What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The great flood of 2023 and it’s aftermath is over. After all of yesterdays sweeping and dumping water I woke up feeling insanely stiff and sore this morning but twenty minutes on the rower helped so much. When I finished I vacuumed up a few remaining wet spots, turned on the dehumidifier and moved things back to their usual places.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear you. I get intermittent visits from Internet Man here, who informs me that if that “tree gets any bigger I won’t have any service left!“ Maybe that’s a good thing.
And after that I spent hours yesterday transferring to a new carrier! I had to go to the community room in the village because the signal isn’t strong enough for the phone to pick up in the units unless you sort of hang out the front door. Took ages, but it’s done at last. Weirdly keeps bouncing to 3G on my data, which the 8 never did, but as long as it connects me and doesn’t drop out, I’ll live with it. So apart from Woollies being on Telstra’s network (no surprise since it’s the biggest) I’m free of those idiots at last - and I’ll get discounts on kitty litter!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
What a mess. I'm glad they at least got the pump replaced for you so hopefully it won't happen again.
I almost feel guilty posting this now but I worked outside for an hour or so and got some of the flower beds and the garden weeded out. Everything is an absolute mess because, with everything going on with Tag last summer/fall, absolutely nothing got done or cleaned up for the winter so I've got my work cut out for me. The cats hung out in their catio and watched me get muddy and stuck with old thistles! Livie ran all over the yard and got put back inside when she became fixated on eating rabbit poop. :barfgreen:
Spring is coming here too. We may have had eleven inches of snow less four days ango and still about a foot of it covering my yard but they are forecasting temps in the 70’s next week. Insane but in a good way.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
While Monday was not a good day, yesterday was. I received my final bid for redoing my garage electrical, accepted it and they are coming this afternoon to do the work. This project will give me something I have really needed for safety reasons - a porch light by my main entry door and also some extra outlets in the garage. I need to spend some time this morning moving things to get ready for them but well worth it.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, the way they were preparing us for this storm made me believe we'd be visiting Oz, but it got windy for about 15 minutes, splat some rain around, and then the storm was like "LOL BYE" and that was it. At least we didn't get any wind damage. I hope everyone else in it's path had good luck like we did!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the way they were preparing us for this storm made me believe we'd be visiting Oz, but it got windy for about 15 minutes, splat some rain around, and then the storm was like "LOL BYE" and that was it. At least we didn't get any wind damage. I hope everyone else in it's path had good luck like we did!
Sounds like you live in texas!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
:redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:People with epilepsy can now have surgery. Maybe animals can have it too some day. I am anxiously waiting to hear back from my doc.
Can you send a link for this info? My sister has always had epilepsy. I think she’d be way too afraid to try, bit if this is new info, please let me know. I knew some one who had experimental surgery back in the 1990’s and it made him worse, alas, so hopefully things have improved?

Status
Not open for further replies.