What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ribeye steak, baked yukon gold potatoes, and petite green peas and pearl onions. Food coma!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ribeye steak, baked yukon gold potatoes, and petite green peas and pearl onions. Food coma!

Dear lord, I'm salivating!

Last night? My dinner was a bag of Smart Pop Kettle Korn. I swear.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its sunday so I did out traditional roast, did chicken today with stuffing, roast potatoes, mashed cheesy potato, cabbage, leeks, cauliflower, carrots, brocolli, yorkshire puddings and chicken gravy was yummy.x

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 80f today. Getting ready to bbq some chicken kabobs. Will have a pasta salad with that.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are in the mid-30s this morning with a cold rain and gusty winds. To be changing over to snow showers tonight into tomorrow morning. I am not amused. For our Meatless Monday dinner tonight, I'm making a veggie frittata (egg whites) with a warm fruit salad.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's DH's birthday today, so I took a (pre-planned) day off work so I could  (surprise) cook him his favorite main dish: meatloaf (I make a very good meatloaf, if I say so myself!) with a homemade glaze of ketchup, spicy brown mustard and dark brown sugar. I also made red-skinned potatoes, mashed with heavy cream and butter, then baked with cheddar cheese melted inside. I served it with baby carrots, fresh green beans and crescent rolls.  I tried to bake him a chocolate cake (with homemade buttercream icing), but it died on me. We think it was the baking powder, as I followed the recipe to the "t", and read it twice. It rose way too high, and, before I knew it, seeped over the cake pans, making a huge mess in the oven. Then, the cakes collapsed. We managed to salvage chunks of the one layer, and ate that with whipped cream--not too bad!

Everything went wrong today! First, the toilet downstairs kept flushing by itself, and flooded. Then, someone peed on the floor in the living room, then I caught Margie peeing on the window seat. The cats were fighting about something, too. What a fun vacation day!  I think DH had the better one--at least he got paid for his aggravation!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are having pitas stuffed with shredded chicken and chunks of broccoli, red peppers, sliced mushrooms and honey glazed red onions. With a green bean and carrot saute.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This evening it will be baked sweet potatoes in oil & garlic & herb seasoning along with marinara & cheese stuffed chicken breasts.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
All these meals sound delicious! :drool:

Shrimp and asparagus pasta for us tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
All these meals sound delicious!

Shrimp and asparagus pasta for us tonight.
That sounds good! I like to make shrimp with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and pasta.

Tonight we're having shrimp kabobs on the indoor grill. They'll have mushrooms, pineapple and red onion wedges. Served over wild rice. Til I get home from work, it will probably be pouring rain, so outside grilling is out of the question.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a roast in my crock pot ala Winchesters recipe! It smells heavenly!! It won't be long before I pull it out to cool a bit. MMMMMMMMMMM!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Last night we went out and I had a chicken pesto wrap. It was really good. Tonight I am making Greek salads with chicken.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Making a new recipe tonight for Buffalo Balls (meatballs..what did you think?!) along with plain burgers in case dh finds the sauce too hot (think buffalo chicken wings as meatballs instead).
Salad and maybe fresh broccoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.