What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks today made kinda rethink the whole i wanna fast,sudden clean no lingering around type death gf did all her crying over this and accepting . after all those er trips and rapid decline of her moms health these past few months.
So sorry you guys are going through this.
Even when it’s expected, there will be sad days.
My BF (now hubby) and I had the roughest patch when my grandma passed, even though she’d been sick for a while.
Grief takes time.
Be kind with each other.
❤

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh that's SO pretty!! I bet you can find some kind of paper that will look amazing!
Well I found this.
1681786512417.png

It's incredible, but it's $370 a roll. That's a bit out of my budget and the rolls are really long. I don't think Mr Husband will let me go full Goth and wrap the bedroom in purple flowers and ravens.

:lol:

And then I found this.

1681786661818.png

Which is only $7 a roll and one roll might just be enough to cover the set of drawers I have.

So maybe that's what I'll do. I'll post some pictures if I do it.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Think about emailing the publicity department of the company that makes the magnificent rhododendron, raven, magpie wall paper. Explain that you are interested in using a portion of a roll for a craft project, (provide details as you did here) and would write an entry for a popular web site with an international audience. You do not need an entire roll, only X feet so an offcut would be adequate. See what they say. What do you have to lose?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Think about emailing the publicity department of the company that makes the magnificent rhododendron, raven, magpie wall paper. Explain that you are interested in using a portion of a roll for a craft project, (provide details as you did here) and would write an entry for a popular web site with an international audience. You do not need an entire roll, only X feet so an offcut would be adequate. See what they say. What do you have to lose?
Well, they do sell little samples for $7 a square. Not big enough to cover the drawers, but I was thinking about buying a few different samples in similar colours and then framing them.

:idea:

I'll have to run it by Mr H first of all. He wanted to keep his snowboards in the bedroom and I told him they had to live in the shed, so I need to get his approval on any projects I start.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they do sell little samples for $7 a square. Not big enough to cover the drawers, but I was thinking about buying a few different samples in similar colours and then framing them.

:idea:

I'll have to run it by Mr H first of all. He wanted to keep his snowboards in the bedroom and I told him they had to live in the shed, so I need to get his approval on any projects I start.

Have you considered using fabric and Modpod? I did a small cabinet a few years back and used fabric and Modpod. The person I did it for still has it as far as I am aware. Have you looked on Spoonflower for wallpaper? (Or fabric?)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to change the subject.. But..
I got caught up with Season 3 of Picard... all is left is the finale, which will be streamed on Thursday..

All I can say is WOW... amazing.. just incredible for any fan of The Next Generation.. and Star Trek in general. I had to watch each episode Twice! and will be re-watching the entire season.. and probably again!! The writing, special effects, story line is awesome. Full development of the characters! and updating their lives since TNG finished.

They did such a good job with this series. It is on Paramount Plus.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I found this.
View attachment 447990

It's incredible, but it's $370 a roll. That's a bit out of my budget and the rolls are really long. I don't think Mr Husband will let me go full Goth and wrap the bedroom in purple flowers and ravens.

:lol:

And then I found this.

View attachment 447991

Which is only $7 a roll and one roll might just be enough to cover the set of drawers I have.

So maybe that's what I'll do. I'll post some pictures if I do it.
I like the mushrooms and snails. The color pops against the black background. Framing pieces sounds nice too! (And snowboards in the bedroom?! :nono::lol2:)

Some places might sell remnants. That could work too.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just got back from a 5 day mini vacation and my cat is glued to me like a limpet. Thought he’d snub me but it’s surely nice to be this loved. A sweet homecoming.
I hope you enjoyed your vacation! Mine will occasionally snub me for an hour or so but it never lasts. 🐱

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In the past week, we've had multiple 80 degree days, snow, sleet, and a freeze warning. Oh, Ohio. You tried to April correctly. :sigh:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you enjoyed your vacation! Mine will occasionally snub me for an hour or so but it never lasts. 🐱
Aw. kind of you to ask. AZ was great but the flux of air conditioners and a slopey car rental seat gave me a cold and put my back out. Lessons learned and still would not have traded the experience. The desert is humbling and awesome.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Aw. kind of you to ask. AZ was great but the flux of air conditioners and a slopey car rental seat gave me a cold and put my back out. Lessons learned and still would not have traded the experience. The desert is humbling and awesome.
I have visited the AZ desert too! It's beautiful, but I can't handle that heat for very long! I'm sorry about your back, is it getting better?

Status
Not open for further replies.