What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have a roast in my crock pot ala Winchesters recipe! It smells heavenly!! It won't be long before I pull it out to cool a bit. MMMMMMMMMMM!!!
How was it? Did you like it???

Tonight we're having one of the coffee-crusted pork tenderloins that I had made a couple weeks ago. After we grilled them, I put one back into the freezer. And macaroni and cheese from the pressure cooker to go with the pork, along with coleslaw with lots of cabbage, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may try a recipe I just found for low carb blackened tilapia fish with zucchini noodles :)  I'm finding some awesome recipes at a paleo recipe site!   (the Buffalo Balls were OUTSTANDING - a keeper of a recipe).

Last edited:

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How was it? Did you like it???

Tonight we're having one of the coffee-crusted pork tenderloins that I had made a couple weeks ago. After we grilled them, I put one back into the freezer. And macaroni and cheese from the pressure cooker to go with the pork, along with coleslaw with lots of cabbage, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
It was so good! DH raved on about it....the roast was so tender! The next night I made French Dip with the leftover roast. Another winner!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cooked a pork roast in the crock pot all day. Then I pulled it and added bbq sauce. The sauce came from a guy that I served on jury duty with. He is a pitmaster for the man that markets the sauce. It smells awesome! Serving them on Sweet Onion Buns. Also made a pasta salad.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I cooked a pork roast in the crock pot all day. Then I pulled it and added bbq sauce. The sauce came from a guy that I served on jury duty with. He is a pitmaster for the man that markets the sauce. It smells awesome! Serving them on Sweet Onion Buns. Also made a pasta salad.

Would you share your recipe for the BBQ sauce? I'd love to have it!!! Please?!

Several years ago, when one of my friends came in to visit from northern Minnesota, he brought with him two large jars of a bbq sauce that somebody up in his area had made. He gave them to me because I'm a hound for a good bbq sauce. And, oh my, but that sauce was delicious! It was a little heavy on the cumin, but I love cumin, so it was no problem for me. The guy makes it and then he cans it to use during the cold months and he had given some to my friend....who knew that I'd fall in love with it. The guy won't share his recipe, but my friend sends me a quart of sauce every year at Christmas, in exchange for some Christmas cookies and he sends me another quart for his birthday cake at the end of February. (Yes, I mail him out his birthday cake every year; he starts hounding me about it around the end of January, so I don't forget.)

Last edited:

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I made ratatouille!!!

Or more specifically, "confit byaldi...:

Made it from this recipe from Smitten Kitchen. I substituted mushrooms for the peppers, used a square metal pan and refrigerated chopped garlic instead of fresh (because I couldn't find my fresh cloves in the fridge... found them later at the bottom of my pantry, doh!), and it's delicious. I didn't eat it on couscous but did put goat cheese on it, and had some toasted, buttered crusty bread to go with it.

I don't have a mandolin, so my veggie slices were mildly irregular but it turned out fine.

A wonderful recipe if you have extra veggies lying around!!

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went out :)  I had marinated, grilled carne asada, and grilled garlicky shrimp with some guacamole and fresh pico de gallo, and salad (ok, and flan for dessert)..skipped all beans/rice/tortillas and chips.so was happy with myself overall. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Katie, that looks delicious!

I'm making Rotisserie-Style Roast Chicken (recipe is in the Exchange), just got the chicken in the oven. With that, we're having macaroni salad and a grilled veggie stir-fry. (We just got a new grilling basket that I can't wait to try.) If the weather doesn't hold and it starts to rain by dinner time (when Rick and his mom get home from church), then I'm just going to make some oven-roasted corn on the cob. I made some mint tea yesterday with fresh mint from our flowerbed.

There's a homemade apple pie in the freezer that needs to be used, so that's our dessert. Lots of carbs today.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today we are grlling!  Burgers and chicken with cornell marinade, and zucchini..cooking ahead for the week a bit as well.  Salad will include our homegrown arugula (and our romaine is almost ready for me to start harvesting leaves from the plants) and chives :)

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you share your recipe for the BBQ sauce? I'd love to have it!!! Please?!

Several years ago, when one of my friends came in to visit from northern Minnesota, he brought with him two large jars of a bbq sauce that somebody up in his area had made. He gave them to me because I'm a hound for a good bbq sauce. And, oh my, but that sauce was delicious! It was a little heavy on the cumin, but I love cumin, so it was no problem for me. The guy makes it and then he cans it to use during the cold months and he had given some to my friend....who knew that I'd fall in love with it. The guy won't share his recipe, but my friend sends me a quart of sauce every year at Christmas, in exchange for some Christmas cookies and he sends me another quart for his birthday cake at the end of February. (Yes, I mail him out his birthday cake every year; he starts hounding me about it around the end of January, so I don't forget.)
I don't have a recipe. It's made by a local company. Here is the link:

http://www.jamesgangbbq.com/home.cfm?dir_cat=1789

Hope that it works...sure seemed like a round about way to cut and paste. lol!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick will grill when he gets home from work tonight....A nice ham steak with maple glaze; I made the glaze this morning before I came into work. We're also grilling sweet potato fries for him and I'm making a veggie salad.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Since we're outside pretty much all day today, this morning I made up a teriyaki marinade for a London broil to do on the grill tonight. With that, we're having grilled veggies (chunks of roasted red pepper, chunks of green pepper, chunks of onion, snow peas, carrots, pineapple, and mushrooms) in the grill basket. Garlic parmesan yeast rolls from the freezer. And I made a batch of mint tea this morning with mint from the garden.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had chicken, mashed potatos and gravy, and corn on the cob. I just had chicken and baby carrots with ranch. :)

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BBQ tonight I think! Dana will have a steak and I'll have turkey sausages. Maybe we'll throw some corn on the cob on there too.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Today is my m-i-l's 86th birthday, so we went out to dinner. DH and I had Wiener schnitzel, French fries and a salad; just about everybody else had Cordon bleu with egg noodles, French fries or potato croquettes, except for our niece, who's a vegan. She had a huge spinach salad with fried mushrooms and coleslaw on the side. The portions were humongous, so her boyfriend (about 6'6" and skinny) ended up finishing others' meat. That guy can eat! I only managed half my meal, which is such a rare occurrence that DH was shocked (he didn't finish his, either).

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something Morning Star Farms, on an onion bun, with dill relish, lettuce, tomato, avocado and onion, with a green salad dressed with Italian, and fresh green beans.  Some fresh strawberries for dessert.  

Status
Not open for further replies.