What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tonight is going to be chicken, leek and potato soup with crusty garlic-studded bread from Publix for dipping. Potato soup is DB's favorite thing, so I like to try out new recipes for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, I tried a new marinade (pineapple juice, lots of garlic, shallots, red wine vinegar, cumin, soy sauce) for grilled pork chops. And I made a pan of mac and cheese. Rick asked me for the mac and cheese as we haven't had it lately and he was really hungry for it. And I made some red beets for myself (Rick refuses to eat red beets).

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight making my recipe for mushroom asiago pork burgers, and having leftover cucumber salad and mock potato salad that I made for yesterday.  My dessert will be a half slice of white chocolate cheesecake I brought home from a meal out on Saturday. DH will have a slice of homemade Italian sponge cake with fresh fruit and my unsweetened whipped cream - probably flavored with almond extract and cinnamon.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just made up a big green salad with lettuce from the garden. I'm going to be grilling some scallops and some buffalo chicken tenders.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a long dry spell, I found the best naan on the planet (that one can buy) last night, so whatever I have, I will have that with it, absolutely!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's so hot out that I think we are going out to dinner tonight......

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're going to grill BBQed kielbasa and do a grilled veggie and pineapple stir-fry to go with it. With mint tea.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am about to bbq boneless turkey breasts and potatoes (cooked in foil with butter, onions and salt and pepper)

Last edited:

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chef's salad. Too hot to cook and too tired to grill. So glad I have tomorrow off, maybe I'll have a better idea for dinner.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Flank steak on the grill with the honey-glazed red onions that I canned last year. Twice-baked potatoes. Grilled broccoli.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pizza!  My boyfriend's mom makes pizza every Friday for dinner and we go over to have some. :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Going to my sister's for dinner tonight: grilled pork chops, pasta salad, crock pot beans, mint tea (we drink a lot of mint tea during the summer), cookies (snickerdoodles and peanut butter chocolate chunkers that I baked last night) and s'mores on the fire.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shake n bake chicken with a fried rice side.  Can't wait to get more fresh corn!!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baked pork sirloin chops, big salad, broccoli or baby kale, slice of sesame Ezikiel bread with maple almond butter.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had pizza from Mackenzie River Pizza Company since my parents went to a wedding and I had to stay home and watch the critters. It's their "sequioa" pizza that has artichoke hearts, sundried tomatos, cheese, pine nuts, and pesto. It's very yummy, I just had a personal pan like usual and it's my favorite!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a grilled ribeye tonight, salad, and either sauteed baby kale or mashed cauliflower.  Probably a single serve size greek frozen yogurt in a raspberry flavor :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.