What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a pretty solid cabinet for our tv. There are 2 straps on the back that go from near the top of the tv to the cabinet’s back side. Most of our big furniture is bolted to the wall from the kids being little but not that one. We used sturdy eye-hooks and these big zip ties if we didn’t have kits from the furniture itself.

Oh and my mother’s 19 year old cat considered taking down their tv today when my mom tried playing some cat videos for her. I told her about your recent experience. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm somewhat annoyed. Not really. :tongue:.

My grandkittens are settling in with DD and DS. I wanted to get them some gifts because it's my right to spoil them. DD already bought everything they need. I'm trying to come up with some fun things for them that she didn't think of. Some interactive toys they can play with while their mom & dad are at work. Any suggestions?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My grandkittens are settling in with DD and DS. I wanted to get them some gifts because it's my right to spoil them. DD already bought everything they need. I'm trying to come up with some fun things for them that she didn't think of. Some interactive toys they can play with while their mom & dad are at work. Any suggestions?
one of those big plastic jars of planters cheese balls(after you've eaten them all) :lol:put a few holes into the lid buy some meal worms /super worms or crickets toss a few in cap the lid back onand walk away cats graycie gets all day fun easily pushing a clear plastic jar around trying to get any feeder insects i place in them😐atleast she did until gf couldnt take seeing bugs moving around no more and banned it:lol: do make sure its a screw on lid though

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
one of those big plastic jars of planters cheese balls(after you've eaten them all) :lol:put a few holes into the lid buy some meal worms /super worms or crickets toss a few in cap the lid back onand walk away cats graycie gets all day fun easily pushing a clear plastic jar around trying to get any feeder insects i place in them😐atleast she did until gf couldnt take seeing bugs moving around no more and banned it:lol: do make sure its a screw on lid though
I don't like bugs,my cats would love it but I'd be soooo creeper out by crickets( not worms so much)

Used to have a beautiful little bearded dragon and kept a tub of crickets for him - one day I accidentally dropped the tub,the crickets mostly fell in my little fellows tank and he almost died from eating too many crickets but survived with some TLC and help to pass them .... GM it was a nightmare but thank God for kitty cats who hunted them down ,I don't think I let my feet touch the floor until the cats stopped prowling..... crickets are really gross

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
,I don't think I let my feet touch the floor until the cats stopped prowling..... crickets are really gross
Crickets are one of my death fears (sharks are the other). I have no problem with spiders, snakes, scorpions, even a tarantula hawk doesn't bother me....but a cricket? I would rather face a bear.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Crickets are one of my death fears (sharks are the other). I have no problem with spiders, snakes, scorpions, even a tarantula hawk doesn't bother me....but a cricket? I would rather face a bear.
Oh my - sharks my number one( phobia- bad) then come bugs,the prehistoric looking cockroach of Florida (Palmetto bug) are things nightmares are made of . Im with you,lions ,tigers,bears- np But a bug?Noooooooo way!.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like bugs,my cats would love it but I'd be soooo creeper out by crickets( not worms so much)

Used to have a beautiful little bearded dragon and kept a tub of crickets for him - one day I accidentally dropped the tub,the crickets mostly fell in my little fellows tank and he almost died from eating too many crickets but survived with some TLC and help to pass them .... GM it was a nightmare but thank God for kitty cats who hunted them down ,I don't think I let my feet touch the floor until the cats stopped prowling..... crickets are really gross
At one place where I worked, my toolboxes were near a window where a large spider had taken up residence. Every so often I would go outside and catch a cricket and toss it onto the spider's web for a little change in diet. The spider was about the size of a half-dollar, and would come charging out to nab his (its?) prey.
The only animal I fear is a skunk, because they are, at least in this area, the main carrier of rabies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Really wondering how long our printer will last with all the 11 pounds of graycie jumping and sitting ontop of it each day
When I bought my current printer, I specifically asked the salesperson at Staples, IF it could withstand a 15 lb cat on it, daily... He said, 'Oh yeah, no problem.." That was a few years ago. The only feature Geoffrey has broken is the automatic feeding slide. That is because it kind of stuck out at an angle--- when I forgot to fold it up and in.... sigh....

IMG_1389.jpeg

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I have something somewhat similar for Willow - a tall thin water bottle that I have cut holes in. I fill it with kibble and she knocks it around to shake them out.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Get them a thing for growing cat grass. Our cats went crazy over it.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
When I bought my current printer, I specifically asked the salesperson at Staples, IF it could withstand a 15 lb cat on it, daily... He said, 'Oh yeah, no problem.." That was a few years ago. The only feature Geoffrey has broken is the automatic feeding slide. That is because it kind of stuck out at an angle--- when I forgot to fold it up and in.... sigh....

View attachment 471705
I love how when a cat is on a printer or taking up keyboard space, the object always seems to be: “How can I make this thing go away? I’m obviously much more important.” (Maybe it’s why they launch themselves off these things…a bonus point scored if it ‘accidentally’ falls and crashes).

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, my poor baby not only has an ear infection, she's cutting TWO molars according to the pediatrician today. It's like a recipe for maximum misery.

Mama didn't get a lot of sleep last night and even though it's nice and I should take the girls outside, we're just sitting here watching tv instead. Maybe tomorrow.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh, my poor baby not only has an ear infection, she's cutting TWO molars according to the pediatrician today. It's like a recipe for maximum misery.

Mama didn't get a lot of sleep last night and even though it's nice and I should take the girls outside, we're just sitting here watching tv instead. Maybe tomorrow.
Why do those two things always seem to show up together? Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon. We gave DD whole dill pickles to gnaw on when she was teething and they work great. We gave her the Claussen pickles. She will be 29 soon and still loves pickles.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We hyper speed introduced KoKo to the big cats with great success. She was only in a separate covered cage for one day with the usual mealtimes near each other to mix scents, three more days of her staying in the cage when we were away (just to be cautious) and monitored play time but then we noticed YanYan had stopped hissing. Spent a day observing body language and they even booped noses once.

So she now has free roam with the big cats, no aggression at all from any of them. I even moved KoKo’s plate down to the mat where the big cats eat then all of them spent the next hour sampling each others food and socializing. YanYan did growl during this but it was because XiaoXiao tried to take over her bowl after licking the other plates clean lmao