Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Covid lockdown accumulation?
Got it in one. With my health being what it is, I decided that it would behoove me to have a 6-month supply of food on hand for myself and Hekitty, so I stocked it to the gills. Then, as I was able to actually shop one a month, I kept replacing things (and forgetting to front the supplies, of course). Now I have enough food to feed an army on hand, and all of it 2-3 years out of date!

You'll be happy to know that I did NOT hoard TP, but only because I buy a year's supply every January, simply because I hate hauling it around. Best to get it and not have to think about it, so by the time that the shelves were empty, I still had MONTHS' worth in my supply closet, and had about 3 months' worth when the stores started catching up again. LOL, I buy paper towels the same way, and for the same reason. Bulky, unweildy, and I'd rather buy it once a year and forget about it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find it fascinating that Boone and Gracie seem to know what day is Thursday. Any other day, as soon as I come through the door, they are running up the stairs to greet me but not on Thursdays. They somehow know that Thursdays is grocery day and I will be bringing in the groceries. They always stay downstairs until I am putting stuff away.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Unhinged from a one day trip to a “city” for Zorro’s annual. Weird not to be around trees. Got a parking ticket while downloading the app to PAY for parking. Unplugged fridge halfway through the night at the only cat hotel. Told management it sounded like a quacking duck and didn’t make ice anyway. Glad to be home. Cat looking lah dee dah like nothing at all happened.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More proof that cats are really smart. We already knew this but many don't.

It's winter here so it's cooler but not what most people would call cold. I often open up the sliding glass door so the girls can go sit out back in the screen room. It's fully enclosed so they can get fresh air and watch the wildlife safely. This morning Lily hollered for out. Today is not a cooler day. It's 85 degrees F here. The door is closed and the AC is on. It's supposed to get into the low 60's tonight so I will open out later. I explained this to her. What did she do? She went to sit and whine by the front door. She tried to trick me into opening THAT door because everyone knows that the weather is cooler in front of the house than it is in back. I had to explain to her again that I will open out when it gets cool tonight.

When she hollers for out it really does sound like she's saying OUT.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just signed DD up for a summer sleep away camp. :seesaw: I'm glad she wants to go and its with our church group; but it's still a new thing for us. At least kids have cell phones now so she can text or call me. I know she'll be fine though. I might need a little support but we won't tell her that. :lol:
I understand completely. I rarely sleep with the DW as her snoring keeps me awake. How the Cats put up with that is beyond me.
I bought DH a set of these Loop earplugs to dampen my snoring. He's been putting them in when he notices I'm in the bathroom to come to bed. :lol:

Feeling tired and just not well....but very restless. I want to be productive today, I feel I need to be productive today...but can't get myself to do anything.
So frustrating...
Is your weather blah too? It's windy and rainy here and the temps are dropping with it. Good do nothing weather! I'm actually more productive with a steady rain but it's the wind and temp drop doing me in.
You'll be happy to know that I did NOT hoard TP, but only because I buy a year's supply every January, simply because I hate hauling it around.
I've noticed my inlaws do that and now my mom does too. You all might be on to something. :lol:
I'm wondering how my house feels like a walk in freezer even though it's 68 degrees. I'm dressed for polar exploration in my own living room! 🥶
Do you have a draft? I realized someone had opened the vent on our woodstove a while back so it was drafty even without feeling colder per se. I think the wind was going over the chimney just right.

Sometimes I get really chilled when I'm tired too. The other night I ended up in my big fuzzy Pusheen bathrobe over flannel pjs and then I got a second wind and I was hot. :lol:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your weather blah too? It's windy and rainy here and the temps are dropping with it. Good do nothing weather! I'm actually more productive with a steady rain but it's the wind and temp drop doing me in.
Weather is yuck, but I'm also going thru a bit of an "introvert hangover"...
I did get some stuff done today though. I did a dishwasher load and washed by hand the bulky things that didn't fit, I vacuumed, clipped the cats nails, did a bit of tidying up....but the kicker was when my husband called for help because he got the car stuck in a deep ice rut in the parking lot of his shop. We had a big rise in temps with rain followed by a fast temp drop and snow...our roads and most lots are an icy bumpy mess. He put litter in them and salt and tried a bunch of other things but the tires just kept spinning. So I drove over there to help push him out...but we just couldn't get it out of the rut...it was pretty deep and zero traction, for the tires or me...as I pushed my feet kept slipping so I couldn't get a good hard push. Did I mention I hurt my arm??? So yeah...there's that now too. :rolleyes3:
Thankfully some dude came by and helped pull the car out with his truck.
So now I'm sore and cold on top of feeling tired and icky...Anyone wanna hang tonight? I'm "great" company! :lol: :ohwell: ;)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Weather is yuck, but I'm also going thru a bit of an "introvert hangover"...
I did get some stuff done today though. I did a dishwasher load and washed by hand the bulky things that didn't fit, I vacuumed, clipped the cats nails, did a bit of tidying up....but the kicker was when my husband called for help because he got the car stuck in a deep ice rut in the parking lot of his shop. We had a big rise in temps with rain followed by a fast temp drop and snow...our roads and most lots are an icy bumpy mess. He put litter in them and salt and tried a bunch of other things but the tires just kept spinning. So I drove over there to help push him out...but we just couldn't get it out of the rut...it was pretty deep and zero traction, for the tires or me...as I pushed my feet kept slipping so I couldn't get a good hard push. Did I mention I hurt my arm??? So yeah...there's that now too. :rolleyes3:
Thankfully some dude came by and helped pull the car out with his truck.
So now I'm sore and cold on top of feeling tired and icky...Anyone wanna hang tonight? I'm "great" company! :lol: :ohwell: ;)
I'd hang with you if I could! Fridays are my day off and I'm usually full of energy when I get up, and by 1:00 I am completely drained of energy. Today was no exception. I read for about 30 minutes and fell asleep for over an hour. :oops: And I had a dream I was at work doing random chores in the middle of the night!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
UGH! I hate work dreams!!!! Especially on a Sunday night...Why can't my brain let me enjoy those last few hours of my weekend. But noooooo, I have wake up "from work", with the knowledge that I'll be there soon for real. :eviltongue:
I have them all the freaking time. Really ridiculous stuff, too, sometimes funny but always leaves me drained! 😭

