What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Summer job still working out good.One shop I stopped at,they seen the order was big and told me to back up to the door.A couple of his employees helped me unload and put a couple core batteries in to take back as cores.Work 9:00am to 2:00 pm

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW. Five gold stars for Rescue Remedy. My vet treats him with it on rare, delightful occasions and Zorro gets deliciously giddy for hours after, his purr booming. He gives me little love nips. I see they have this for humans as well, but after watching my cat, I think one of us needs to keep their eyes on the road.

OnyxTen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My first reply and I'm wondering how I'm going to do all that needs to be done. Mother is in Assisted Living. She got placed there 2 months ago as she developed a bad case of celulitis that would not stop weeping. It still weeps badly and the heel to her left foot is in terrible condition. Doctors have tried everything but Mom is chalking up the health condition to her being 2 months away from her 100th birthday. I have no one but myself but I'm taking care of things around here while making sure her needs are met. It was the time of her going into hospital, then rehab and finally assisted living my 2 ferals; Onyx and Ten showed up.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My first reply and I'm wondering how I'm going to do all that needs to be done. Mother is in Assisted Living. She got placed there 2 months ago as she developed a bad case of celulitis that would not stop weeping. It still weeps badly and the heel to her left foot is in terrible condition. Doctors have tried everything but Mom is chalking up the health condition to her being 2 months away from her 100th birthday. I have no one but myself but I'm taking care of things around here while making sure her needs are met. It was the time of her going into hospital, then rehab and finally assisted living my 2 ferals; Onyx and Ten showed up.
Nice to see your post. There are a number of us here who have gone through the hospital/extended care/nursing home experience with parents or loved ones. It is truly exhausting and emotional. Good that you have you cat friends to help you through. Hopefully some other friends as well.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are diligently working on packing boxes to get things out of the way for our flooring to be installed. Let’s just say I’ve grossly underestimated how many books I have. :paperbag: Between my personal reading, childrens books, and school books… I’m a library.:dizzy: Thankfully DH is doing the heavy lifting and stacking in the garage. Right now I’m extremely grateful we aren’t packing the whole house up!

OnyxTen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are diligently working on packing boxes to get things out of the way for our flooring to be installed. Let’s just say I’ve grossly underestimated how many books I have. :paperbag: Between my personal reading, childrens books, and school books… I’m a library.:dizzy: Thankfully DH is doing the heavy lifting and stacking in the garage. Right now I’m extremely grateful we aren’t packing the whole house up!
I understand that. My books were ruined as had intruder so those have to be pitched. It's a chore which I'm doing alone however. Found a professional organizer through thumbtack to help me with all of this.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We just had a short, but intense, storm. North of here, there are tornado warnings all over the place and the weather man has been on most of the evening. I think two have touched down and caused damage. :(
When the hail started here, I opened the door and Lila ran out AND REFUSED TO COME BACK IN. Even though there was pea sized hail falling from the sky. For such a princess she sure doesn't mind looking like a nut. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cousin got himself a black eye running out in a big hail storm when we were kids. It was closer to quarter size and so unusual for the area we were fascinated! My grandpa drove around taking pictures of the storm damage afterwards. We froze some hail to play with in the summer too. :lol: All the car dealerships in the area were not amused!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cousin got himself a black eye running out in a big hail storm when we were kids. It was closer to quarter size and so unusual for the area we were fascinated! My grandpa drove around taking pictures of the storm damage afterwards. We froze some hail to play with in the summer too. :lol: All the car dealerships in the area were not amused!
I hope it was a hail storm in the winter. A summer hail usually means bad things.
That, and if you ever see the sky turn a light shade of greenish color, run for your basement.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope it was a hail storm in the winter. A summer hail usually means bad things.
That, and if you ever see the sky turn a light shade of greenish color, run for your basement.
Definitely not winter. The trees are in full leaf in the pictures. My mother was working a second job at the time and called to warn us at my grandparents because the storm was headed our direction after hitting where she worked. I have some of the pictures my grandpa took and he probably dated them but my albums are packed away.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That green sky is freaky looking. I've seen it a few times and we (luckily) never got a tornado out of the deal but straight line winds with massive thunder and lightning!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let’s just say I’ve grossly underestimated how many books I have.
I am SO in touch! I currently have some 1330 books in my apartment, give or take 20. LOL, I told my son that when we look to buy my house, we need space for 3,000 books, at least. He gulped. REALLY loudly.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am SO in touch! I currently have some 1330 books in my apartment, give or take 20. LOL, I told my son that when we look to buy my house, we need space for 3,000 books, at least. He gulped. REALLY loudly.
I've always wanted one of those super high-ceiling'ed rooms full of book cases (complete with a sliding ladder) with a fireplace and a comfortable chair in the corner. I'd never leave!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If my husband comments I’ll just remind him how many more there would be if I didn’t have my Kindle. 😇
I've always wanted one of those super high-ceiling'ed rooms full of book cases (complete with a sliding ladder) with a fireplace and a comfortable chair in the corner. I'd never leave!!
Bliss!! :cloud9:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
didn't take M off the floor and J clawed her in the face so hard she bled and it took forever to calm her down.
Awww, sorry that happened. Do they usually get along? It's not your fault, you couldn't know that would happen. I would just remind her to be gentle with baby sister. She'll get it in time. ❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, sorry that happened. Do they usually get along? It's not your fault, you couldn't know that would happen. I would just remind her to be gentle with baby sister. She'll get it in time. ❤
I'm not sure. I know J is very impulsive, and probably dealing with jealousy. Hopefully they'll get along when they're older, but who knows.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My grandma passed away this weekend. She was several years over 100 and had really declined in quality of life the last few years. We know she was satisfied with her life and ready to move on.

I’m not going to be able to make the funeral since it’s happening quickly. At her age; my aunt and dad had most of it planned for some time. Im also getting over a cold and have kids at various camps and things right now. My dad really stressed not coming and interrupting those. We plan to visit later this summer and will visit the gravesite then.

I’m just wondering about grave site etiquette with leaving flowers. I will have to see if they have rules and guidelines. I haven’t been back since my grandfather’s burial over 10 years ago but I know a number of relatives are buried there. I might need a map. 😣

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My grandma passed away this weekend.
Fair winds and following seas, dear Lady. Fair winds and following seas!

Headed to the eye doctor in about an hour. I think my cataracts are thickening. I can still see pretty well, but the halos around lights are getting more pronounced, and when I'm reading, words that fall in a specific area in my field of vision appear lighter than the rest of the page. I'm fairly sure I'm a ways from needed surgery yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.