What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got the invitation to my niece’s wedding this afternoon. They specified semi-formal to formal. For an outdoor summer evening reception. I am solidly plus size and dress up appropriately twice per decade. I about had a meltdown trying to figure out how to dress myself at this size for my cousin’s formal 50th birthday party a couple years ago. I ended up a bit undressed but survived. Hopefully a summer dress will be easier. Shoes too because I can’t do heels like that. Even though my bestie can alter stuff; this is such a challenge. :sigh:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the invitation to my niece’s wedding this afternoon. They specified semi-formal to formal. For an outdoor summer evening reception. I am solidly plus size and dress up appropriately twice per decade. I about had a meltdown trying to figure out how to dress myself at this size for my cousin’s formal 50th birthday party a couple years ago. I ended up a bit undressed but survived. Hopefully a summer dress will be easier. Shoes too because I can’t do heels like that. Even though my bestie can alter stuff; this is such a challenge. :sigh:
Surely outdoors no one will be in heels- if they're smart,lol

A summer dress sounds lovely-less is always more- the simplest of summer dresses can be transformed into semi formal by wearing a dark solid color and adding a string of pearls-you know,the old reliable " little black dress" or a beautiful royal blue .....

Have a wonderful time,just being BEAUTIFUL YOU ❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Surely outdoors no one will be in heels- if they're smart,lol
Exactly! I know you generally need more arch support MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , but for a summer wedding I bet you could find a fancy set of sandals. Definitely go for wedges if you want heels, though. I remember my little kitten heels absolutely sinking in the dirt when we tried to do outdoor wedding photos from my own wedding.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind is how ridiculously warm it is right now for February. Yesterday was 14C. And we haven't had much snow since winter started. I'm worried this will be the norm from now on and only get worse...
Not a drop of snow here in Minnesota and not a big snowstorm since October!

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a surpise snow fall a few weeks ago north side of the house still has some snow south side it looks like spring. But with the weather in MI anything is the norm. Seems like we have had more windy winter days with no snow. But when it does snow it's those great big flakes that I love watching. And that little ground hog Pete supposedly predicted an early spring..not sure I trust an over grown guinea pig with weather prediction, but then again the weather forecast folks aren't that reliable either.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Exactly! I know you generally need more arch support MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , but for a summer wedding I bet you could find a fancy set of sandals. Definitely go for wedges if you want heels, though. I remember my little kitten heels absolutely sinking in the dirt when we tried to do outdoor wedding photos from my own wedding.
I’ve been having a wicked flare with foot pain so if it were now; heels wouldn’t be an option at all. I hope I can find sandals that are ok and support my arches without being granny style. Its much easier in like a casual sundress with Birks style sandals. I guess I could always change to something more comfortable after the ceremony since that’s in a church. A blouse with dress capris or more typical Sunday dress would be way easier.

Im looking at this dress: Butterfly Mesh Patchwork Wrap Belted Dress

I think I can dress it up with something sparkly or even changing the belt to something black satin. Its affordable too. I know I see women my age and size dress up; so things are out there. But gosh I’m almost more comfortable with the idea of going naked. :lol: I may have to ask my step cousin where she finds things. Because right now a gown might as well be a space suit for how familiar I am with wearing one. I’ve got to remember these girls had their proms and formals on the football fields because of the pandemic. So they think sneakers and formals are ok. 🤪 (Actually my niece didn’t get a prom or senior homecoming; so maybe that’s why she wants a formal wedding. Her fiancé had a prom for just the 2 of them in a barn or something like that. 🥹)

I’m going to text my SIL next week for a better idea of what the venue is like. That might help.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been having a wicked flare with foot pain so if it were now; heels wouldn’t be an option at all. I hope I can find sandals that are ok and support my arches without being granny style. Its much easier in like a casual sundress with Birks style sandals. I guess I could always change to something more comfortable after the ceremony since that’s in a church. A blouse with dress capris or more typical Sunday dress would be way easier.

