What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Success!! Today was the first day Boone and Gracie tried their new food. Gracie was sceptical at first. She looked at the bowl and then just sat there looking confused. Boone immediately dived in and pretty much cleaned his bowl. Gracie finally realized that the food was all she was getting so she reluctantly ate and also cleaned her bowl.

I don't do slow transitions to new foods so hopefully no messy poops. If there are, only for only a day or two.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't realize they made ones for single cup machines. I'll have to see what works with ours. I only drink one cup a day so I won't need many. DH drinks a different blend so staying with single cup ones makes more sense for us.

I do think this new basket style makes a better cup. This one basically only has the mesh screen on the bottom. My coffee seems to have better flavor. Of course I overdid the cinnamon I add to the grounds a bit this morning. It's really good. :yummy:
Sorry, I didn’t realize you were talking about single cup machines. No disposables that I know of for those. But when I used to use reusable cups for my Keurig, I had a dozen or so. If you let the grounds sit and dry in them for a day or two to dry out you can dump them right out and give them a quick rinse. So I had a container to set them in and I would wash them out in batches. Still a nuisance but easier than trying to empty when they are wet.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Found out my son had to be taken to the ER this morning.Was breathing heavy.Found a hole in his heart.Luckily it was repaired and he is now recovering.I am not too happy with his current doctor,said he found nothing wrong.Going to have a word with him on Monday

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Found out my son had to be taken to the ER this morning.Was breathing heavy.Found a hole in his heart.Luckily it was repaired and he is now recovering.I am not too happy with his current doctor,said he found nothing wrong.Going to have a word with him on Monday
Wow, I am glad he is doing okay.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are the symptoms of Covid? My nose won't stop running. It will be ironic if I get Covid after I finally got the vaccines.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What's on my mind? I'll tell you what is on my mind. I spent far longer than I should have today pondering just how idiotic the lyrics to "Oh My Darling Clementine actually are. I mean, please. Let's start in the middle, with driving ducklings to the water, and falling into the foaming brine. First, I cannot think of a single dad-gummed canyon in the continental United States, with or without a cavern, that has a river that is BRINY! Not a single, solitary one. They are far, far from the ocean. They are fresh water. Get a grip, sir. Get a grip. SECOND, if this idiot woman was driving ducklings to water so fast that it was foaming, those ducklings would never have survived. It is my considered opinion that the parent ducks booby-trapped the path to save their babies. GOOD FOR THEM! Next, this ditsy woman hit her foot on a splinter hard enough to cause her to fall into this river? HOW BIG WAS THAT SPLINTER? Apparently, the same size as the "splinter" that killed Dracula. Besides, she was wearing herring boxes as sandals. They're made of wood. She should have been immune to splinters. And to top it all off, after making me suffer through verse after verse of his pitiful moaning about Clementine, this hound dog kisses her sister, and they walk off into the sunset, merry as grigs! I want to sic my cat on him. Wet.

This is what happens when you get old. You think about the oddest things!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind? I'll tell you what is on my mind. I spent far longer than I should have today pondering just how idiotic the lyrics to "Oh My Darling Clementine actually are. I mean, please. Let's start in the middle, with driving ducklings to the water, and falling into the foaming brine. First, I cannot think of a single dad-gummed canyon in the continental United States, with or without a cavern, that has a river that is BRINY! Not a single, solitary one. They are far, far from the ocean. They are fresh water. Get a grip, sir. Get a grip. SECOND, if this idiot woman was driving ducklings to water so fast that it was foaming, those ducklings would never have survived. It is my considered opinion that the parent ducks booby-trapped the path to save their babies. GOOD FOR THEM! Next, this ditsy woman hit her foot on a splinter hard enough to cause her to fall into this river? HOW BIG WAS THAT SPLINTER? Apparently, the same size as the "splinter" that killed Dracula. Besides, she was wearing herring boxes as sandals. They're made of wood. She should have been immune to splinters. And to top it all off, after making me suffer through verse after verse of his pitiful moaning about Clementine, this hound dog kisses her sister, and they walk off into the sunset, merry as grigs! I want to sic my cat on him. Wet.

This is what happens when you get old. You think about the oddest things!
I’ve never known the lyrics of that song and now I’m rather glad! :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles - do you have a garbage disposal. I use a French press, but we just rinse and dump down until it's empty.

What are the symptoms of Covid? My nose won't stop running. It will be ironic if I get Covid after I finally got the vaccines.
When I had covid over Thanksgiving I had a sore throat, bad cough, congestion, and fatigue. But you've said it's really cold and that always makes my nose run.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope it's not! Could it be from some of the other stuff that's been going on?
I had a runny nose, a bad cough, and just general ickyness and my test came out negative, but I "felt" fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.