What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I have visited the AZ desert too! It's beautiful, but I can't handle that heat for very long! I'm sorry about your back, is it getting better?
Aw. Again, kind of you to ask. I think when your back goes out, it’s your body’s way of telling you you’re juggling too many balls. that’s the time to let go of responsibility and just be. Fortunately cats have healing powers.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Aw. Again, kind of you to ask. I think when your back goes out, it’s your body’s way of telling you you’re juggling too many balls. that’s the time to let go of responsibility and just be. Fortunately cats have healing powers.
Take care of yourself, and get some rest! And let the kitties do their work. :catrub:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The time for one of my kid’s evening extracurricular got moved and now they are both supposed to be dropped off and picked up at the same time at different locations. :dizzy: I DO NOT like feeling rushed driving around. They aren’t far apart but one street can be busy so I’ve been using a neighborhood entrance to do a u turn. Someone is going to have to be dropped off early and someone is going to be picked up a few minutes late! I don’t know what else I’m supposed to do!:dunno:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
~ The most important thing that you do is to "Drive Safely " ...
Yes!! I guess if anyone complains I’ll just tell them I can’t be in 2 places at once. That call was on them not me! :dizzy: It actually might be easier getting DD 2nd because I drive right by again on our way home. So that’s one less u-turn. Sometime the group leaders try to talk to parents after about activities and things coming up or what their kids are up to. Thats hard if I’m trying to be in 2 places at once.:dunno:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today marks 6 years since an accident took my nephew’s life. It’s weird because I knew it was coming up but it also wasn’t forefront in my mind a couple days ago when I felt the tired blues come on. I didn’t connect it to this but maybe my subconscious did. Or maybe its hormonal or a combination. It does feel a little different than past years because his 16th birthday is soon too. Such a milestone birthday ya know? I see friends posting pictures at the DMV with their teens and think how we should be seeing that milestone. Maybe thats why too. Tomorrow is also his mama’s birthday. Say a little prayer for her peace with me? He was her world.

I’m glad its Friday.:sleep2:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Today marks 6 years since an accident took my nephew’s life. It’s weird because I knew it was coming up but it also wasn’t forefront in my mind a couple days ago when I felt the tired blues come on. I didn’t connect it to this but maybe my subconscious did. Or maybe its hormonal or a combination. It does feel a little different than past years because his 16th birthday is soon too. Such a milestone birthday ya know? I see friends posting pictures at the DMV with their teens and think how we should be seeing that milestone. Maybe thats why too. Tomorrow is also his mama’s birthday. Say a little prayer for her peace with me? He was her world.

I’m glad its Friday.:sleep2:
So so sad to lose a child. I am sorry for you both. Grief has a way of sneaking up on you and dumping a fresh wave of it.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
So I just found out that the meaning of the words Arctic and Antarctic are Bears and No Bears.

:flail:
Was thinking of this post a bit, as I just found out that black jaguars and panthers are just regular jaguars and panthers (or leopards) but with more melanin. All these years thought they were a separate species, like Bagheera in the Jungle Book.:ruminating:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I thought I'd clean out the "random" cabinet in my kitchen. I stuff random things in there that have no real place of belonging. I pulled out a recipe file and went through most of it, then found another and set it aside. I found a stash of coupons that are still good, along with instructions for some DIY stuff I had wanted to try. So all in all, I've been working for 2 hours and have accomplished nothing. :lol:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I'd clean out the "random" cabinet in my kitchen. I stuff random things in there that have no real place of belonging. I pulled out a recipe file and went through most of it, then found another and set it aside. I found a stash of coupons that are still good, along with instructions for some DIY stuff I had wanted to try. So all in all, I've been working for 2 hours and have accomplished nothing. :lol:
I am attempting to organize dozens of rolls of tape that were scattered between floors of the house and the garage. I believe I have enough rolls of masking tape to mask the entire house twice over. And rolls of mystery tape that must have some purpose I might have known at one point but don’t now. I am down the rabbit hole of tape and expect to spend the day on it.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am attempting to organize dozens of rolls of tape that were scattered between floors of the house and the garage. I believe I have enough rolls of masking tape to mask the entire house twice over. And rolls of mystery tape that must have some purpose I might have known at one point but don’t now. I am down the rabbit hole of tape and expect to spend the day on it.
Sounds like you're really STUCK on that project! :paperbag: :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suppose that gummed up your plans. :disappointed:

There are rolls of tape all over our house but the clear scotch tape kind. I have a fancy proper dispenser the kids aren't supposed to make off with but they do. Even DD who has a funny red high heel one that my mom had on her desk at work before she retired. When she was 6 or 7 I got her a 3 pack and put it in her Christmas stocking because she was forever making things with tape. I still clearly remember her excited "TAPE!!!" when she found that. :flail:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I suppose that gummed up your plans. :disappointed:

There are rolls of tape all over our house but the clear scotch tape kind. I have a fancy proper dispenser the kids aren't supposed to make off with but they do. Even DD who has a funny red high heel one that my mom had on her desk at work before she retired. When she was 6 or 7 I got her a 3 pack and put it in her Christmas stocking because she was forever making things with tape. I still clearly remember her excited "TAPE!!!" when she found that. :flail:
I love that visual!! That had to be so cute when she found that tape!
I had some of that tape you use on wood floors to keep rugs from sticking. It needed replaced so I pulled it up, balled it up, and tossed it to the side. Lila and Livie both made a beeline for it. Lila swatted it and it stuck to her foot and she leaped, it dislodged, and she ran off. Livie tried to pick it up and it stuck to her nose for a second. She got SO MAD and was growling and trying to pick it up without it sticking to her nose or whiskers. It doesn't help that her growl sounds like a toy car that's in need of a new battery. Neither one of those two will look at a ball of tape anymore!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I am attempting to organize dozens of rolls of tape that were scattered between floors of the house and the garage. I believe I have enough rolls of masking tape to mask the entire house twice over.
Oh, same here! I have so much tape. Brown tape, white tape, cloth tape printed with kimono fabric, Christmas tape, clear tape, tape with kittens on it that is way too cute to ever use.......

What I want to know is what happens to my scissors? I had five pairs at the beginning of this year and now I'm down to two. Where do they go?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, same here! I have so much tape. Brown tape, white tape, cloth tape printed with kimono fabric, Christmas tape, clear tape, tape with kittens on it that is way too cute to ever use.......

What I want to know is what happens to my scissors? I had five pairs at the beginning of this year and now I'm down to two. Where do they go?
My kids get the default blame for that too.

Rulers also go MIA around our house. I was trying to measure DS the other day and ended up finding a stack of them in our school supply drawer. I don’t know who to blame for cleaning up!! :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.