What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I had absolutely no clue about dinner last night. Brought two chicken thighs up from the freezer and started defrosting them a bit in the microwave, along with a small container of tomatoes from the freezer. Seasoned the thighs and browned them in the pan. Cooked them til they were done, spooned seasoned tomatoes over the chicken. Added some shredded mozz and shredded parm. My version of a (very) quick chicken parmigiana. Peas with a bit of thyme and homemade bread to sop up the sauce. A caramel apple raisin pie for dessert.

I haven't a clue about dinner tonight. I need to get my act together. Oh, I know. Salmon or haddock in the NFG. *running down to the freezer to grab salmon and haddock from the freezer!*

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I can't edit my original post above.

I'm making a marinaded, glazed salmon tonight in the Foodi Grill. Making a bit of vegetable rice to go with it. I had planned on steamed broccoli...and then I walked up to the garden. Asparagus it is! First good cut of the season! With the rest of the caramel apple raisin pie from last night. Yum!
2023Asparagus.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was two scrambles eggs and a toasted English muffin. Supper will be a chicken strip meal.

Actually, lunch for the next six days will be two scrambled eggs and an English muffin. LOL, I realized that I have a carton of eggs in the fridge that need to be eaten in the next 10 days or so!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad made a veggie spaghetti dish in his instapot, so I've been eating that all week. It tastes kinda like veggie lo mein. Since I don't like to eat snacks, I've been tossing a handful of my fun snack foods on top. My favorite so far was the maple walnuts and Stacys cinnamon sugar pita chips. Surprisingly I hated all the spicy nuts, spicy seeds, and all the flavors of hard pretzels I tried. Way too salty!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick loves filled pork chops. I don't have pork chops that I can fill, so I'm doing the next best thing, IMO, anyway. I took a nice-sized pork loin out of the freezer to thaw. I'm going to cut it open (like a book, with two slices, not cut all the way through). Pound it down, fill it with apples and stuffing, then roll it up and tie it that way. Throw it into the NFG. Mashed potatoes with a bit of gravy and some green beans. A sour cream crumb cake with ice cream and a few strawberries for dessert. And that's dinner tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.