What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover hamburgers cooked on the grill last night, corn on the cob and baked beans

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm taking dear Richard out for dinner tonight.....it's his 63rd birthday! Going with my sister and BIL. My niece is meeting us for dinner and she's bringing the baby, so I'll get to hold my little grand-nephew finally!
WOW!!! :wow: Two wonderful celebrations all in one!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Richard. :party4: :bday: and..... Congrats on meeting your little grand nephew :baby: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

We went out for soup/salad/dessert! It is becoming a Sunday afternoon ritual and a favorite family restaurant in town. Lemon Rice soup, Caesar salad, bread and I choose the Chocolate Cream pie for dessert!!

bonobosoph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Home made veggie pasties/hand pies with a slight Jamaican theme. I used shop bought puff pastry. The filling is onion, potato, lentils, frozen mixed veg and I flavoured it with Jamaican curry powder, some whole spices (star anise, cinammon, cloves, cardammon), dried thyme (as part of the Jamaican theme), ketchup, worcester sauce, garlic, ginger, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Not very spicy but it's nice and salty. 

bonobosoph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well my kipper turned into a tinned sardine. There are two kippers in each pack and I only want one and they're welded together from being frozen, I shall wait until I share it with someone. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pork chops with a sauce from coffee, steak sauce, molasses, and semi-sweet chocolate. First time making this recipe; it sounds interesting and hey, it's got chocolate! How bad can that be?! And our side will be baked potato fans along with a bit of salad.

Although fish tacos sounds really good!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds different, Pam. Let us know how it comes out. :)

I'm on my own tonight and I think it might be cheese, crackers and a glass of wine. :lol3:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I wasn't impressed with the sauce for the chops. I made it correctly, but I just didn't care for it. Neither did Rick. The potatoes, on the other hand.....yum! (I love making hasselback-type potatoes anyway and with the cheeses, they were delicious. From Cook's Country. I wanted to try this recipe because I think I might make these potatoes for Rick's mom on Mothers Day.)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Took a dough ball out of the freezer last night. Either pizza, Stromboli, or calzones. Haven't decided yet. I have ingredients for all of them, so anything will work. I use the same dough for all of them, too.

Pizza - sausage, mushroom, green pepper and onion

Calzones - sausage and ricotta with onion with my dipping sauce

Stromboli - ham and cheese with a bit of sautéed mariachi peppers (hot, but not real hot peppers) and my dipping sauce

Which one shall it be??

Status
Not open for further replies.