What's For Dinner? - 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I sautéed some veggies and made a large beet salad. DH made a sandwich with the leftover roast and melted swiss on an onion roll, tater tots on the side. We had cinnamon coffee cake muffins for dessert.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We went out for a late lunch so I'm not very hungry. I'll probably just have some soup and a slice of my 22 grains & seeds bread. Not sure about DH since he hasn't mentioned dinner yet. We each brought home a dessert from the bakery. I got a blueberry muffin and he got a strawberry scone. There's always room for dessert.:lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to another Chinese buffet with Mom's roommate and her cousin about an hour away. It was identical to the other one, except no Mac & cheese or salad bar. Probably owned by the same company. Found 2 more Tim Hortons on the way. 😀

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I went berserk ordering Chinese food ( by now y'all know I'm head over heels for Chinese,lol)

So in preparation for my surgery April 18th I made 10 little dinners and froze them for 5 minute microwave!!I made a few bucks on a consult with a beautiful Arabian Stallion so figured I'd treat myself ( steamed dumplings,spare ribs,egg rolls,Mei fun,pork fried rice,chicken with veggies,pork with mushrooms and orange beef with broccoli!!! I didn't freeze any wonton soup.....anyone ever try freezing that?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure about supper. I could make a turkey and cheese sandwich.. or I could go downstairs and get some veggie soup. Not crazy what they have on the menu: either chicken cacciatore, or hot dogs with beans.... Not feeling like either..

I have an afternoon appointment for my taxes, then I will run to TJ's---down a few doors from my accountant. I will be coming home during rush hour.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure about supper. I could make a turkey and cheese sandwich.. or I could go downstairs and get some veggie soup. Not crazy what they have on the menu: either chicken cacciatore, or hot dogs with beans.... Not feeling like either..

I have an afternoon appointment for my taxes, then I will run to TJ's---down a few doors from my accountant. I will be coming home during rush hour.
Drive safe with all the crazies out there!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was fish in corn tacos - tilapia sprinkled with cumin, hot paprika, sprinkle of salt, dash of black pepper, drizzle with oil, add a pat of butter, then bake until done and ready to flake. Taco tortillas heated in dry cast iron frying pan. . Black beans and corn mixed together, with some Goya Sazon seasoning for side dish.

Tonight - back to leftover meatloaf so I will crumble some and turn it into a pasta sauce with Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, green peas, etc. Shredded cheese to add as desired when plated up.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't freeze any wonton soup.....anyone ever try freezing that?
This is what my Bing Copilot said:

Yes, you can freeze wonton soup. Leftover wonton soup can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months. To maintain the texture of the wonton skins, it is advised to keep the leftover wontons separate from the soup. When reheating, the soup can be boiled on the stovetop or microwaved, while the wontons can be boiled in the soup. Properly storing and reheating the soup and wontons will help maintain their taste and texture.

Lunch tonight will be taquitos, and dinner will be a hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and field peas with snaps.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what my Bing Copilot said:

Yes, you can freeze wonton soup. Leftover wonton soup can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months. To maintain the texture of the wonton skins, it is advised to keep the leftover wontons separate from the soup. When reheating, the soup can be boiled on the stovetop or microwaved, while the wontons can be boiled in the soup. Properly storing and reheating the soup and wontons will help maintain their taste and texture.

Lunch tonight will be taquitos, and dinner will be a hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and field peas with snaps.
Thank you- ah,good to know!

Is your copilot a person ,thing or a omputer app?

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I started roasting chicken thighs with this Japanese style rub so my hubby could eat it with rice and veggies. Well it made him miss home so he looked up a Hainanese chicken recipe to make the sauce. After getting his List of ingredients he started cooking, with much colorful language and complaining 😂 but it turned out great so we ordered a bunch more ingredients so we can make it the traditional way.

Thank you- ah,good to know!

Is your copilot a person ,thing or a omputer app?
Copilot is the built in Windows AI, kind of like Siri but even more annoying cause it keeps popping up on mine even though I never want to use it 😂

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I started roasting chicken thighs with this Japanese style rub so my hubby could eat it with rice and veggies. Well it made him miss home so he looked up a Hainanese chicken recipe to make the sauce. After getting his List of ingredients he started cooking, with much colorful language and complaining 😂 but it turned out great so we ordered a bunch more ingredients so we can make it the traditional way.

Copilot is the built in Windows AI, kind of like Siri but even more annoying cause it keeps popping up on mine even though I never want to use it 😂
Oh boy- computer stuff.......kinda figured it might be,didn't want to sound like an idiot but said" what the heck"-I'm amongst friends

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh boy- computer stuff.......kinda figured it might be,didn't want to sound like an idiot but said" what the heck"-I'm amongst friends
To be honest, I wouldn’t even know myself if it weren’t for the fact that one of my keyboard shortcuts overlap the Copilot launch so I keep pulling it up accidentally lol