What's For Dinner? - 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Avocado toast w/veggies and melted swiss on top plus sweet potato on the side. DH is probably going to ask for a turkey burger sandwich since he bought fresh whole wheat kaiser rolls today and a baked potato. Dark chocolate for dessert. 🍫

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheeseburger macaroni casserolefrim the freezer. We’re all slightly congested and feeling sluggish. An adult family member was diagnosed and hospitalized with RSV and everyone excluding myself were in contact with them last week. Ugh I hope we don’t have it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be taquitos. Hek wants sour cream (or I do, and am projecting, LOL). Supper will be another hamburger steak...because Hek REALLY loves them (not projecting here, they're ok) with mashed potatoes and summer squash with onions.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I took the leftover pizza dough from Sunday into a ham and cheese stromboli last night for dinner. There is a tiny piece leftover, which Rick will scarf down for lunch.
Tonight's menu will be buttermilk fried chicken and hushpuppies in the fryer. Or as our son used to call them, PushHuppies. Never made them before, but lizzie lizzie says they're really easy!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to post about dad & I going to Burger King for half price whopper Wednesday. What a pain. You have to use the app. It wouldn't let me get two whoppers. The lady said to put through two separate orders. But the app said I would have to wait an hour to get the second whopper! So they made me pay full price for the second one. I feel like they should have honored it. The Impossible vegetarian whopper with cheese was amazing though! It wasn't worth $9 though! Highway robbery.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to post about dad & I going to Burger King for half price whopper Wednesday. What a pain. You have to use the app. It wouldn't let me get two whoppers. The lady said to put through two separate orders. But the app said I would have to wait an hour to get the second whopper! So they made me pay full price for the second one. I feel like they should have honored it. The Impossible vegetarian whopper with cheese was amazing though! It wasn't worth $9 though! Highway robbery.
9 bucks for a Burger King burger?!!!wholly moley- that's obscene

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be eggs scrambled with peppers and onions and an English muffin. Dinner will be a grilled chicken breast with Tony Chacherone's Creole Seasoning, except for one tip, which will be "naked," for Hek, mashed potatoes and green beans. Or maybe more creamed corn. Or Hoppin' John. That sounds good, too!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't care for the seasonings I used in the chicken, but it was really moist. And the pushhuppies were fantastic! We'll be doing them again!

We're going over to my sister's tonight for dinner. Their local fire company is selling quarts of chicken pot pie and ham pot pie. And cole slaw to go with. I'm making strawberry pretzel salad for dessert. An easy dessert and one that I won't eat (cream cheese).

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks like Pizza Hut pan pizza? Yum. They have little personal pan pizzas for like $5, loaded with toppings. I should get one when I'm alone for lunch.

Last night I made the best vegetarian stir fry by accident. It was spitting all over me, so I turned the heat down to simmer. I know recipes always say to keep the heat up. But it tasted so much better, not the burnt fishy taste I usually get. Do you guys ever simmer yours?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch at a diner with mom. Only $4! 1 scrambled egg, 2 slices Texas toast with peanut butter & blackberry jam, homefries with onions & extra crispy. Yum! Extra crispy makes all the difference! Fry everything twice I say! Ketchup on egg & taters, forgot to ask for hot sauce!
IMG_20240217_115239_tmp.jpg

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took a lentil and veggie stew out of the freezer,made some rice and opened a jar of pickled beets and thought it was absolutely delish!Harry....not so much.He says "you mean we're not having any meat with this?"Oh well...tomorrow's another day.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fresh short grain rice, chicken thigh (leftover from kitty food prep lol) with some seasonings and sunny side up eggs that are cooked to that perfect point of being just barely runny (my husband’s specialty).

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks like Pizza Hut pan pizza? Yum. They have little personal pan pizzas for like $5, loaded with toppings. I should get one when I'm alone for lunch.

Last night I made the best vegetarian stir fry by accident. It was spitting all over me, so I turned the heat down to simmer. I know recipes always say to keep the heat up. But it tasted so much better, not the burnt fishy taste I usually get. Do you guys ever simmer yours?
Nope,never-lol But it's great you found what works for you and so glad you enjoyed it👍