest know that something evil is afoot, with predictable results. They meow all the way there, but once inside? Dead silence. Then, those cats that acted like a teenager after drinking a six-pack of Red Bulls, just sit like a lump on the examining table, and scoot right back into their carriers. And then meow all the way home.
I warned the vet that Sarah could be a little difficult to handle. She's not a mean cat, but she's taken a bite-swipe at me for nail trims before and pilling her is like taking your life into your hands. So when they had to do a blood draw, I warned them. She sat on the table like a little Princess, purred at the tech gently restraining her and didn't even flinch when the vet did her job. Figures. I also bragged to the vet that Lila was the sweetest little thing and wouldn't hurt a fly, and she turned into a homicidal Thunder Cat once out of the carrier.
Then again, I've had people bring dogs into my grooming room and warn me that they'll need muzzled for brushing, nail trims, etc., and I never need to use the muzzle at all. (I had a Basset Hound fight me tooth and nail (literally) over a nail trim until we realized he was slipping and sliding on the slick floors, and when we kept him on a rug with some decent traction, he didn't care if I trimmed his nails or not. The poor thing was fighting because he couldn't keep his feet under him.)

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Then again, I've had people bring dogs into my grooming room and warn me that they'll need muzzled for brushing, nail trims, etc., and I never need to use the muzzle at all. (I had a Basset Hound fight me tooth and nail (literally) over a nail trim until we realized he was slipping and sliding on the slick floors, and when we kept him on a rug with some decent traction, he didn't care if I trimmed his nails or not. The poor thing was fighting because he couldn't keep his feet under him.)
Some of my favorite “The Girl With Dogs” videos on Youtube are exactly this scenario 😂

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My little Bella ( 6 1/2lbs) is feared by all at the Vets office- unless I hold her,she will hide her face under my chin and whinper like a wee puppy.... If someone tries to take her she freaks out screaming- 4 Vet techs brought her out to me when I brought her for a nail trim because it's so hard for me to "see". They refused to do her mostly because she was screaming so badly she was upsetting all the animals and the owners were getting upset as wel,wondering " what the heck are they doing to that poor cat"

Once in my arms,tiny whimpers - so if I hold her there are no problems- that's how I came to adopt Bella,she'd scream bloody murder from the moment someone adopted her sister - no one could comfort her,the screaming was unbearable- she hopped into my arms the day I lost my Beloved Cheech and that was 6yrs ago- she's a quiet little girl and wants to be held alot- my little beautiful Bella
IMG_20230625_091504488.jpg

The tortie,Max on the left

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YanYan, acts like a spikey monster when you pick her up flailing like the world is ending. Typical non-ragdoll type cat. Also recently started giving me kitty kissys, slow blinking at me like I am the most beautiful thing in the world and cuddling in my lap for hours.
Both Onsa and Samai are on my lap, in my face or just following me 24/7. But try to pick them up and hold them and there is so very much blood (mine).

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I warned the vet that Sarah could be a little difficult to handle. She's not a mean cat, but she's taken a bite-swipe at me for nail trims before and pilling her is like taking your life into your hands. So when they had to do a blood draw, I warned them. She sat on the table like a little Princess, purred at the tech gently restraining her and didn't even flinch when the vet did her job. Figures. I also bragged to the vet that Lila was the sweetest little thing and wouldn't hurt a fly, and she turned into a homicidal Thunder Cat once out of the carrier.
The funny thing is that while we get the full fang and claw treatment when loading the cats into their carriers, never once have they even attempted to bite or claw anyone at the vet's. Instead, they act like little angels, even when getting their nails clipped. They don't even hiss at anyone.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The funny thing is that while we get the full fang and claw treatment when loading the cats into their carriers, never once have they even attempted to bite or claw anyone at the vet's. Instead, they act like little angels, even when getting their nails clipped. They don't even hiss at anyone.
Reminds me of being a kid and raising absolute hell at home, and then being well behaved enough in public people complimented my parents. 🤣