Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What sort of sandwich?

Well it's kind of hard to explain to pe

that don't know lol. You could do zumba gold I bet. It's lower impact than a regular zumba class. I do not do gold though I do regular zumba.
I have a bad back too (scoliosis) but it

helps strengthen my back a lot so I have less back pain.

Zumba Gold[emoji]174[/emoji]

Get Groovin At Your Own Pace

The easy-to-follow program that lets you move to the beat at your own speed. It's an invigorating, community-oriented dance-fitness class that feels fresh, and most of all, exhilarating! Zumba Gold[emoji]174[/emoji] classes provide modified, low-impact moves for active older adults.

http://www.zumba.com/en-US/party/classes/class-zumba-gold

Back on topic.. I had a sandwich tonight for dinner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Karen, we used to have a very nice seafood market close by, but it shut down a few years ago. It was a shame because we could get some nice seafood. They had great salmon (this was before everything started to seem to come from China). It was a seafood restaurant, too, the food was delicious. Now we buy from our local grocery store....,much of their salmon is farm-raised, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on what you read. I love salmon, I dearly love salmon. I just enjoy seafood. I try to be careful about freezing it because sometimes it was previously frozen and I hate to go there. But in this case, it was a good buy, so we took advantage.

Rick went to Pike's Market last year when he was in Seattle. He said I would have loved that place and we probably would have ended up spending the entire day there had I been along. That's where the guys throw the huge fish from man to man. He said it was an incredible place. (I really do have to put my big-girl panties on and get on the plane.)

The salmon we had last night had a rub of sugar, chili powder, Hungarian sweet paprika, cumin and pepper. I brushed Dijon mustard on each side of the salmon, then dredged each side it in the rub, so it was completely covered. Then threw in on the well-sprayed grill until it got nice and charred. It's just delicious that way.

Tonight we are having vegetable soup. My sister made a big pot of vegetable soup the other day when she was home from work....the schools had shut down for snow again, So I made a blueberry buckle last night and we traded soup for buckle. She gave me soup; I gave her half the buckle. We were both pleased. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@winchester.
So many questions.
Don't you find salmon dry?
Did you also 'throw' the soup into the fridge?
What on earth is a buckle?
When I was in Thailand hundreds of years ago we got up early to go to the fish market. It was disgusting and the smell?!!! I had my hand over my nose the whole time. But I'm sure it's different America.

Last edited by a moderator:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if they have zumba in your country but it's basically worldwide. The guy who created it is from Cumbia.

I had a turkey and cheese sandwich with cucumber chips and mustard. Tonight will be homemade mac & cheese.

Last edited:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What are cucumber chips? Is that like the kale chips everyone (except me) is eating these days?

We're having an easy chicken stir fry tonight.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither one of us seemed to want the salmon that I made. I just sent my husband a text and asked him to bring me home Subway. I'm so hungry all the time, I hate that about being pregnant.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mum and sister came for dinner. We had lamb stew with creamy mash and green beans. Then for dessert sticky date pudding with caramel sauce and vanilla cream.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@winchester.
So many questions.
Don't you find salmon dry?
Did you also 'throw' the soup into the fridge?
What on earth is a buckle?
When I was in Thailand hundreds of years ago we got up early to go to the fish market. It was disgusting and the smell?!!! I had my hand over my nose the whole time. But I'm sure it's different America.
Sure, salmon can be dry.....if it's prepared incorrectly. We don't cook it very long, only until it begins to flake. Basically we stick a fork into the fish and turn it gently. If the fish begins to flake, it's done. And it only takes minutes. Just minutes.

I throw everything into the fridge! And the freezer. 

A buckle is a kind of coffee cake. Blueberry buckle is made from a batter that is spread into a greased cake pan and then baked. This is my favorite coffee cake ever. I just love the stuff...I'm a big blueberry fan. I use an old Betty Crocker recipe for my blueberry buckle. In America, we also have cobblers and grunts, too. A grunt is a kind of cake/pudding kind of dish. It's called grunt because the mixture actually "grunts" as it's cooking. Blackberry grunt is simply delicious. I think (but I'm not sure) that a grunt can also be called a slump. We have some strange names for some delicious desserts!

You can find the recipe for Blueberry Buckle in the Recipe Exchange here: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/238185/breads-quick-and-yeast#post_3486803 

Mrs. B, I would gladly trade some of my salmon for some of that chicken. It looks decadent! Yum!

Not sure about dinner tonight. We have enough leftovers in the fridge that we can forage for a while.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mrs. B, I would gladly trade some of my salmon for some of that chicken. It looks decadent! Yum!
It was good, but apparently I cooked it upside down. 
 I took it out and put it in oven on broil to crisp up the skin and my husband came home and wondered why I cooked it upside down. I hadn't even realized I did. Another one of the joys of pregnancy...."baby brain" as people like to call it. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Karen, we used to have a very nice seafood market close by, but it shut down a few years ago. It was a shame because we could get some nice seafood. They had great salmon (this was before everything started to seem to come from China). It was a seafood restaurant, too, the food was delicious. Now we buy from our local grocery store....,much of their salmon is farm-raised, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on what you read. I love salmon, I dearly love salmon. I just enjoy seafood. I try to be careful about freezing it because sometimes it was previously frozen and I hate to go there. But in this case, it was a good buy, so we took advantage.
You inspired me to go to the seafood market yesterday! :lol3: Aaron loves salmon, but I don't. I marinate it in a soy and brown sugar type marinade and he loves it. I picked up sea scallops for myself and littlenecks, which we had last night.

We do take our seafood for granted around here. Everything I bought yesterday was ridiculously fresh. I've also bought things at the grocery store and am leery about previously frozen. The salmon I bought yesterday was $9.99 a pound.

I live a little less than a half hour from the US's biggest fishing port:

http://www.portofnewbedford.org/commercial-fishing/our-commercial-fishing-industry/

Donair and perogies, cheesecake for desert!  :bigthumb:
I have not seen Donair since I was in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick!

Tonight Aaron is having salmon, I am having scallops and I have brussels sprouts and green beans to go with it.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if they have zumba in your country but it's basically worldwide. The guy who

created it is from Cumbia.

I had a turkey and cheese sandwich with cucumber chips and mustard. Tonight will be homemade mac & cheese.

How do you make your Mac and cheese. I've got the pasta and the cheese but I'm sooooo lazy. It's easier for me to roast a chicken.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have zumba in Jerusalem.

I had roast chicken jacket potatoes and coleslaw. Yummy.

karrecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We went out to a restaurant and had sliced pork roast with a crunchy golden-brown crust on the outside and a moist and juicy inside, served with gravy (in Germany we call it Schweinshaxe).

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salmon. Yum. Pork. Yum. I'm eating nuts, suddenly they don't seem that good. And I want to make a Grunt! How cool is that! Winchester I tried to add to the recipe exchange. Is it closed?

Anyway for dinner tonight I filled bread rolls with a slice of cheese and leftover lamb stew and toasted them. Easy :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
After all that we didn't have the seafood! :lol3: We had pizza instead. We are going out somewhere to eat today.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
salad, chili turkey burgers, and I'm fiddling with adapting a recipe I found to create what I'm calling Swiss Chard with Garlic and Bacon.  For my dessert a coconut yogurt with fresh raspberries.

Status
Not open for further replies.