What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roast chicken jacket potatoes and coleslaw.
I roasted the chicken. A whole one
It was delish.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've been hearing a lot about Papa Murphy's lately. Many people seem to like that pizza. Is it a good chain? We don't have any around here. We just have the basics: Pizza Hut, Domino's, and Papa John's. We do have a Rocco's, which specializes in authentic Italian pizza. I like it, but Rick doesn't care for it much as it's a little on the greasy side sometimes. I'm not a fan of Pizza Hut, nor do I really care for Papa John's, but Rick like PJs. And sometimes he gets a hankerin for Pizza Hut. We really can't agree on pizza that often, so I just make it.

Something from the freezer tonight....I don't know what yet. Must go down and forage.
Yes it's my favorite pizza place actually here and it's affordable! It's a take and bake place so they don't deliver. The pizza slices are huge so 2 fill me up and there's good stuff on the pizza! I don't think Papa Murphy's pizza is greasy at all. They use a white sauce with some of the pizza they make instead of tomato. We ended up ordering the cowboy pizza which does have tomato sauce on it since it has pepperoni and sausage on it. But even with that pizza it's not greasy. I really like the Herb Chicken Mediterranean delite. The Chicken Bacon Artichoke one is really good as well.

http://papamurphys.com/

Tonight I had wendy's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Krista....if we ever get around a Papa Murphy's I'll try it out.

Tonight's dinner is chicken tortilla soup. I made it yesterday, but I was just going for some braised chicken with broth that I planned on putting into the freezer. And, well, I don't know, the soup just kind of happened. But it's done now and all we need do is heat it tonight. Rick will have his with some crushed tortilla chips and a couple garlic Parmesan rolls. With a Slim-A-Bear ice cream bar (100 calories) for a bit of dessert.

Last edited:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No problem you totally should! That soup sounds delicious! Not sure what I'm having as I have zumba tonight... probably cereal with a banana.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had chicken stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese and mashed potatoes. My husband had chicken stuffed with cream cheese and bacon and mashed potatoes. My daughter had some of my food and some beefaroni. 

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What exactly is zumba?
It's a work out! Founded in 2001, Zumba Fitness is a global lifestyle brand that fuses fitness, entertainment and culture into an exhilarating dance-fitness sensation! Zumba[emoji]174[/emoji] exercise classes are " fitness-parties " that blend upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography, for a total-body workout that feels like a celebration.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a work out! Founded in 2001, Zumba Fitness is a global lifestyle brand that fuses fitness, entertainment and culture into an exhilarating dance-fitness sensation! Zumba[emoji]174[/emoji] exercise classes are " fitness-parties " that blend upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography, for a total-body workout that feels like a celebration.
I sort of knew what it is but I wanted you to tell me in your own words.
Is it good for a 70 year old nearly with s bad back
;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Glazed salmon on the indoor grill. It's called Firecracker Salmon because it's a little on the spicy side, but so good. With some roasted carrots and a bit of coleslaw on the side.

(Our store had a good sale on salmon this week, so we bought a couple pounds. I divided the fillets into 6-ounce portions and froze them, two portions to a bag.)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Glazed salmon on the indoor grill. It's called Firecracker Salmon because it's a little on the spicy side, but so good. With some roasted carrots and a bit of coleslaw on the side.

(Our store had a good sale on salmon this week, so we bought a couple pounds. I divided the fillets into 6-ounce portions and froze them, two portions to a bag.)
That sounds really good.

We are having chicken tonight. I am putting a whole chicken in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Everyone's meals are making me hungry! :lol3:

Last night was a shrimp and asparagus pasta, but I used miracle noodles instead of pasta. Tonight we are haivng a chopped salad. I've got carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, cilantro, some broccoli slaw, chicken and blue cheese. I'll serve it over a little lettuce.

This is going to sounds like an odd question, but so you have fish and seafood markets near you? The only reason I ask is we've had relatives from out of state (a few states) come visit the area and they are fascinated by our seafood markets.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone's meals are making me hungry! :lol3:

Last night was a shrimp and asparagus pasta, but I used miracle noodles instead of pasta. Tonight we are haivng a chopped salad. I've got carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, cilantro, some broccoli slaw, chicken and blue cheese. I'll serve it over a little lettuce.
This is going to sounds like an odd question, but so you have fish and seafood markets near you? The only reason I ask is we've had relatives from out of state (a few states) come visit the area and they are fascinated by our seafood markets.
What's miracle noodles?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went back the doctor this evening and then took me out for supper. I had green chicken curry, very tasty, with a tomato cucumber and onion salad with vinigraite! on it and a bottle of soda water. I don't drink flavoured soda. Not ordinary and not diet.
Later I had a piece of my homemade chocolate cake.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness for frozen leftovers. Having pot roast over brown and wild rice.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sort of knew what it is but I wanted you to tell me in your own words.
Is it good for a 70 year old nearly with s bad back
Well it's kind of hard to explain to people that don't know lol. You could do zumba gold I bet. It's lower impact than a regular zumba class. I do not do gold though I do regular zumba.

I have a bad back too (scoliosis) but it helps strengthen my back a lot so I have less back pain.

Zumba Gold[emoji]174[/emoji]

Get Groovin At Your Own Pace

The easy-to-follow program that lets you move to the beat at your own speed. It's an invigorating, community-oriented dance-fitness class that feels fresh, and most of all, exhilarating! Zumba Gold[emoji]174[/emoji] classes provide modified, low-impact moves for active older adults.

http://www.zumba.com/en-US/party/classes/class-zumba-gold

Back on topic.. I had a sandwich tonight for dinner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.