What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is our wedding anniversary.
We both failed the math, though, and didn’t realize it was our 25th.
He’s working out of town, and I’m at home playing referee with the resident and new cats.

We’re already talking about making it up next year. lol
Hawaii has been mentioned. 😉

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure. I know J is very impulsive, and probably dealing with jealousy. Hopefully they'll get along when they're older, but who knows.
J is barely more than a baby herself. She doesn't know better yet but she will learn. I'm sure they will be getting along fine soon. They are still adjusting. :hugs:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Headed to the eye doctor in about an hour. I think my cataracts are thickening. I can still see pretty well, but the halos around lights are getting more pronounced, and when I'm reading, words that fall in a specific area in my field of vision appear lighter than the rest of the page. I'm fairly sure I'm a ways from needed surgery yet, though.
~ I am overdue for cataract surgery on one eye. People I know that have had the procedure rave about the results.
" I'll be seeing you ... " 👀"'​

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I am overdue for cataract surgery on one eye. People I know that have had the procedure rave about the results.
" I'll be seeing you ... " 👀"'​
Yes, there are a number of us that have had it done. I have cataracts in both eyes but only one was at the point where it had greatly affected vision to the point I couldn’t even read the top line on the eye chart so I only had the one done. It’s a very fast procedure, minimal discomfort afterwards and after a week or two I had my full vision back. I thought the drops you need multiple times a day for the first month were a nuisance but that was the only down side,

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s a good thing I have a bit of OCD. Earlier this spring had new gutters and gutter guard put on the front of my house. But lately I have noticed all the little spinners are sticking out of the gutter, something that shouldn’t have happened with the guards I chose. I really really hate to call companies to complain but I did call the roofing company and left a message explaining my concern. The sales manager called me back and sweetly told me that they installed what I selected and she was sorry I wasnt happy with them. They could redo them of course for $$

Fortunately, I kept every email we exchanged before I signed the contract and found the ones that clearly showed that what they installed was not what I ordered. I forwarded them on to the manager and she got back to me within an hour , admitting it was their mistake and that they will be back out asap to install the right gutter guards.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH has been wanting something for our gutters. Between the helicopters off the maple tree and the needles off the pine trees; its a pain cleaning gutters! We’ve just got so much else going on that I hope he can wait another year or two.

We finally have an install date for out floors. Monday, July 3rd! I also have the paint for the foyer and living room. I’m just trying to line up help for moving the wood stove, my china cabinet, the elliptical and our couches. Being power reclining I’m not sure how easy they are to move! Everything else is easy enough with floor sliders.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
DH has been wanting something for our gutters. Between the helicopters off the maple tree and the needles off the pine trees; its a pain cleaning gutters! We’ve just got so much else going on that I hope he can wait another year or two.

We finally have an install date for out floors. Monday, July 3rd! I also have the paint for the foyer and living room. I’m just trying to line up help for moving the wood stove, my china cabinet, the elliptical and our couches. Being power reclining I’m not sure how easy they are to move! Everything else is easy enough with floor sliders.
If your recliner sofa is like my former one it’s HEAVY. You can check the underside though and see if it can be separated into two or three pieces. I expect your elliptical is heavy to move as well.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If your recliner sofa is like my former one it’s HEAVY. You can check the underside though and see if it can be separated into two or three pieces. I expect your elliptical is heavy to move as well.
I told my husband I thought they brought the couches in In pieces. I’ll have to see what I can find out!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I told my husband I thought they brought the couches in In pieces. I’ll have to see what I can find out!
In case this helps you, when my sofa was laid it on its back all the pieces were connected to a metal bar and we Just had to take some bolts out release the pieces. On a different topic, the roofers are already here this morning to switch out my gutter covers! A good start to my day!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is anything like a Lay-Z-Boy, the tops come off. There is a latch at the bottom of the top piece; which connects to the bottom. It is easy to unlatch and move..
Good Luck!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it is anything like a Lay-Z-Boy, the tops come off. There is a latch at the bottom of the top piece; which connects to the bottom. It is easy to unlatch and move..
Good Luck!
It is LaZBoy brand. I’m going to check their website for instructions! That would help us out a lot.

OnyxTen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We probably could make good use of one! I think either way we have to go down 3 steps with it. Have carpet and hard floor sliders but getting through the doors is probably the hardest part.

My father in law suggested hiring a moving company. I’m still not sure if he was serious or not. :lol:
If you have to we had a really bad experience with Two Men and a Truck. Maybe it's by location but they damaged all of the furniture when moving to my mother's assisted living unit. I'm sure it's not every experience though or they wouldn't be in business but just a bit cautious now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
im mad at my city bus ! they dont come all the way to my apartment and im forced to use a cane every where i go just so that i can ride the dang bus .... im not a happy camper
Are you eligible for a paratransit service? I'm not sure if every area has that or its limitations; but it might help.
If you have to we had a really bad experience with Two Men and a Truck. Maybe it's by location but they damaged all of the furniture when moving to my mother's assisted living unit. I'm sure it's not every experience though or they wouldn't be in business but just a bit cautious now.
Oh thats awful. I'm hoping my friends husband can come help and it won't come to that. I'm fairly strong but a few things are just really really heavy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember if I asked this here yet, but I asked on Facebook and they told me to get a facial toner. I'm having a huge problem with oily face. I mean it's hideous. My face is an oil pit even an hour after my shower! It makes no sense. I blot it with a paper towel, but the oil comes right back! What can I do?! I need to fix this. Should I try a toner? Would it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.