What's For Dinner? - 2024

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eye of round roast is my husband's favorite. I have a recipe to make it in the crock pot.

I met friends at an Armenian restaurant. I had a veggie kabob with mushroom pilaf. Very tasty and nice sized portion too.
I have never had it any other way but seasoned and roasted in the oven to med.. rare my entire life.Making it in the crock pot sounds very interesting...might you share the recipe?I would love to try it!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am craving Thai food right now. No chance of having it, as the closest decent Thai restaurant is almost 20 miles away, has to be ordered through Uber Eats or Door Dash, and the delivery fees are way high...never mind the fact that the food just doesn't arrive hot enough. Besides, I want to sit down in a good restaurant and eat...with tears from the heat streaming down my face. If I don't cry when eating Thai food, I'm not satisfied!

Tonight, lunch will be eggs scrambled with peppers and onions and an English muffin. Dinner will be a hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, and squash with onions.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Making it in the crock pot sounds very interesting...might you share the recipe?I would love to try it!
We had a long day in the city so I'll be glad to pm you tomorrow.

DH and I had a late brunch while out today so skipped dinner. I had a scramble with asparagus, diced sweet potato, onion and smoked gouda. DH had blueberry pancakes and fingerling potatoes.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I bought Garden Vegetable Hash at Trader Joe's and made a large salad. I sautéed the hash which consisted of finely chopped veggies: cauliflower, zucchini, bell peppers, fire roasted corn, celery and yellow onion. I also added shredded carrots and beets to the salad. I made chicken tacos for DH with black beans, shredded cheese, salsa and lettuce. We split a cinnamon coffee cake muffin for dessert.