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pets hate being woken up but it's perfectly fine to wake their humans up at any time. Lilith has never woken me up. Is it because she's more considerate? Of course not. This is just more proof of how smart she is. She assigned that job to Sophie when they moved in. Sophie takes this job very seriously. She will either smack me with her paw and yell or stand on my back and screech in my face while her sister sits back and enjoys the show.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is having multiple weddings sets over a long marriage a normal thing or something?

I seem to be seeing it lately. Even “my wedding sets over time” pictures showing 4-5 sets! I know my mom and stepdad did get a second set of bands but they got married really quickly and I think the original set stopped fitting both of them. I remember my grandma wearing her wedding band on her pinky because it didn’t fit her ring finger anymore. Grandpas fingers got huge and his ring looked battered.

My own set hasn’t fit since my kids were born. I’ve been hesitant to resize them because it can unsettle stone settings. Plus my hands still fluctuate with my weight. So I wear a silicone ring because I can’t see buying a new band. It seems extravagant. I mean do what you want with your own money; but I’m starting to feel like a minority. :dunno:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Is having multiple weddings sets over a long marriage a normal thing or something?
I haven't seen the "wedding sets over time" pictures, thankfully. We were 23 when we got engaged and not long out of college. My set isn't the biggest and best because we didn't have that kind of money at the time. I'm not changing it. If I did it wouldn't be the same ring we picked out together. Most of our friends got married when they were a bit older so their sets are more extravagant than mine. We were out with a few couples last night and one of the woman clearly got her set redone recently and it isn't the first time. It's a bit over the top now with her engagement ring being at least five graduated in size square cut diamonds with the center one being at least 2 carats. I don't even wear my set around the house as I don't want to damage it while cleaning, gardening, etc. I'd rather go on a trip somewhere.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen people get a second set for a big anniversary...usually because they couldn't afford the set of their dreams at the time of their wedding or it's too small...and sometimes it's just because they like jewelry and all the extra bling. But multiple sets over time does seem excessive, at least from my practical and budget conscious mind.
I love my wedding set, and would never get a replacement. It's wonderfully sparkly yet practical with the stones being set with a low profile. Big stones, high set stones and thick wide bands look ridiculous on my long skinny fingers.
These are mine and hubby's rings...
1676819947291.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I seem to be seeing it lately. Even “my wedding sets over time” pictures showing 4-5 sets! I know my mom and stepdad did get a second set of bands but they got married really quickly and I think the original set stopped fitting both of them. I remember my grandma wearing her wedding band on her pinky because it didn’t fit her ring finger anymore. Grandpas fingers got huge and his ring looked battered.

My own set hasn’t fit since my kids were born. I’ve been hesitant to resize them because it can unsettle stone settings. Plus my hands still fluctuate with my weight. So I wear a silicone ring because I can’t see buying a new band. It seems extravagant. I mean do what you want with your own money; but I’m starting to feel like a minority. :dunno:

There seems to be a certain subset of women who are firm believers in upgrades to their set. I can see adding another band for a milestone anniversary (I probably wouldn't myself, but I can see doing it), but multiple upgrades seems weird to me. I love my set, though.

Technically, my set isn't 100% original because when I was pregnant with J, I tripped and hit my hand into the wall and knocked a prong out of the way. So we sent my engagement ring off to the makers to fix, and they reshaped it because it had gone more oval than circular at the time, and may have replaced the prong idk. But close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.