I think I can dress it up with something sparkly or even changing the belt to something black satin. Its affordable too. I know I see women my age and size dress up; so things are out there. But gosh I’m almost more comfortable with the idea of going naked. :lol: I may have to ask my step cousin where she finds things. Because right now a gown might as well be a space suit for how familiar I am with wearing one. I’ve got to remember these girls had their proms and formals on the football fields because of the pandemic. So they think sneakers and formals are ok. 🤪 (Actually my niece didn’t get a prom or senior homecoming; so maybe that’s why she wants a formal wedding. Her fiancé had a prom for just the 2 of them in a barn or something like that. 🥹)

I’m going to text my SIL next week for a better idea of what the venue is like. That might help.
That dress is so pretty! Love the butterflies!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

It's lovely- I think it's going to be very appropriate and your idea of a black satin belt sound perfect to suit the occasion..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I liked that dress so much that I opened an account and added it to my wishlist. So, there's that! It is LOVELY!
I think I’m going to order it even if it doesn’t work for the wedding. I can still wear it to church. They do free returns and I’ve been browsing their site for probably a year or more. 😅 They were doing a lot of advertising via influencers and it was nice to see their things on a real variety of plus size bodies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They were doing a lot of advertising via influencers and it was nice to see their things on a real variety of plus size bodies.
Shopping, especially online, is SO tricky when you're a plus size! And I am! I was thrilled to add another source to my suppliers, so THANK YOU for that!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the cats got fixed except Holden, the 10 year old. The vet couldn't find his boy parts and she said she was fairly confident that he is already neutered. Do you think she was correct? Or are boy parts hard to find when they are that old? Who could have neutered him? I never saw him with a human all those years outside, he was always alone. I doubt he was neutered early on because he used to spray our garage when he like one or two years old.
IMG_20240210_215529.jpg
IMG_20240208_201801.jpg
IMG_20240208_201541_tmp.jpg

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
All the cats got fixed except Holden, the 10 year old. The vet couldn't find his boy parts and she said she was fairly confident that he is already neutered. Do you think she was correct? Or are boy parts hard to find when they are that old? Who could have neutered him? I never saw him with a human all those years outside, he was always alone. I doubt he was neutered early on because he used to spray our garage when he like one or two years old.View attachment 470592View attachment 470593View attachment 470594
If the vet can’t find them then I would be comfortable they aren’t there.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bet you are relieved to have that all done!

It is very likely that my mother will be having her 20 year old cat that everyone (especially DS) loves so much helped across The Rainbow Bridge in a little bit. 😔 He looked SO uncomfortable in the pictures she sent the last few days. Even knowing its time…ugh. I think I’m going to run to the store and find a treat for lunch for my kids. Try to soften the sadness. :sigh:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
All the cats got fixed except Holden, the 10 year old. The vet couldn't find his boy parts and she said she was fairly confident that he is already neutered. Do you think she was correct? Or are boy parts hard to find when they are that old? Who could have neutered him? I never saw him with a human all those years outside, he was always alone. I doubt he was neutered early on because he used to spray our garage when he like one or two years old.View attachment 470592View attachment 470593View attachment 470594
Whaaaat? Did the Vet not consider Holden to be a cryptorchid? I mean typically you can see whether they were snipped or they have never dropped- I'm confused by " can't find them"

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whaaaat? Did the Vet not consider Holden to be a cryptorchid? I mean typically you can see whether they were snipped or they have never dropped- I'm confused by " can't find them"
I don't know. She said she looked all over and couldn't find them. She said she looked at his privates and it didn't have any barbs on it, so that means he was probably neutered many years ago. I never saw him with any humans ever.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. She said she looked all over and couldn't find them. She said she looked at his privates and it didn't have any barbs on it, so that means he was probably neutered many years ago. I never saw him with any humans ever.
Well that's how to diffetentiate- castration causes regression of penile spines by removing the testosterone source..... so now I sew why she said that,thanks for the clarification

You must feel relieved now that they are all done- yay!👍❤