What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband cooked tonight. Prawn and chorizo risotto. Very yummy.
I just thought what early eaters you are, but then realised you're still an hour ahead of me

I'm off to do something interesting with some corn, potato, celery and brown rice..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Pizza and cheesy bread from Papa Murphy's!
I've been hearing a lot about Papa Murphy's lately. Many people seem to like that pizza. Is it a good chain? We don't have any around here. We just have the basics: Pizza Hut, Domino's, and Papa John's. We do have a Rocco's, which specializes in authentic Italian pizza. I like it, but Rick doesn't care for it much as it's a little on the greasy side sometimes. I'm not a fan of Pizza Hut, nor do I really care for Papa John's, but Rick like PJs. And sometimes he gets a hankerin for Pizza Hut. We really can't agree on pizza that often, so I just make it.

Something from the freezer tonight....I don't know what yet. Must go down and forage.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been hearing a lot about Papa Murphy's lately. Many people seem to like that pizza. Is it a good chain? We don't have any around here. We just have the basics: Pizza Hut, Domino's, and Papa John's. We do have a Rocco's, which specializes in authentic Italian pizza. I like it, but Rick doesn't care for it much as it's a little on the greasy side sometimes. I'm not a fan of Pizza Hut, nor do I really care for Papa John's, but Rick like PJs. And sometimes he gets a hankerin for Pizza Hut. We really can't agree on pizza that often, so I just make it.

Something from the freezer tonight....I don't know what yet. Must go down and forage.
Schnitzel chip

I have a kosher pizza hut. No
Cheese. An a Domino's near me. I'm no fan of pizza. If we order then I have wings and corn on the cob and maybe a salad. They all taste like cardboard with edibles on top. :-(

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S luscious fry up with 3 eggs. 2 are too few and 4 is too much.
Onions. Sausages
Mushroomd and eggies with microwaved chips

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our power has been out all day and now they are saying it won't come back on until 9pm. We had to buy take away. Baked spuds. Mine was a low fat. Sour cream, cheese, pineapple and coleslaw. He gave me the same cheese and sour cream as everyone else?? It was supposed to be low fat. It was delicious so if say it was loaded with yummy fat ;)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I MUST have this recipe!

I had some BBQ chicken wings for lunch, now having veggies.
I used a jar sauce for the butter chicken. It was just fry chicken breasts in chunks, add sauce and cook for 20 minutes and served over rice. BBQ chicken wings sound yummy.

Tonight, we will have whatever my mother in law makes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We did go for dinner last night. We shoveled and shoveled and got the driveway cleared. And Rick said we were going. It was nothing fancy, but it was good. 

I think we're just having bean soup from the freezer tonight. (I'm trying to get my soups and stews used up and then when Rick goes to Oregon next month, I will use that time to cook for the freezer. The longest stuff is from November 2013 and it needs to be used. I also have an apple pie that I made back in the fall and that must be baked, too. There's a pan of apple dumplings in the freezer, too. My sister and BIL are coming for dinner this weekend and will help us eat those on Saturday.)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yum Anne..that looks delish.  We are expecting a HUGE 12 hour wind/rain storm here starting in a few hours.  Dinner may be out at any restaurant we can find with power..lol.

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That looks delicious- you just made my mouth water! 

Tonight we're having breaded turkey schnitzel with pasta. 

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That looks delicious- you just made my mouth water! 

Tonight we're having breaded turkey schnitzel with pasta. 

Thanks! It doesn't look so colorful and bright after cooking 
 It came out delicious though. It has lentils, barley, mushrooms,celery, red peppers and onions, Kohlrabi. Seasoned with parsley, dill, tumeric, garlic, salt and pepper. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ended up having shepherds pie, caesar salad and some kind of cheese bread. I didn't eat much, the beef was making me feel sick.

kimmismom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anne, that dinner looks and sounds delicious.

We had sausages with rice and some sweet plum tart. Both are part of Luxembourg traditional cuisine.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Anne, I love that picture. What a pretty dinner!

I'm off work today for the Presidents Day holiday, so I'm making Shredded Beef Barbecue (it's four hours in the oven, plus about 30 minutes prep time, so it takes a while, but I'll have for the freezer, too, so it's worth it). And I'm making a tiny bowl of macaroni salad to go with the beef. 

I got two nice chicken quarters out of the freezer yesterday to thaw to make the beginnings of soup in the crock pot. Once the chicken is cooked and deboned, I'll tuck it back in the freezer to use later on. And I'll have some stock to freeze, too. 

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Anne, I love that picture. What a pretty dinner!

I'm off work today for the Presidents Day holiday, so I'm making Shredded Beef Barbecue (it's four hours in the oven, plus about 30 minutes prep time, so it takes a while, but I'll have for the freezer, too, so it's worth it). And I'm making a tiny bowl of macaroni salad to go with the beef. 

I got two nice chicken quarters out of the freezer yesterday to thaw to make the beginnings of soup in the crock pot. Once the chicken is cooked and deboned, I'll tuck it back in the freezer to use later on. And I'll have some stock to freeze, too. 
Shredded Beef Barbecue sounds so delicious...
 We have some very talented chefs here!

Tonight we're making chicken and red potatoes with the slow cooker and then some glazed cinnamon apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.