What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vice principal at my parents' school would literally throw kids down the stairs when displeased. I suppose if they died it was their own fault.

Wow things sucked when you guys were young.
Not really; yes, there was discipline, but it wasn't oppressive. Only the bad actors found themselves facing it, while the rest of us could go about our business in peace. Too, there was not the wholesale thuggery that plagues so many of today's schools, in spite of the fact that most of the country kids carried some sort of pocketknife to school every day- I had a Boy Scout style one from age 12. Things were different then, but so too were the people.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am more than a bit ticked off with FedEx at the moment. I got a notification from them yesterday that a package I have been waiting for would be delivered today, and it required a signature. So I sat around all day, and.........nothing. So I guess that they expect me to sit around again tomorrow so they can repeat the process. Thanks, FedEx, for exactly nothing.
I am over Fed Ex. I don't know why, but they will pull in, practically kick or heave the box out of the truck and take off. No matter how many times I leave a note to please bring the 50 lb. box of frozen pet food to the house at the back of the property, they dump it off at Moms and she has to call me and tell me it's there. It's 50 pounds and heavy, it's all I can do to heave it into my car and unload it without breaking my back. I started paying for UPS to deliver it, and they bring it to the correct house, and the guy has even carried the entire box back to my freezer!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just did a price comparison between Petco and Chewy for Weruva 5oz cans (pack of 8). Holy carp! Chewy charges $17.76 while Petco charges $12.15! And both are "auto ship/repeat delivery" prices. What's interesting is that it's cheaper to get Feliway refills from Chewy than it is from Petco. $18.52 vs $18.99 so I will stick with Chewy for that but no more for wet food!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my two cats microchipped yesterday with Home Again at the vet. I didn't realize that the cards didn't have their names on them and I put them in my wallet. Now I don't know which number goes to which cat! What are the little yellow house shaped figurines with little metal rings? Are those supposed to go on a collar? They don't wear collars. I threw them away. I hope they aren't important! The microchips are in the cats' necks, right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, @magiedemi, the microchips are, indeed, in their necks. Try calling your vet's office. They should have recorded the microchip numbers on your cat's medical records. I promise you, you are not the first person to do this!

What's on my mind? Well, my next door neighbor moved, and her apartment is being rehabbed. They are in there sawing, and hammering and drilling RIGHT BEHIND MY HEADBOARD, so...I'm up. I'll try to nap in my chair in a few.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Tired. The snow didn’t look that deep until I went to clear it and found that about half the driveway had drifted to about waist deep. Not heavy icy snow thankfully but between the front and back and the snowplow that came by just as I finished about an hour and a half to do it all. But it was an exercise day anyway so I just got an extra long workout in. Resting and working on my puzzle for the rest of the day. Lola is provided multiple face kisses and sniffs because I smell a little funny and because I left her alone for so long.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's time to find a new printer. We don't print a ton; but I do copy tests regularly. Sometimes we need to scan documents. I'm not sure how old it is; but they no longer update the drivers and what not. I think I got this when DD was in Kindergarten; so by electronics standards it's old. My laptop is the only one that will print to it; but only connected by the cable. So no printing from our pones and everyone has to use my computer to print.

DD's math program is online but she can print the worksheets and lesson summaries to do work on paper. Shes doing pre-Algebra right now and THE DRAMA is real. I need her to be able to print and maybe force herself to work out the problems by hand instead of the way she's been trying to work... So yeah; I guess it's time. Hopefully there are some good sales out there.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's time to find a new printer. We don't print a ton; but I do copy tests regularly. Sometimes we need to scan documents. I'm not sure how old it is; but they no longer update the drivers and what not. I think I got this when DD was in Kindergarten; so by electronics standards it's old. My laptop is the only one that will print to it; but only connected by the cable. So no printing from our pones and everyone has to use my computer to print.

DD's math program is online but she can print the worksheets and lesson summaries to do work on paper. Shes doing pre-Algebra right now and THE DRAMA is real. I need her to be able to print and maybe force herself to work out the problems by hand instead of the way she's been trying to work... So yeah; I guess it's time. Hopefully there are some good sales out there.
If you have an injet and don’t really need printing in color, a laser jet is the way to go. They last much much longer, print much more before needing toner and they also print much faster. Pretty much any printer will do air printing now though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you have an injet and don’t really need printing in color, a laser jet is the way to go. They last much much longer, print much more before needing toner and they also print much faster. Pretty much any printer will do air printing now though.
I'm really debating if I need the color function. I do print in color on occasion; but not often. I used to make little posters and things for visual aids. I could probably do without it. I think laser jets are always quieter too. Not that anyone but Mooch and I nap around here anymore. But quiet and quick are so nice. Nice and crisp too. The printer sits on top of the cabinet that blocks DS's desk in on one side; so when we print and hes working it is distracting for him.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to go do a couple returns today and that in itself always gives me anxiety. Not sure why but returning purchases always feels wrong to me. Anyway the roads were deceptively clear after our snowstorm ended yesterday but take a corner too fast and you discovered a fine layer of ice underneath. So I got my errands done and crept back home very very slowly.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My new coffee maker seems to work good but I’m struggling to find the best technique for emptying the used grounds from the basket. Its just an updated version of the machine we had before; which the basket wore out on. Other than beating it on the trash can (:barfgreen:); hot or cold, they don’t want to come out without my finger swiping it out.:dunno:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My new coffee maker seems to work good but I’m struggling to find the best technique for emptying the used grounds from the basket. Its just an updated version of the machine we had before; which the basket wore out on. Other than beating it on the trash can (:barfgreen:); hot or cold, they don’t want to come out without my finger swiping it out.:dunno:
I have to use paper filters for that reason. While I know they are wasteful, digging around to clear a reusable filter just doesn’t work for me.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to use paper filters for that reason. While I know they are wasteful, digging around to clear a reusable filter just doesn’t work for me.
I didn't realize they made ones for single cup machines. I'll have to see what works with ours. I only drink one cup a day so I won't need many. DH drinks a different blend so staying with single cup ones makes more sense for us.

I do think this new basket style makes a better cup. This one basically only has the mesh screen on the bottom. My coffee seems to have better flavor. Of course I overdid the cinnamon I add to the grounds a bit this morning. It's really good. :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.