What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise
While Monday was not a good day, yesterday was. I received my final bid for redoing my garage electrical, accepted it and they are coming this afternoon to do the work. This project will give me something I have really needed for safety reasons - a porch light by my main entry door and also some extra outlets in the garage. I need to spend some time this morning moving things to get ready for them but well worth it.
Don't do that!
Seems like years ago you'd get a cold, then gone in a couple days, now they stay for two weeks, maybe cause we're older....

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you send a link for this info? My sister has always had epilepsy. I think she’d be way too afraid to try, bit if this is new info, please let me know. I knew some one who had experimental surgery back in the 1990’s and it made him worse, alas, so hopefully things have improved?
It was something my doctor mentioned if nothing else works. First hospital to find out where it is then lasic or cracking head open. My cousin has grandmal seizures and wants to get it done. The big minus is that he is 60 and had a small stroke. Mine are partial seizures so it will probably be lasic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is it in? Do you love it?
IT IS! I LOVE IT! Same size, but white instead of oak, which in my tiny bathroom, is a real plus! He came first thing Wednesday morning. There was a downed refrigerator, which took precedence, and which I certainly understand! LOL, the landlady griped a bit about why he got the white one instead of the gray one, and he told her it was because I don't have the gray floors yet.. Hekitty has already crept inside it and napped a bit. The whole bathroom looks so much brighter and lighter!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
IT IS! I LOVE IT! Same size, but white instead of oak, which in my tiny bathroom, is a real plus! He came first thing Wednesday morning. There was a downed refrigerator, which took precedence, and which I certainly understand! LOL, the landlady griped a bit about why he got the white one instead of the gray one, and he told her it was because I don't have the gray floors yet.. Hekitty has already crept inside it and napped a bit. The whole bathroom looks so much brighter and lighter!
So glad to hear. A little something new and clean can change the feel of the whole room.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So glad to hear. A little something new and clean can change the feel of the whole room.
It sure does! Every time I walk into the bathroom now, I smile.

I did not sleep today, to speak of. Nor do I know why. I'm running now on about 4 hours of dozing. I bet I pass out in the morning.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s spring, it is going to be 60’s degrees today and I am wondering if I can get through the snow in the back yard if I wear my high boots. I really want to get my new bird houses up!

Follow up. Didn’t have to worry about the snow. It was so hard packed that I could just walk on top of it. Got all the houses up. Cant wait till someone moves in.

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of the four new houses have been claimed by a couple of sparrows, and the goldfinches have gotten the word out that the Golden safflower feeder is up. Happy Easter and spring everyone.
I miss my bird feeders! Leasing office made me get rid of them. At least I still have my cats

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our weather has done that already. Its been a little roller coaster of hot to freeze warnings at night. Its supposed to be nice today but hot the rest of the week before thunderstorms come in. I’m hoping that holds off because DS’s ranger group is supposed to launch rockets this weekend and he’s been really excited about it.

DH needs to get our grass cut too. But first the mower needs an oil change! It made for good Easter egg hiding on Sunday. I put a yellow one among some dandelions and a purple in another weedy purple patch. He hid one under pinecones. :lol: But the tall grass really helped.

I’m just glad both kids were so into it. I told them they don’t get to outgrow egg hunts! I’ll make it more teen friendly eventually. We aren’t drinkers here or id do like one lady I saw online and hide beer around the backyard for her kids in their 20s.:lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Our weather has done that already. Its been a little roller coaster of hot to freeze warnings at night. Its supposed to be nice today but hot the rest of the week before thunderstorms come in. I’m hoping that holds off because DS’s ranger group is supposed to launch rockets this weekend and he’s been really excited about it.

DH needs to get our grass cut too. But first the mower needs an oil change! It made for good Easter egg hiding on Sunday. I put a yellow one among some dandelions and a purple in another weedy purple patch. He hid one under pinecones. :lol: But the tall grass really helped.

I’m just glad both kids were so into it. I told them they don’t get to outgrow egg hunts! I’ll make it more teen friendly eventually. We aren’t drinkers here or id do like one lady I saw online and hide beer around the backyard for her kids in their 20s.:lol:
Back when I was working I used to load up the mower into the car and haul it to a small engine center for its oil change. Getting the mower in and out of the car was exhausting. Then when I retired I actually read its manual and discovered all I needed to do was take off the oil cap, turn the mower in its side and let the oil run out. Couldn’t have been easier, and then I learned changing the blade was just as easy. A whole lot of dollars saved.

This year, though, I have decided to hire someone this year to do my mowing. I just can’t handle an hour plus out there in the heat any more,

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good for you! You know sometimes I like saving money; but sometimes I just remind myself its good to give people work too.

This year DD is going to learn to use the riding mower. (We have half an acre.) But I’m hoping to find a decent used push mower too. That way both kids can help DH out. I would LOVE to hire someone for it even just every other week; but the kids need to learn and that isn’t in our budget yet. Someday!

My parents new place has 2 acres and one is basically a field where they can ride a go-cart my stepdad bought a few years ago. So they left their 25 year old standard riding mower here and got one of those big fancy ones that you drive with handlebars. My mom said its fun. (Lets see if she still thinks that in mid July because she’s retired but my stepdad is not! :lol2:) DS is calling it Bumblebee because it’s yellow and black and looks like a Transformer.:lol: It’s slightly amusing that they downsized their house quite a bit; but almost quadrupled their yard to mow! 🤪 At least the go-cart won’t bother the neighbors anymore. They are a lot more free to use it; but don’t have grandkids to play so often either.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Divorce proceedings started and going good for me.Judge has seen I have been the victim in the marriage of a year.Letting my lawyer doing the work.Good thing is I have my support system and my cats have been one of my stress relievers from it.Looks like I will be getting alimony from him.He makes more money than me and judge saw I was mistreated so bad

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tomorrow I have my big biannual project to do. Will wash the couple of dirty gowns, and a couple of long-sleeved shirts, and when they are dry, get the winter stuff into the storage boxes and the summer stuff into the drawers. YIPPEEEEEE! I am...whelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.