What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It used to freak me out when my mother used the pressure cooker when I was a kid. :lol3:

Mystery container from the freezer for tonight. I think it is chili.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It used to freak me out when my mother used the pressure cooker when I was a kid.

Mystery container from the freezer for tonight. I think it is chili.
Been there! Those mystery containers will get you every time!

I have a pork tenderloin marinading in the fridge to grill tonight. Hopefully the weather will hold and it won't be so windy. Not sure what to have with it, but I'm thinking of a corn and pepper salad.

We have an electric pressure cooker...a Nesco. It's really nice and I haven't had any trouble with it coming up to pressure, staying at pressure, etc. It cleans beautifully and, if I have to, I can also use it as a slow cooker. Rick and I were watching QVC one night and Bob Warden was hawking their PCs. Rick told me to buy it, but after checking on the reviews for that model, I realized that it really wasn't very good overall and a lot of people had complaints. (I don't really check QVC reviews because they get a lot of 5-star reviews; that may be because they don't publish the really bad ones. And some of their reviews are a little circumspect, to say the least.) 

But I digress....sorry. Anyway, I started checking around and got the Nesco from Amazon. The rest is history. I use it every week. For a long time, we were using it so often that it never got put back into the box, but stayed out on the kitchen counter. And it was great when we were doing the kitchen remodel...we could work all day in the kitchen and still have a nice dinner in about an hour without going for pizza or doing take-out.

I have three nice PC cookbooks: two are Bob Warden's (QVC, although I got them cheaper from Amazon and with no shipping fees) and I will say that we've not been disappointed with a recipe yet. That mac and cheese just rocks! It's so good! The third is called Pressure Perfect by Laura Sass; it's a good book, but it deals primarily with stove-top PCs. I can use her recipes, though, with a bit of tweaking.

I broke down a few years ago and bought a canning pressure cooker. I did a lot with it that first year, but last year, with the kitchen going on, I really didn't have a lot of time to play with it. Hope to do more this year. The canning pressure cooker is a stove-top and that one bothers me a little bit. 

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Indian style chickpea curry, home made oven chips (fries) and some frozen green peas. Cooked peas of course. 
I'm coming to your place for dinner!

We really do have to grab some groceries tonight. Not sure what we're doing for dinner yet.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Papa Murphy's taco pizza with chicken! This is our first time having the taco pizza but I am excited since they have amazing pizza. It's baking now because Papa Murphy's is a take and bake place. :)

Last edited:

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had chicken tikka samosas. Yum yum. Maybe tomorrow I'll make a cheesteak for myself.

Edit: Well, the samosas weren't enough so I made a one-person sukiyaki.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Haha, I may cook a lot but that doesn't mean I'm at all skilled. 
I hear you.....I feel that way about myself. I love to cook, but that doesn't mean I'm really any good at it! (Although I've been married to dear Richard now for 42 years and he hasn't died yet.)

I took ground beef out of the freezer last night. It's either for meatloaf with some mac-and-cheese. Or I'm going to make baked pasta. Haven't decided yet. Since I can't make a meatloaf to save my life (Rick always does the meatloaf thing), it may be baked pasta.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just me for dinner again. :rolleyes: Larry home Saturday. SO... I might treat myself for a dinner at Panera Bread tonight. A soup bread bowl. Getting sick of Cheez Its. :shocker: :lol3:

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its my husband's birthday today so I made him pancakes with canadian bacon for breakfast.  I made some rice krispie treats (half the pan with milk chocolate on top!).  He has leftover copper river salmon and rice for lunch and we are going out to dinner tonite!
Happy Birthday to your husband

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Just me for dinner again.
Larry home Saturday. SO... I might treat myself for a dinner at Panera Bread tonight. A soup bread bowl. Getting sick of Cheez Its.
WHAT??? It just snowed at the equator!!!! (Love Panera Bread!)

Happy Birthday to Gail's husband!! 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm taking dear Richard out for dinner tonight.....it's his 63rd birthday! Going with my sister and BIL. My niece is meeting us for dinner and she's bringing the baby, so I'll get to hold my little grand-nephew finally!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking dear Richard out for dinner tonight.....it's his 63rd birthday! Going with my sister and BIL. My niece is meeting us for dinner and she's bringing the baby, so I'll get to hold my little grand-nephew finally!
Happy Birthday Richard,many more. 

Status
Not open for further replies.